PDA

View Full Version : House viewing or a night out?

bagpuss
03-Apr-10, 20:41
A while back when my friends put their house on the market, they were inundated with 'viewers' who just wanted a night out- and mooching round other people's property a la Phil and Kirstie fitted the bill.

I suggested to a recently widowed old chap that if he was in need of company all he need do is stick a for sale sign up and wait for 'visitors'

Anyone have howlers on this subject?

Sara Jevo
03-Apr-10, 21:53
Lol I dont have a howler.

But my mum veered in that direction.

She loved looking at houses for sale.

She didn't have the brass neck to do it all the time.

But the slightest suggestion of moving and she was off like a shot.

Never had any intention of moving nine times out of ten - just loved looking at other people's houses.

Dadie
03-Apr-10, 21:58
Yes
We had our share of nosey people with no intention of buying... just in to have a look... it was driving me demented!
But the worst viewing was when Lauren and the viewers daughter both locked themselves in the loo.. having a grand time playing with the taps and washing their hands.

Rictina
03-Apr-10, 23:54
LOL my Gran use to do this as a bordem buster, she never admitted it but thats what it was :lol:.

achingale
04-Apr-10, 15:10
People are just nosy to see what other people have done to a property. You can tell the genuine ones though, but it is certainly not my idea of a night out! A drink at the pub or a meal please, not a nose round some poor soul's house. :)