PDA

View Full Version : What's Hanging On Your Wall?

Angel
01-Apr-10, 22:19
I remember seeing 3 ducks on the wall of my aunties house some years ago. I should have asked why she had them! Then I see what is hung on our walls at home...
A photo of our boy... Because he is our only child.
A pet portrait of our dog... Because he was daft as a brush and makes us smile.
A close up of an eroded rock formation... Because I can see things in the picture beyond the geology...
I would like, if ever one appears, a traditional ballet scene with a small cast and little scenery...

What do you have on your walls and why?
Also what would you have if you ever saw it?

Angel...

telfordstar
01-Apr-10, 22:23
On my walls are various photos of oyr kids either individual ones or all three together and one of the five of us. Oh also have my clock.

On my first landing on stars I have a signed Rangers top in a frame which I gave to my hubby to be on our wedding day. :)

Also have various wall prints some in sets of two and some sets of three. Come to think of it I have alot hanging up!!!

ShelleyCowie
01-Apr-10, 22:25
My walls in my house are covered in everything! :roll: When i moved in here with my boyfriend it was a bachelor pad, it still is and it bugs me lol.

In our Livingroom we have - a large print of dark ocean above the fire place, i actually like that one. Have photos of my son and my boyfriends other 2 sons. Lord of the rings poster and a muse poster, Halo graphics cards (bachelor style), some of my boyfriends art work. He is a brilliant artist. And then a dragon Jigsaw (bachelor again but its actually nice)

im not even going to say about my lobby, bedroom, kids bedroom because its just insane! Have told him when we move no posters allowed back up because im not allowed any of my posters up! :lol:

Anyhoo....having my OH's art work up on the walls inspires me sometimes. I wouldnt say i can draw, especially not as good as him, but i do enjoy it, but wont allow any of my own drawings up as they are not em...well they aint child friendly lol :cool:

Leanne
01-Apr-10, 22:28
A 5 foot painting of a horse that my other half surprised me with. Need to get round to putting the pet paintings and the fairy ones up :)

mrlennie
01-Apr-10, 22:30
I'm staring at my carbon monoxide detector and a picture of a big white rose...

NLP
01-Apr-10, 22:39
Photos of our daughter, OHs grandchildren, our niece, our boat and other boat photos.

fred
01-Apr-10, 22:49
I remember seeing 3 ducks on the wall of my aunties house some years ago. I should have asked why she had them! Then I see what is hung on our walls at home...
A photo of our boy... Because he is our only child.
A pet portrait of our dog... Because he was daft as a brush and makes us smile.
A close up of an eroded rock formation... Because I can see things in the picture beyond the geology...
I would like, if ever one appears, a traditional ballet scene with a small cast and little scenery...

What do you have on your walls and why?
Also what would you have if you ever saw it?

Angel...

On my wall...I have some ducks.

DeHaviLand
01-Apr-10, 22:59
An original artwork of Ibrox that I won in a raffle.
A photo of my favourite dog and his son.
A portrait of his mother, Pep.
A mirror, rarely used.
Some cobwebs :roll:

annemarie482
01-Apr-10, 23:01
i have a limited edition print of ayrton senna and nigel mansel, hungary 1992. i bought it for my oh christmas years ago!

several pics of the bairns, thats about it!

2boyz1girl
01-Apr-10, 23:08
we have a clock, drives me nuts not having a clock, a big framed print of a desert scene with 3 native people in the fore front( my gran was foreign and it reminds me of her) a wedding picture that really has to go in the loft now and a gorgeous metal sculpture. The main thing being a big oval mirror which I love. In our hall we have a big print framed of our 3 childrens feet prints which turned out brilliantly, and a mirror mmmmm I can see a pattern forming!! Love going into other peoples houses that I've never been in before and seeing all their things. It tells a story about that person I think.

Vistravi
01-Apr-10, 23:12
A mirror in the bedroom and clocks in every room but bathroom.

My mum's living room is mad. She has three clocks(1 on the mantel piece) lord knows how many decorative plates and four pictures(1 of my step sister in her army uniform with her regement and three large painted ones) Thankfully the rest of my mum's house is not the same :lol:

Truewoman
01-Apr-10, 23:19
We have a print of Lybster Harbour because it's where I'm from, a mirror above the fire for decoration, an Ortak picture in rennie mac metal embossed panels because it was a wedding gift & is pretty and a framed pic of Italian staircases because it was a tenner in the homebase sale [lol]

Alan16
01-Apr-10, 23:37
A list of all the flags of the world, quotes/poetry that I like, and some photos.

Boozeburglar
02-Apr-10, 01:59
A list of all the flags of the world, quotes/poetry that I like, and some photos.

Just a list of them?

Depends where but in London we have lots of art and guitars, here it is mainly original art and then a lot of mirrors, a tv, some guitars and lots of spider webs.

I have never disturbed spiders, I love them. We have a large collection, I particularly love the daddy long legs spiders.

In the place in a far off land we have many varied creatures crawling over the walls.

I used to love the peat smoke trails up the wall in our croft.

I loved the crystals of ice on our walls where we had no dry wall in the winter, before we had radiators, and no damp proof course.

I loved to watch the light from cars peeping through the skylight in our attic room, playing across the walls reminding me of trips to the 'city' (Thurso), all warm in my duvet, newly dry after the first hour under it. Tuned in to radio Lux on my tiny plastic mono radio, hearing all the rock music I would later become obsessed with, oblivious to the realities of life.

Anyway, that was last week.

Give or take thirty years.

Alan16
02-Apr-10, 02:20
Just a list of them?

With pictures. I had assumed that bit was obvious! ;)

Boozeburglar
02-Apr-10, 02:35
Most things are obvious, but I felt like being pedantic.

Go to bed!

;)

sweetpea
02-Apr-10, 02:50
I have 2 things on wall. Big mirror and print of Klimt's.

Boozeburglar
02-Apr-10, 02:53
Klimt is one of my wife's favourites, we have a few prints I am trying to stealthily replace with other originals.

;)

plutonio
02-Apr-10, 07:35
We have a couple of Ian Scott's painting :D

John Little
02-Apr-10, 08:45
Lots of things on my wall but my two favourites are;

Sir George's Street Thurso looking up towards the Square from the bridge, painted by Jack Saxon

An Ordnance survey map of Dearham in Cumbria drawn by my Great uncle who worked for the OS- such a draughtsman he is.

The Drunken Duck
02-Apr-10, 09:03
I have landscape pics in my living room, most are Colin Prior prints but there is one I bought from the picture shop in Wick that is long gone (was at the bottom of the hill opposite the CAB) which is a nice sunset of Dunnet Bay.

northener
02-Apr-10, 09:15
A painting by Micheal Ewart of Northumbrian countryside which was a gift to Mrs N for her 50th from some very good friends of ours, we take the same cottage there with them nearly every year now.

Also two large framed photographs of a pod of Orca taken by Keith Parkes off Stroma - I was lucky enough to be helm on the RIB that day, we gave Keith a shout whe we saw them, he legged it on board and we shadowed them all way around Stroma whilst they hunted for seals - excellent memories.

Also a large copy tapestry of the 'Yarmouth Arms' - a coat of arms for either Elizabeth I or young Edward - nobody knows which.

And a print of Georges DeLaTours' C17th painting 'The Dice Players' - my favourite painting....OK it's in the hallway but I couldn't just leave it out.:Razz

I've also got space reserved for two of Julian Smiths' (Artsmith of Brough) paintings...just gotta save up for them.....

Thumper
02-Apr-10, 09:42
I have the usual kids photos and also a huge picture of a guy abseiling down an ice cave and my favourite one is a signed print by Bruce Muir of a couple of Orca x

wicker8
02-Apr-10, 09:57
hi i have an overmantel mirror it is a fixture it went with the house and a limited edition print bought away back inthe 80's my small sitting room has photos of my grandson to my son and daughters graduation and my kitchen has loads of plaques with humours things on them its something i collect and its got out of control

cuddlepop
02-Apr-10, 15:18
I've never noticed this before so I've not consiously chosen these pictures because they're water scenes but ever single picture/painting is of a water scene.:eek:

I've two oil paintings,one water colour,two prints,a sun mirror and above the mantle a large oak mirror that has elephants on top of it.

I love elephants which I knew about but the water preference was an eye opener.

Even the kitchen has a large Victorian scene of a mother and her girls on the beach.:D

Bazeye
02-Apr-10, 15:36
Wallpaper.

Bazeye
02-Apr-10, 15:41
Lots of things on my wall but my two favourites are;

Sir George's Street Thurso looking up towards the Square from the bridge, painted by Jack Saxon

An Ordnance survey map of Dearham in Cumbria drawn by my Great uncle who worked for the OS- such a draughtsman he is.

I've copied some Jack Saxon drawings and signed them with my own name, would he be annoyed or flattered? My mums got a couple of them framed and hanging in Malaga. Btw I didnt sell them and the rest are in the loft.

Invisible
02-Apr-10, 15:45
Kiss posters!

wicker8
02-Apr-10, 15:55
Wallpaper.
good one bazeye never entered my head

Dadie
02-Apr-10, 21:21
Lipstick, pen and crayon marks, yoghurt and sticky handprints at my last good look at the walls!:lol:

mrlennie
02-Apr-10, 21:25
have you been kissing you wall? :P

Dadie
02-Apr-10, 21:28
No but you have seen the horrors at work killing my plant.....
So I suppose I should add compost to the list too:lol:

moureen
02-Apr-10, 21:41
I have a piece of wall paper with some words that my Dad wrote to my Mam on their wedding aniversary about 55yrs ago.The guy who bought the house found it when he was stripping the walls the wall paper is perfect I got it framed and it means so much to me as both my parents are now dead.

cuddlepop
03-Apr-10, 21:15
I have a piece of wall paper with some words that my Dad wrote to my Mam on their wedding aniversary about 55yrs ago.The guy who bought the house found it when he was stripping the walls the wall paper is perfect I got it framed and it means so much to me as both my parents are now dead.

That is such a precious memory,your so lucky to have it for real and framed.:D

Rictina
03-Apr-10, 23:59
Mine are all very modern art pieces, & photographs of my family. I dont like too much fuss, [lol][lol].

moureen
05-Apr-10, 22:27
That is such a precious memory,your so lucky to have it for real and framed.:D
Thank you Cuddlepop.

Errogie
06-Apr-10, 15:32
All our walls are peppered with things. Immediatly above this computer hangs a fiddle and then a large photo of Shackleton launching his small boat through the surf of Elephant Island to try and reach South Georgia.

One small section of wall opposite has a wooden cow and one of those primitive art pictures of a proud farmer with a large square cow.

Perhaps they should be relocated above the fridge but then there would probably be areas of lighter wall left behind in memory of the departed objects.

ducati
06-Apr-10, 20:38
All our walls are peppered with things. Immediatly above this computer hangs a fiddle and then a large photo of Shackleton launching his small boat through the surf of Elephant Island to try and reach South Georgia.

One small section of wall opposite has a wooden cow and one of those primitive art pictures of a proud farmer with a large square cow.

Perhaps they should be relocated above the fridge but then there would probably be areas of lighter wall left behind in memory of the departed objects.

That would be great! Then you could go and buy new stuff exactly the same shape to cover up the lighter areas :D

suzy
06-Apr-10, 22:00
We have clocks in most rooms, cross-stitch pictures that I've done, on every wall I can find a space!!, and a small unit full of collectable westie ornaments. ( and a few spiders webs that I've just noticed, won't be there tomorrow!!)

That would be great! Then you could go and buy new stuff exactly the same shape to cover up the lighter areas :D

Angel
09-Apr-10, 23:03
I have just been reminising abut the things we used to have on our walls from childhood... I remember...

A large swan with wings forming an arch possibly over the water and 2 lovers siting beneath it...
Also...
A brass shield about 600mm across over the fireplace...
Also...
A portrait of a boy with a tear in his eye...

Would I have them on the wall now... not a chance... how things change...

Angel...

kjandcrew
10-Apr-10, 01:01
a picture my daughter did about a year ago in black and white chalks its fantastic ;) (wallpaper, mirror above fireplace and two well placed other drawings that she did)

David Banks
16-Apr-10, 20:19
One wall of family pictures.

Piece of signed art produced by a talented family member.

Framed print of three young wolves, called Pick of the Pack. It was given to me a long time ago - probably because of my liking at that time of books by Farley Mowat, such as 'Never Cry Wolf.'

. . .

I was disgusted by a recent visit to the dentist - he had his plaque hanging on his wall !

rambo1978
16-Apr-10, 22:29
2 items on my walls in the sitting room, picture of my daughter and a 40" Sony Bravia.

Andrew C
16-Apr-10, 22:46
I have a picture of a pre-1972 Volkswagen Campervan :) I can dream! :)

ducati
17-Apr-10, 10:08
RB's next door neighbour :eek: