annemarie482
03-Apr-10, 08:54
EASTER

what does it REALLY mean to you?

do you celebrate?
how do you celebrate?
is it all choccie eggs?
are you headed for church?

so just out of interest.........what does easter, mean to you?

Mik.M.
03-Apr-10, 09:40
Absoloutly nothing to me but the kids get choccie eggs.

Hoida
03-Apr-10, 09:50
Easter for me is atime of celebration and had an Easter Fun day yesterday at the church with lots of games and a treasure hunt and of course chocolate eggs. An easter bonnet parade and a decorated egg competition great fun for all we had babies to senior citizens Hard work but very rewarding and of course we told them Why we celebrate Easter, the day that Christ died for our sins and rose again on the 3rd day.:lol:

ShelleyCowie
03-Apr-10, 09:53
Easter doesnt really mean much to me, im not a church person either.

We will be having our easter sunday dinner, and then of course the easter eggs! :Razz So far i have 2 and my OH, Athrun and his 2 older brothers have 3 eggs.

How come i end up with less? Im sure i deserve more! :lol:

David Banks
03-Apr-10, 10:00
It's a day off work, innit ?
Friday was beeauuutifuuul here in Nouvelle Ecosse.
Helped build a 5' high wiggly slide for the grandaughter, didn't I.
Sunny, no bugs, smashing it was.

northener
03-Apr-10, 10:14
It's a load of Crap.

Unless you are a believer in Christ, of course. Then it's an important religious festival (does anyone actually remember that, I wonder?)

Apart from that it's another eggscuse to be sold crappy cards and stuff yer face with chocolate. Mind you, I have no problems with the choccy bit.:Razz

Most would be better be better off openly celebrating the arrival of Spring properly and losing the Christian pretence.

Amy-Winehouse
03-Apr-10, 10:25
EASTER

what does it REALLY mean to you?

do you celebrate?
how do you celebrate?
is it all choccie eggs?
are you headed for church?

so just out of interest.........what does easter, mean to you?

I dont, its a bit of a pain as the banks are on holiday & so are the council. Will the swimming pool be open on Monday ? Coz my kids are bored & thats something for them to do.

Easter is just another day to me but some take it really serious- each to their own I suppose

wicker8
03-Apr-10, 12:26
doing a family meal for eleven people

Cattach
03-Apr-10, 17:09
It's a load of Crap.

Unless you are a believer in Christ, of course. Then it's an important religious festival (does anyone actually remember that, I wonder?)

Apart from that it's another eggscuse to be sold crappy cards and stuff yer face with chocolate. Mind you, I have no problems with the choccy bit.:Razz

Most would be better be better off openly celebrating the arrival of Spring properly and losing the Christian pretence.

Dear, dear me what a poor soul. Full of negativity and not even able to articlate it properly. I not a church person but I do see that many people find it a time important to their religion. Many people like it as a time to see the end of winter even if the weather does not always confirm this and, of course, it is a great time of fun for children, their parents and their grandparents.

May be crap to you but just remember lots of people of different persuations get a great variety of pleasure from Easter even if it is only a chance for hardworking people to get a thankful extra rest.

bekisman
03-Apr-10, 17:31
Easter?
Being 'up here' and not being of the religious persuasion I can go to B&Q in Inverness on Easter Sunday, (although strangely) all English & Welsh stores will be closed..
Can also watch The Boat Race.

northener
03-Apr-10, 17:49
Dear, dear me what a poor soul. Full of negativity and not even able to articlate it properly.

Really? Dontcha just love people who criticise others' use and composition of the English language.....

I not a church person

This really is too easy.....[lol]

but I do see that many people find it a time important to their religion.

I believe I said this:

I 'do see' as well, Einstein. Did you actually read the post or were you just wanting to be offended on behalf of others?

Many people like it as a time to see the end of winter even if the weather does not always confirm this and, of course, it is a great time of fun for children, their parents and their grandparents.

May be crap to you but just remember lots of people of different persuations get a great variety of pleasure from Easter even if it is only a chance for hardworking people to get a thankful extra rest.

And I believe I also said this:

"Most would be better be better off openly celebrating the arrival of Spring properly and losing the Christian pretence."

In other words, have the holiday, enjoy yourselves but let's not pretend we're doing it on religious grounds, eh? Unless, of course, you are (as I said) actually a Christian.

It's the cynical and hipocritical commercial crap I object to, not people celebrating their own religious festival.

Is that "articlate" enough for you? I can do pictures in wax crayon if you really want.

ducati
03-Apr-10, 19:54
We do all seem a bit prickly today for some reason?

Chill dudes [lol]

northener
03-Apr-10, 20:20
We do all seem a bit prickly today for some reason?

Chill dudes

Bog off Ducati, it's the Easter festive spirit kicking in. It's the time of year for ruthlessly nailing people up, don't forget.:cool:

Any more of your interference with a good old fashioned pointless squabble and I'll send round the Easter Bunny to kick yer veggie head in.:Razz

ducati
03-Apr-10, 20:24
Bog off Ducati, it's the Easter festive spirit kicking in. It's the time of year for ruthlessly nailing people up, don't forget.:cool:

Any more of your interference with a good old fashioned pointless squabble and I'll send round the Easter Bunny to kick yer veggie head in.:Razz

I'll blow him to bits with me 12 bore and feed him to the cats :Razz

That will eggsact my revenge

Cattach
03-Apr-10, 20:42
Really? Dontcha just love people who criticise others' use and composition of the English language.....

This really is too easy.....[lol]

I believe I said this:

I 'do see' as well, Einstein. Did you actually read the post or were you just wanting to be offended on behalf of others?

And I believe I also said this:

"Most would be better be better off openly celebrating the arrival of Spring properly and losing the Christian pretence."

In other words, have the holiday, enjoy yourselves but let's not pretend we're doing it on religious grounds, eh? Unless, of course, you are (as I said) actually a Christian.

It's the cynical and hipocritical commercial crap I object to, not people celebrating their own religious festival.

Is that "articlate" enough for you? I can do pictures in wax crayon if you really want.

There you are showing yoiur true colours. Got you rattled. The laugh is on you!

annemarie482
03-Apr-10, 20:54
i'm not a religious person at all. not in the slightest
but will admit i have fallen into the marketing trap of christmas and easter.
it's nice to have the family time and holiday, and nice to treat the kids.
so i will continue to do so, purely for that reasons.

bekisman
03-Apr-10, 21:03
I'll blow him to bits with me 12 bore and feed him to the cats :Razz

That will eggsact my revenge

You still got one? handed mine in to the Cops - got a letter a month later telling me I needed a firearms certificate.. ?

Dadie
03-Apr-10, 21:07
Just blown 2 goose eggs today for Lauren to decorate tommorrow.
Will hardboil some hens eggs in water with foodcolouring in for her to roll (and poppy dog to eat) and trying to ignore all the choc eggs in the house!
We dont "do" church but will try to tell her about why we celebrate Easter.
We will be eating a lot of eggs .... real and chocolate:eek:

Kathy@watten
03-Apr-10, 22:12
Godness...Easter is an easy one...it's all about the eggs and the Easter bunny is it not? Why does religious belief have to muddy the water? for some this is a time for celebration about a religious happening...but for me and my kids it's all about gratuitous egg finding and scoffing! Don't dare say the bunny is not real..it's the straw I am clutching to during the lambing and am putting all my eggs and faith in the one basket hoping he delivers the goods!

Fran
03-Apr-10, 22:34
doing a family meal for eleven people

That's what i call easter........have a good time, happy easter

scorrie
03-Apr-10, 22:50
In a Family Fortunes survey in which the British people were asked to:-

"Name something you associate with Easter"

Jesus only managed to come in at number FIVE, behind eggs, bunnies, bonnets and days off.

That pretty much sums up the real priorities in modern life. Poor show in a country where some 50% of the population (2008 survey) describe themselves as "Christian"

northener
03-Apr-10, 23:29
There you are showing yoiur true colours. Got you rattled. The laugh is on you!

Aye, it was obvious you were having a laugh.......

1-0 to me.*

* Just having a laugh.

Rictina
03-Apr-10, 23:42
For me its a family time, its far too busy on the roads so we tend to stay at home.

kitty kat
04-Apr-10, 00:19
spending the whole day playing games with the family all 10 of us then chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate ;)

Dadie
05-Apr-10, 21:23
We went to the castle of mey for an easter egg hunt...
Painted and decorated our eggs including 2 goose eggs...
Made cakes with small choc eggs on them..
Ate choc eggs...
Assembled flat pack furniture...
Cleaned out and moved the fishtank...putting most of the old water back in it...and bought more fish....
A nice long weekend at home:lol:
Just need more ideas to keep us going until nursery goes back!