PDA

View Full Version : Power cuts

bekisman
31-Mar-10, 14:12
Anyone else having power cuts?; had several lasting a minute or two since 13.40 - knackers up me working on my PC..

northener
31-Mar-10, 14:54
Phones been doin' wierd fings for an hour or so now.

Serenity
31-Mar-10, 14:59
My lights have been flashing a bit but not enough for pc to be affected. Hope my surge protector will help if it does go off.
If its knackering your pc though would you not be better with it off?

Phill
31-Mar-10, 14:59
Flickety lights n stuff here in sunny Lybster!

ShelleyCowie
31-Mar-10, 15:00
i had a few flickers earlier but nothing since. The wind is quite strong out there though.

Invisible
31-Mar-10, 15:03
wee bits of flickering

bekisman
31-Mar-10, 15:37
My lights have been flashing a bit but not enough for pc to be affected. Hope my surge protector will help if it does go off.
If its knackering your pc though would you not be better with it off?

It's one of those things; you get a couple of 'offs' for a minute then it's fine for an hour, so you go on line again, and 'blip' there it goes again - I've got surge protection etc, so really it's just a bleeding nuisance. I've got a 2.7kva generator (with Isolator mains switch etc) if it's going down for a long time, which has been very handy in the past..

so far ok, might be the problem they are having further 'down the line'..

Phill
31-Mar-10, 15:59
It's getting a wee bit silly here now, keeps going off every few minutes.
I never knew I had so many things that bleeped and pinged when the went on and off.

Cattach
31-Mar-10, 16:41
Anyone else having power cuts?; had several lasting a minute or two since 13.40 - knackers up my PC..

Nothing much here in Thurso - couple of small dips. Been on computer all day.

yorkshire lassie
31-Mar-10, 17:47
we've had lots of cuts in bettyhill. gave up in the end and took the dogs out!. it's been ok for the last hour or so though.

goldenguernsey
31-Mar-10, 18:52
been off 5 times or more at Clyth

brandy
31-Mar-10, 18:54
flickerin here more than anything.. been ok for the last hour though

cazmanian_minx
31-Mar-10, 20:57
We had 9 quick ones over a couple of hours, starting at about the time you first posted.

bekisman
31-Mar-10, 21:07
We had 9 quick ones over a couple of hours, starting at about the time you first posted.

I'm just around the corner, spect it's the same line. Although by the looks of it the whole of Caithness and much of Sutherland is having problems..

marwill
31-Mar-10, 21:24
Can't say we have had any problems here. So must have been one of the lucky ones.;)

Phill
31-Mar-10, 21:32
We had 9 quick ones over a couple of hours

Now, now. This is a public forum!