PDA

View Full Version : Humax Foxsat HDR

Liz
02-Apr-10, 14:33
I was just wondering whether anyone has this Freesat PVR as I am considering getting it?

Thanks!:D

poppett
02-Apr-10, 19:11
Not sure if the model is the same but we have a Humax HD box which records in the same way as Sky+. The picture quality is brilliant and the planner is easy to work. We got ours from Alacam in Thurso. A call to them would give you all the technical info you need. It was £130 and well worth it as we have had so many problems with Sky+ over the last two years.

Liz
02-Apr-10, 19:23
Cheers Poppett. That must be the model you have and so glad that you like it.:D

Can you tell me how many HD channels there are and what the picture quality is like on SD as that is what the majority of programmes will be broadcast in.

Humax will have a Freeview HD PVR available later this year so not sure whether to wait for this or go for Freesat. Decisions, decisions!:roll:

Moonboots
02-Apr-10, 20:21
Freeview HD is not currently available from the Rumster forest transmitter until the switchover.
16 June 2010....

From that date you should get BBC HD, STV HD, CH4 HD
More channels will also be added after this.

Hope this helps Liz

Liz
02-Apr-10, 22:22
Cheers Moonboots.:D:D

As you know I've been dithering as to whether to go for Sky or not but think I will stick with Freeview seeing my heating bills have been so high!:roll:

I love the Humax PVR I have just now so may as well wait until their HD PVR is available.