PDA

View Full Version : I need help of witty minds

Invisible
01-Apr-10, 10:45
I saw a joke on the internet and just don't see the funny side to it.

A family of tortoises went into a cafe for some ice cream. They sat down and were about to start when Father Tortoise said, "I think its going to rain. Junior, will you pop home and fetch my umbrella?" So off went junior for Fathers umbrella, but three days later he still hadnt returned. "I think, dear," said Mother Tortoise to Father Tortoise, "that we had better eat juniors ice cream before it melts." And a voice from the door said, "If you do that I wont go."

Can someone explain, where the humour lies?

annemarie482
01-Apr-10, 10:47

A family of tortoises went into a cafe for some ice cream. They sat down and were about to start when Father Tortoise said, "I think its going to rain. Junior, will you pop home and fetch my umbrella?" So off went junior for Fathers umbrella, but three days later he still hadnt returned. "I think, dear," said Mother Tortoise to Father Tortoise, "that we had better eat juniors ice cream before it melts." And a voice from the door said, "If you do that I wont go."

the tortoise is so slow it had only got to the door anyways his home is on his back so god knows were he was headed! lol

Leanne
01-Apr-10, 10:59
They carry their homes with them...

ducati
01-Apr-10, 11:04
A bit like the Snail knocking on a farmer's door one Christmas eve. Farmer opened the door, Snail asks if he can come in for a warm, farmer boots snail right to the end of the garden.

Following Christmas eve, knock on the farmer's door, opens it to find Snail. Snail says "what did you do that for???

Invisible
01-Apr-10, 11:07
Ah i get it

northener
01-Apr-10, 11:11
Nice one.[lol]

There was a Postie in Wick who was charged a few years back with kicking a tortoise.

When the Sheriff asked him why he'd kicked the defenceless animal, the Postie replied "Because it had been following me round all day":Razz

skaterboy
01-Apr-10, 11:12
boom boom!!

ducati
01-Apr-10, 11:12
Nice one.

There was a Postie in Wick who was charged a few years back with kicking a tortoise.

When the Sheriff asked him why he'd kicked the defenceless animal, the Postie replied "Because it had been following me round all day"

[lol][lol][lol]

Olin
01-Apr-10, 11:29
The original joke of this thread is poor! lol hahahaha

Anji
01-Apr-10, 14:57
Nice one.[lol]

When the Sheriff asked him why he'd kicked the defenceless animal, the Postie replied "Because it had been following me round all day":Razz

That's the second time today northener's made me laugh.
Quite a feat, I can assure you!

horseman
01-Apr-10, 16:29
Will ye absolutely stop that northener(sp) I nigh on scaled ma beer.

sam
01-Apr-10, 17:28

Lol maybe you should change you're name to Tortoise :lol::lol:
sorry i couldn't resist :D

wicker8
01-Apr-10, 19:25
Nice one.[lol]

you had me in stitches first the hens now the tortoise :Razz