PDA

View Full Version : WARNING!: Hens on Wick - Watten road

northener
01-Apr-10, 09:05
There's been a lorry smash on the Wick-Watten road. The vehicle was carrying 300 prize Maran hens and cockerels which have escaped and are currently causing a major hazard on the road, but luckily no-one has been injured.

Wick Police have been advised by the owner of the hens that there is a £3 reward for every single bird returned. As these birds are domestic, they will not survive long in the wild as they will be unable to forage for themselves and will be predated/ run over.

If anyone would like to make a few quid, you need to get out there quickly before all the birds are captured.

Henrik7
01-Apr-10, 09:24
Just picked up 30 of them!!

ducati
01-Apr-10, 09:29
I don't understand. What time was the crash? I've been out there and not a hen to be seen. I spent 20 minutes in the loft looking for my hen net and everything :eek:

Kenn
01-Apr-10, 09:30
"Nice one Fred!"

davie
01-Apr-10, 09:35
Bujjer that -I thought I might collar all the hennies for masel if I got there quick enough
No flies (or feathers) on some of you .orgers

Julia
01-Apr-10, 09:45
Hens last spotted running over the service bridge in Wick, I think they were making for either the Camps Bar or the Chinese! :eek:

Alice in Blunderland
01-Apr-10, 09:48
At the price of chicken these days Ive bagged a few and will be doing some neck wringing and plucking later.................. ;)

Thanks for letting me know northener. :Razz

ducati
01-Apr-10, 09:50
They're now outside Silver Darlings clucking about a Lap Dance :roll:

And one of them was seen down by the harbour trying to drag a fridge oot :eek:

davie
01-Apr-10, 09:52
At the price of chicken these days Ive bagged a few and will be doing some neck wringing and plucking later.................. ;)

Thanks for letting me know northener. :Razz

Oy - that is termed "theft by finding" - you will get the jail for sure.

I think you might be better advised to ransom these hennies for say £20 each and then go to Tesco where you will get some for £5 or £6 already dressed (or undressed if you wish).
You can keep the balance of the cash for your holidays or spend it on drink or whatever.

wicker8
01-Apr-10, 09:54
There's been a lorry smash on the Wick-Watten road. The vehicle was carrying 300 prize Maran hens and cockerels which have escaped and are currently causing a major hazard on the road, but luckily no-one has been injured.

Wick Police have been advised by the owner of the hens that there is a £3 reward for every single bird returned. As these birds are domestic, they will not survive long in the wild as they will be unable to forage for themselves and will be predated/ run over.

If anyone would like to make a few quid, you need to get out there quickly before all the birds are captured. just spot on veryGOODthinking

upolian
01-Apr-10, 10:23
HAHAHAHA

I currently have 2 captured awaiting my £6[lol]

Venture
01-Apr-10, 10:37
Just passed the incident and the emergency services are having a few "breaks" with loads of scrambled eggs on toast to keep their energy up.;)

fred
01-Apr-10, 10:47

I just saw a load jumping off the cliffs at Staxigo.

They must be Lemming Marans.

telfordstar
01-Apr-10, 10:50

lol this thread has made me laugh on a crap rainy day!!!

davie
01-Apr-10, 10:53

This just gets better and better !.

Stefan
01-Apr-10, 11:56
I was wondering where the extra 12 hens came from...they aren't shy, quickly made friends with my hens and are now roosting inside the garage...nice and warm in there for them.

I will be sad to see them go again but 3 quid each is not bad for no work at all :-)
However, where do I drop them off? And do they pay mileage?

Alice in Blunderland
01-Apr-10, 12:25
However, where do I drop them off?

My house please :D many mouths to feed and times are hard

do they pay mileage?

Mileage :eek: hows about a cup of tea when you drop them off will that be okay?

Phill
01-Apr-10, 12:33
It would appear they have made their way down here too, they've bin terrorising me worm farm causing all sorts of havoc so I have strung them up on the fences around the place as a warning to other chickens!!

davie
01-Apr-10, 13:21
It would appear they have made their way down here too, they've bin terrorising me worm farm causing all sorts of havoc so I have strung them up on the fences around the place as a warning to other chickens!!

That is an afence- you will get the jile too!

Stefan
01-Apr-10, 14:21
My house please :D many mouths to feed and times are hard

3 quid a bird isn't bad is it Alice, better than Tesco...

Mileage :eek: hows about a cup of tea when you drop them off will that be okay?

Ok, I'll go for that ;)

ShelleyCowie
01-Apr-10, 15:01
When are they makin their way til Thurso? Need a good dinner for Sunday!

Leave some for Shelley Please!!!!!!!! [lol]

donnick
01-Apr-10, 19:04
is this a april fool joke

Stefan
01-Apr-10, 21:58
April fool? When is that ? :lol:

Fran
02-Apr-10, 02:56
I dont beleive it, i didn't FIND any chickens at all. none were FOUND by me!!!!

achingale
02-Apr-10, 09:32
Nor me Fran! Do I still get money for trying though? Oh, got to go - I just saw one fly past my window...oops false alarm. It was a flying pig. ;)

davie
02-Apr-10, 10:01
Apparently the entire population of Watten is having chicken for Sunday dinner.
The polis have erected "Slow" signs at both ends of the village as the feathers flying around are a traffic hazard.
The Council are running plucking lessons in the school for the younger wifies and an explanatory DVD is available free at the Post Office.

You would think some of these kind people would invite Achingale & Fran over for a meal.

Leanne
02-Apr-10, 10:22
Apparently the entire population of Watten is having chicken for Sunday dinner.
The polis have erected "Slow" signs at both ends of the village as the feathers flying around are a traffic hazard.
The Council are running plucking lessons in the school for the younger wifies and an explanatory DVD is available free at the Post Office.

You would think some of these kind people would invite Achingale & Fran over for a meal.

Mine are laying chicken bum exploding xxl eggs. If anyone wants to come over for an egg piece feel free :)

ducati
02-Apr-10, 10:25
Mine are laying chicken bum exploding xxl eggs.

:eek::eek::eek:

Leanne
02-Apr-10, 10:44
:eek::eek:

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh22/l34nn3_k4ut/Photo2032.jpg

Left - normal, middle - large, right - dinosaur!!!!

northener
02-Apr-10, 12:52
Mine are laying chicken bum exploding xxl eggs. If anyone wants to come over for an egg piece feel free :)

Sooo...these eggs...they make your bum explode if you eat them?:eek:

Are they green with a little pull out pin at the top by any chance?

Leanne
02-Apr-10, 13:26
Sooo...these eggs...they make your bum explode if you eat them?:eek:

Are they green with a little pull out pin at the top by any chance?

Nah the chickens are the ones with the sore bums...

Eggs do cause terrible gas if not allowed to mature for a few days though ;)