PDA

View Full Version : Reminising thoughts

wicker8
01-Apr-10, 21:27
hi guys right i am sitting here reminising and you know how we are all caithness spoken here [ok im broad wick]anyway i had two graet aunts that were schoolteachers[old school] and were prim and proper so this one day mytwo younger sisters and i had to go and visit my mum told me to look after them and make sure that they remember their manners so my one aunty asked would we like something to drink and of course we said yes [way back in the 70's [lemonade was hard to come by] on getting our juice in fancy glasses that were hardly ever used my sister replies aunt m theres a beastie in ma gless i my aunty said beg you pardon and i thought my aunty meant what are you saying [what she really meant was i heard her very clearly but was a bit taken a back to have a dirty glass] so i said talk properly only for her to reply aunt m theres an animal in my glass dont know who laughed the most my aunty or me just thought i would share something funny with you orgers

John Little
01-Apr-10, 21:59
Nothing wrong with a spot of remembering.
You just brought to mind a wee man they used to employ who looked after Thurso Cemetery,
My mates and I looked on the cemetery as our turf - but he was bigger. There's an angel with wings hard up against the wall and there was a tree on the other side - the estate side. You could climb up the tree and wedge yourself down into the cemetery between the wall and the angel.

One day he chased us - and we had to run. My mate Billy was faster than me and up the angel he went and over the wall. But as I went up he caught my heel and to get away I threw myself off the top of the wall. I landed on my feet but my chin hit my knees and I bit into my tongue - blood everywhere.

But it didn't stop us going in there.

Ajax
01-Apr-10, 22:10
yes i have a child hood memory my brother was in the sunday schoolplay along with his friend [female tomboy] they werw playing the parts of mary and joseph anyway the feel out and she kept on hitting him my brother was told never to hit girls so he just sat there so i came to his rescue and made a mad dash to get the sunday school teacher in another room i ran saying please miss marys hitting joseph you know i never lived that down