PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Who?

veekay
03-Apr-10, 20:37
OK so we have all watched the new fellow in action. What do we think? I reckon that given time he will fit the bill quite nicely, but then I have seen all of them and none were ever going to be able to take the place of the one before and most did ( one or two notable exceptions).

porshiepoo
03-Apr-10, 21:08
I'm surprised actually. I really didn't think anyone was going to be able to take the place of David Tennant and I was pretty much ready to hate this Doctor and not watch again after today.
However I think this guy is perfect for the job. He slipped in perfectly and has picked up the Doctors quirky habits spot on. I think the sidekick is going to work out fabulously too.
Looking forward to this season now!

Tubthumper
03-Apr-10, 21:10
Yep, it worked for me. The new Tardis control console looks a bit tacky though. The new dame shows a lot of leg and comes from Inverness.
The trailers for the rest of the series looked stupendous! Big thumbs up.

(ps I still get a lump in my throat when the theme music comes on...)

ShelleyCowie
03-Apr-10, 21:17
Me and my OH actually watched it. We have never been fans of Dr Who but for some reason he wanted to watch it.

It was quite good actually. David Tennant is still better eye candy! :cool:

cuddlepop
03-Apr-10, 21:17
No didnt do it for me but I'll give it a second go next week,well I'm far too old to be watching this so you understand I'm doing it "under duress".;)

Fluff
03-Apr-10, 22:11
We loved it, thought he was really good and really enjoyed the episode too. It was nice to hear her accent too. This series looks very scary -perfect!

Does anyone know if it starts from next week or if there will be a delay?

redeyedtreefrog
03-Apr-10, 22:44
I thought it was really good, but Russell T Davies was the real loss. The only thing i dont like is the new opening titles, it looks a step backwards to me. The rest of the series looks brilliant, except those creepy angel statues, I hate them.

Liz
03-Apr-10, 22:52
I haven't watched it yet (recorded it to watch later) but from what I have seen of the new guy I think he will be pretty good although it will probably take a wee while to get used to him.

Aye David is easier on the eye Shelley!:lol:

Scarybiscuits03
03-Apr-10, 22:52
He played the part of the doctor well, it could have been David Tennant! BUT he just doesna do it for me - not pretty at all and thats WITH makeup on. I don't rate the lassie from Inverness, I thought her acting was terrible! Here's hoping she improves with time

greener
04-Apr-10, 00:39
He played the part of the doctor well, it could have been David Tennant! BUT he just doesna do it for me - not pretty at all and thats WITH makeup on. I don't rate the lassie from Inverness, I thought her acting was terrible! Here's hoping she improves with time

Think they were both great and she's from Ness and she is bonny, who knows what what your Moosh looks like ,Scary B[disgust] Probably like your name.

brandy
04-Apr-10, 09:47
same here havnet watched it yet.. was in inverness.. but plan on sitting down to it tonight!

Flashman
04-Apr-10, 11:01
Used to watch Dr Who growing up in the 80's early 90's and watched the new ones on and off.

I have to say that weak episode aside this new Dr Who looks the business for me.

The new Dr seems more aggressive and hopefully as he becomes establised will come more into his own rather than sounding like Tennant.

The new Tardis is better as well, it gives a sligh nod to the old style of Tardis.

The trailer looks excellent... looking forward to it.

Flashman
04-Apr-10, 11:03
same here havnet watched it yet.. was in inverness.. but plan on sitting down to it tonight!

I saw you going into the cinema in Inverness on Saturday :D

Hope you watched Kick-Ass cos it was great.

Tighsonas4
04-Apr-10, 11:20
you using this only to agree tony

Cattach
04-Apr-10, 11:59
OK so we have all watched the new fellow in action. What do we think? I reckon that given time he will fit the bill quite nicely, but then I have seen all of them and none were ever going to be able to take the place of the one before and most did ( one or two notable exceptions).

First time I have seen it for they early days in black and white in 1963. Enjoyed it and will watch again but whether or not I will andure a full series remains to be seen.

Cattach
04-Apr-10, 12:00
Me and my OH actually watched it. We have never been fans of Dr Who but for some reason he wanted to watch it.

It was quite good actually. David Tennant is still better eye candy! :cool:

You should have gone to Specsavers!

ShelleyCowie
04-Apr-10, 12:10
You should have gone to Specsavers!

Difference of opinion? I think he is hot! :cool:

Fluff
04-Apr-10, 13:13
The rest of the series looks brilliant, except those creepy angel statues, I hate them.

My OH and I love them, scariest episode we have seen in soo long!

secrets in symmetry
04-Apr-10, 13:17
I thought Matt Smith did a remarkably good job of not being David Tennant without taking the character too far away from the one he inherited.

Karen Gillan did well too and I look forward to the rest of the new series.

achingale
04-Apr-10, 15:07
I thought he did well, with the odd David Tennant-esque quip to boot. I am looking forward to the series when it begins properly, although it will take me a while to get used to the new slant on the opening music. Not keen on it but I am sure it will grow on me.;)

Cattach
04-Apr-10, 16:02
Difference of opinion? I think he is hot! :cool:

Well I thought he was on the ugly side of normal but being a mere man I should not argue with that. And, of course, as any man will tell you, there are many beautiful women who are not sexy and many not so beautiful women who are very sexy - not sure if there are any ugly women who are sexy but since I do not know any ugly women do I care?

brandy
04-Apr-10, 16:18
I saw you going into the cinema in Inverness on Saturday :D

Hope you watched Kick-Ass cos it was great.

nope had the kids.. we went and watched clash of the titans..

dafi
04-Apr-10, 18:01
It looks like they are afraid to go for someone who looks totaly diffrent from the last doctor.

The last three new doctors have been almost lookalikes. Not to mention very brown about the gills....it should have been a complete change and some brighter clothes!!!

Serenity
04-Apr-10, 23:58
Ok since I saw the new doctor at the end of the last Tennant one I have NOT been looking forward to it. He seems to be trying too hard to be like David Tennant to me. Normally when Doctor Who is on I rush to the TV making sure everything else I need to do is done. Not this time, had work yesterday and can't really be bothered to watch it on iPlayer now. Seems a lot of good reviews but I think it is people mostly liking the fact the doctor is similar to Tennant's and the fact it is Doctor Who.
If I ever get enough motivation to watch it I might like it. I don't know when that will be though. I have also seen/heard the new guy in interviews etc and he seems, for want of a better description, a bit simple and like he has been told how to act "cool" by some PR people.

brandy
05-Apr-10, 00:04
just watched it a while ago... i liked it.. this dr. seems a bit more psycotic.. didnt really see much of david in him to tell you the truth. its almost like some one who has a few mannerisms of another person, but still dif. if you know what i mean.. but now as im rambling and starting to type with my eyes shut .. its time for bed

Scarybiscuits03
05-Apr-10, 14:41
Think they were both great and she's from Ness and she is bonny, who knows what what your Moosh looks like ,Scary B[disgust] Probably like your name.

This site is for posting opinions, not personal insults...............There is so much more I could say but I shall not lower myself to your level as I am better than that.

elastic band
05-Apr-10, 18:30
we have just got around to watching it and have to say pleasantly surprised -thought it was very good and the new actors did very well in making the characters their own. Enjoyed it and will watch again.

bobbyrussell09
05-Apr-10, 19:17
Well i would say im one of the biggest dr who fans , I thought the episode was excellent had to tell a few ppl do ssshhh when it was on cause i got so intrigued .I would agree with a post earlier about the theme tune ,i wasnt keen on it .I love the one before it , It was more upbeat.Maybe with time it will grow on me.But i can deff say i wish saturday would hurry up lol looks a good series with apperances from cybermen ,daleks and the weeping angels.Have to say that was my favourite episode when it was first shown

Fran
05-Apr-10, 23:42
I really enjoyed the new dr who first episode but he is not a patch on david tennant because David Tennant is funny, quirky and really good. For me David Tennant is THE doctor of all time.signed margaret-anns on frans computer.

Tubthumper
05-Apr-10, 23:50
I really enjoyed the new dr who first episode but he is not a patch on david tennant because David Tennant is funny, quirky and really good. For me David Tennant is THE doctor of all time.signed margaret-anns on frans computer.
I said that about Jon Pertwee before Tom Baker took over. And now I look back on both with fondness.

We should also give a round of applause to Chis Ecclestone, the man who brilliantly brought the whole thing back to life then walked away...

(assisted by the wonderful Russell T Davies of course)

Liz
06-Apr-10, 12:26
I watched it yesterday and really enjoyed it and very much looking forward to the rest of the series.

The taster we were shown showed very good things to come.

Welcome back to the Doctor!:D

Geo
06-Apr-10, 12:49
I thought it was very promising, possibly a return to the more atmospheric feel of old which the relaunch of Who has been generally missing. The plot was not great, however it had some lovely moments and as an introduction to the new characters it worked well. The clips bit at the end has me really looking forward to the series.

Errogie
06-Apr-10, 14:34
Impressed they've taken what I suppose kicked of as a non adult programme (well I was pretty young when it started) and turned it into something which appeals to audiences right across the age range.

The story lines are good and some great humour built in. The acting and the script deserve equal credit. Don't think any of the earlier and older Doctors had anything like the maniacal energy of the newest recruit. I'll be interested to see how the Yanks like it for it's way ahead of anything they can produce in this vein.

secrets in symmetry
06-Apr-10, 23:31
I'm told by a reliable witness that Karen Gillan spent Saturday evening quietly holding up the corner of a bar in Inverness. I hope she enjoyed it because she won't be able to do it quietly for much longer.