PDA

View Full Version : glassfactory site

Sniperama
02-Apr-10, 21:30
can anybody tell me who is renting the glass factory building ? or if there are any ware houses for rent in wick or thurso cana seem to find any perhaps not looking in the rite places thanks for any help

ducati
02-Apr-10, 22:42
I think it is D & M Carpets that has half of it, but I think the rest is empty.

annemarie482
02-Apr-10, 22:47
a & d furnishing is in the right side, i was in the shop a look, the left side is empty.

ducati
02-Apr-10, 22:50
a & d furnishing is in the right side, i was in the shop a look, the left side is empty.

Sorry, A & D. Don't know where I got D & M from :eek:

Kevin Milkins
02-Apr-10, 22:55
Mrs M was telling me that when she walked past it the other day, it had been vandalised.:(

annemarie482
02-Apr-10, 22:57
Mrs M was telling me that when she walked past it the other day, it had been vandalised.:(

thats true, the glass front doors etc are smashed, have been since long before christmas :(

Venture
02-Apr-10, 23:31
For some strange reason I always thought that there was a biscuit making business in the premises too. Must have dreamt it.:lol:;)

Fran
02-Apr-10, 23:32
There is also the Halkirk bakery in it, baking.

Fran
02-Apr-10, 23:33
For some strange reason I always thought that there was a biscuit making business in the premises too. Must have dreamt it.:lol:;)

No, you're quite right. it is a Halkirk bakery firm that has some of the building

scorpion
03-Apr-10, 08:40
You could possibly try Icetech in Castletown , they were renting out some of the storage they have .

thebigman
03-Apr-10, 10:12
No, you're quite right. it is a Halkirk bakery firm that has some of the building

Nope, they are now out at the old US Radio Base in Forss, still making tastey biscits.

John Little
03-Apr-10, 10:13
"it had been vandalised"
In Caithness!

Times have changed.

Sniperama
03-Apr-10, 10:43
The kids in the area do not appreciate the beautiful town that wick is we can give them everything and at the end of the day it will never be enough

Sniperama
03-Apr-10, 10:45
So does anyone know who rents the site?

annemarie482
03-Apr-10, 10:49
The kids in the area do not appreciate the beautiful town that wick is we can give them everything and at the end of the day it will never be enough

thats probably true, but at the moment, what do we actually give them?

Tubthumper
03-Apr-10, 10:52
thats probably true, but at the moment, what do we actually give them?
Fair comment A-M.
There's no excuse for vandalism but you have to ask, what stimulating and interesting activities have the kids up here got to occupy them?

Sniperama
03-Apr-10, 10:58
and what better location than the caithness glass factory ? it was once a key location in wick big enough to house field trips and days out for the teens now occupied by a furniture shop cant imagine why kids dont visit anymore

Shabbychic
03-Apr-10, 10:59
There's no excuse for vandalism but you have to ask, what stimulating and interesting activities have the kids up here got to occupy them?

What did the kids years ago have to occupy them? Probably even less than there is today. Being bored is no excuse for vandalism.

ducati
03-Apr-10, 11:26
Fair comment A-M.

I know a car showroom that needs rebuilt :Razz

fender
03-Apr-10, 11:26
Here, here. A good old size 10 up the jackse by pc plod worked in the past. We have kids quoting their rights at every turn but what they seem to forget is that joe public has rights as well.

Rant over, sorry

RN1995
03-Apr-10, 12:31
Back to the point of this thread. :lol:
One half, as people have said has A & D Furniture in it and the other half is used by the North Highland College, for the 3rd year constuction vocational course.

Tubthumper
03-Apr-10, 16:40
Back to the point of this thread. :lol:
One half, as people have said has A & D Furniture in it and the other half is used by the North Highland College, for the 3rd year constuction vocational course.
Could the construction guys not fix the damage?