PDA

View Full Version : Jade Goody

Olin
31-Mar-10, 12:43
Just seen this on Jade Goody on the internet:

1. She faced court action over thousands of pounds of unpaid rent.
2. Just hours after arriving (on Big Brother), she had flashed one of her boobs and left viewers stunned with a torrent of foul language.
3. Jade was a figure of ridicule. She was branded a “pig”, two-faced and ignorant. Rival contestants labelled her “thick” and “ugly”.
4. Viewers switched on to watch tipsy Jade strip off during a drinking game to flash her “kebab”.
5. She thought East Anglia was called East Angular, and that it was somewhere near Tunisia. And she reckoned Rio de Janeiro was a person.
6. Jade kept trotting out the clangers . . . Mona Lisa was painted by “Pistachio”, Mother Teresa was from Germany, Portugal was “in Spain” and “Saddam Hussein was a boxer”.
7. Jade put it best herself when she confessed: “I may not be the sharpest tool in the sandwich box.”
8. “If I hadn’t made it on Big Brother I would probably have been living in a council flat with my mum.”
9. Lapping up the publicity, she once told a reporter she planned to dedicate a room in her house to all her front-page covers.
10. She started dating Jack Tweed. Jade had spotted him in a nightclub before, but had no idea he was six years her junior. She was smitten from the start, and the couple had sex on their first date at London’s Sanderson Hotel.
11. Their romance was to be played out in the full glare of the public when they both went into the Celebrity Big Brother house in 2007—joined by Jade’s mum Jackiey. But the programme that made Jade almost broke her this time as she became embroiled in a race row with Bollywood star Shilpa Shetty. She ranted at the actress: “You’re not some princess in (edited) Neverland. I don’t give a (edit) You’re a normal housemate like everybody else. You need to come to terms with that.” She added: “Go back to the slums and find out what real life is about lady.”
12. Later Jade confessed she wanted to headbutt the Indian actress and branded her “Shilpa Poppadom”.
13. Jade’s popularity nosedived overnight and Ofcom received a staggering 45,000 complaints. Her perfume was removed from the shelves and her autobiography dropped by publishers.
14. She then contracted cancer and turned out to be a saint and an inspiration to us.

What do you think of that? in all honesty I agree!!!

Liz
31-Mar-10, 12:48
I think she is dead so leave her in peace!:roll:

Angela
31-Mar-10, 12:50
I think she is dead so leave her in peace!:roll:

I agree Liz, and in the end she did some good by alerting women to the importance of smear tests. Which may have saved some other lives. :)

Olin
31-Mar-10, 12:51
I also think she is dead! In fact I'd even go a step further and say I know she's dead!

Well you're saying leave her in peace which would mean stop being negative about her? I also think people being positive about her should leave her in peace then?

I am sick of all these "Tribute to Jade" programs and "A Year without her"

They take up time and make me have to see the racist s face on television even after shes gone!

northener
31-Mar-10, 12:55
The media sold her rise to a gawping, slack-jawed public
The media sold her downfall to a gawping, slack-jawed puiblic.
The media sold her death to a gawping slack-jawed public.

Who's really to blame, the media or the idiots who soak up this moronic crap?

Liz
31-Mar-10, 12:56
What I am saying is she isn't here to defend herself so why drag up all this past info?

As for her being on telly there is a simple solution for that. Don't watch it!

As Angela rightly said she has probably saved many young women's lives as they have gone for smear tests following her untimely death.

The Pepsi Challenge
31-Mar-10, 12:59
Just seen this on Jade Goody on the internet:

What do you think of that? in all honesty I agree!!!

Yeah, but what's the real reason for your mock outrage?

Angela
31-Mar-10, 13:14
I am sick of all these "Tribute to Jade" programs and "A Year without her"

They take up time and make me have to see the racist s face on television even after shes gone!

I seem to have missed all these Olin. Maybe I just tend to avoid that sort of thing. :confused Programmes you're not interested in don't have to take up your time -you don't have to watch them! ;)

I wasn't much interested in Jade Goody when she was alive and see no point in going on about her now she's dead.

Why dredge this up just to say you're sick of her?

That's why I say leave her be.

joxville
31-Mar-10, 14:44
Personally, I had no interest in her when she was alive and that hasn't changed now she's passed on, however, to those that say people should stop being negative towards her does that mean we should stop saying negative things about Hitler?

northener
31-Mar-10, 14:53
Personally, I had no interest in her when she was alive and that hasn't changed now she's passed on, however, to those that say people should stop being negative towards her does that mean we should stop saying negative things about Hitler?

Yes.

http://www.thingsthatmakeyougoaahh.com/images/144-kitten.jpg

"Zer Britisher press are alvays tryink to pull down zer nice SS menschen. Unt ve are so nice to zer kitten, ja?"

Invisible
31-Mar-10, 15:00
In all honesty I think that's about right.

She was a saint and inspiration because even though all the controversial stuff that happened in her life, she didn't let the cancer win easily, she gave it a good fight and was courageous.

Gronnuck
31-Mar-10, 15:05
If nothing else, Jade Goody highlighted the issue of cervical cancer in younger women - many of whom would never have thought about getting themsleves checked. I believe there will be a lot of women who will be thankful to her for that.

ShelleyCowie
31-Mar-10, 15:38
im not saying i liked her, she was no saint.

But over 400,000 women in the UK got cervical cancer checks because of her. Surely thats something? :confused

telfordstar
31-Mar-10, 15:42
im not saying i liked her, she was no saint.

But over 400,000 women in the UK got cervical cancer checks because of her. Surely thats something? :confused

Totally agree Shelley at least some good came out of it all kinda pointless picking on the negatives really.

Boozeburglar
31-Mar-10, 15:44
I thought she was a rather pathetic figure, in many ways a victim of her circumstances.

Once I saw the way she carried herself facing her demise, she won my respect and care.

Now I see ths thread and realise there are some people who can't let her rest in peace for no apparent reason, I have to say it is not her who was pathetic.

Not at all.

Witlessville, where exactly is the logic in comparing her to Hitler?

How does that analogy work?

wicker8
31-Mar-10, 15:50
such a shame she left two lovely kids i for one liked her

onecalledk
31-Mar-10, 16:03
she may have been a lot of things, I agree that the media made her and then broke her. BUT since I have never met her I dont know her, so dont know the truth, only those who actually know her KNOW the truth.

She was a mother to two young children who have now lost that mother. Everytime she appears in the press the pain that those children carry for losing a mother to cancer at the age they did increases.

K

joxville
31-Mar-10, 16:33
I thought she was a rather pathetic figure, in many ways a victim of her circumstances.

Once I saw the way she carried herself facing her demise, she won my respect and care.

Now I see ths thread and realise there are some people who can't let her rest in peace for no apparent reason, I have to say it is not her who was pathetic.

Not at all.

I agree that she was perhaps a victim of her own circumstances, and yes, she has hopefully helped save lives by highlighting her plight, however, which bit did you not understand re: the negativity/Hitler?

You're an intelligent person, work it out for yourself. :roll:

Bazeye
31-Mar-10, 19:52
Is she dead?

_Ju_
31-Mar-10, 19:52

Witlessville? Ok, if you want to use that term, call yourself witless, as the comparison was with the state of being deceased making it insensitive to coment on any negative aspect of anyones' life. There was no comparing Jade with hitler :roll:. In plainer english for you, as you seem to have some difficulty in understanding english: Jade is deceased. Speak no evil, allow her to rest in peace because she "canna" defend "hersel". Comparison: Hitler is deceased. Speak no evil, allow him to rest in peace because he "canna" defend "himsel". Got it?

Calling people names is not necessary nor is it sparklingly witty, boozburglar.

Tubthumper
31-Mar-10, 19:56
...She was a mother to two young children who have now lost that mother.
Who's looking after the bairns these days? Her husband took a funny turn and ended up in the chokey a while back, didn't he?

sunshine23
31-Mar-10, 21:30
It's funny, no matter how much good a person can do in their life and for the lives of others, some will always remember a person's mistake and cast it up, over and over. Let those who have not sinned cast the first stone.

telfordstar
31-Mar-10, 22:09
Who's looking after the bairns these days? Her husband took a funny turn and ended up in the chokey a while back, didn't he?

Their dad Jeff Brazier has got them full time.

brandy
31-Mar-10, 22:32
ok on the kitten pic.. thingsthatmakeyougoahhh... would that be the kitten, the flower or the grenade?
as for Jade.. personally, i felt sorry for her.. she was a product of her society... she did the best she could.. she turned her ignorance into something that made her money and did well for her self... she loved her children.. i think she made sure they were set up well after she was gone. she faced her cancer very bravley... and for that i applaud her.
she still shone in the public eye.. when she was sick and wracked with pain... with no hair and at times hardly able to walk..
she quite blatenly(sp) told the public she was going to grab as much money as she could before she died so her family would not be left in poverty.
if anything she was honest.. no where near perfect or polished.
she was brass and rough and herself...
she did a lot of good as shelly said.. and quite possibly saved a lot of womens lives.
i never sat down and watched big brother.. never watched any of the shows.. but i like to read the news.. and it was across a lot of it..
the only time i ever remember seeing her in big brother was the first one she was in.. and she came down the stairs in a cocktail dress for a fancy dinner.. but thats about all i can remember of it.
at the end of the day.. if she saved just one womans life.. with the publicity and awarness that she raised.. then everything that she ever did was well worth it..
you do not have to be well spoken, literate, well educated, or from the right lines to make a dif. in this world.. you just have to have the will to do it.. and to carry on.

Boozeburglar
01-Apr-10, 02:02
ok on the kitten pic.. thingsthatmakeyougoahhh... would that be the kitten, the flower or the grenade?
as for Jade.. personally, i felt sorry for her.. she was a product of her society... she did the best she could.. she turned her ignorance into something that made her money and did well for her self... she loved her children.. i think she made sure they were set up well after she was gone. she faced her cancer very bravley... and for that i applaud her.
she still shone in the public eye.. when she was sick and wracked with pain... with no hair and at times hardly able to walk..
she quite blatenly(sp) told the public she was going to grab as much money as she could before she died so her family would not be left in poverty.
if anything she was honest.. no where near perfect or polished.
she was brass and rough and herself...
she did a lot of good as shelly said.. and quite possibly saved a lot of womens lives.
i never sat down and watched big brother.. never watched any of the shows.. but i like to read the news.. and it was across a lot of it..
the only time i ever remember seeing her in big brother was the first one she was in.. and she came down the stairs in a cocktail dress for a fancy dinner.. but thats about all i can remember of it.
at the end of the day.. if she saved just one womans life.. with the publicity and awarness that she raised.. then everything that she ever did was well worth it..
you do not have to be well spoken, literate, well educated, or from the right lines to make a dif. in this world.. you just have to have the will to do it.. and to carry on.

I love what you said here Brandy.

Connor.
01-Apr-10, 03:19
Argh brandy, that post made my eyes hurt, but I agree to a certain extent.

Although she did alot of good for young women and detecting cancer earlier, at the same time she was one of the biggest idiots who captured the publics eye i've seen, other than Katie Price.

Although I agree more on Olin's side, I think the main point he's getting across is the fact it was thrown in our faces so much. The amount of people in the world, I don't see why they are forcing me to care about this one.

northener
01-Apr-10, 08:56
I think you can seperate this into two issues (well, to me anyway).

Janes' fight against cancer and her efforts to use her fame/noteriety to raise awareness in women is an amazing feat. For that she is to be rightly applauded.

The twists and turns of being in the media spotlight that took her to that position of being in the Publics' eye are another matter entirely. She was after her shot at 'fame' and was more than happy to indulge in the same amount of moronic attention grabbing as the rest of the people who put themselves on ridiculous shows such as BB.

She sought media attention and she got it. No sympathy there from me at all.

porshiepoo
01-Apr-10, 08:57
Personally I think it's really sad that when a person dies everyone is expected to stop talking about them, kinda hope that doesn't happen when I pass over, I want people to talk about me and remember me - the good, the bad and the downright ugly parts. It's called remembrance people. :roll:

Jade was just Jade IMO, no better or worse than the next person. For all her faults or her silly little annecdotes she was entertaining to watch, sadly even when she was destroying herself she was entertaining to watch.
However, she tackled life the way she tackled her childhood. She learned from an early age to say what she thinks (often before engaging the brain), her childhood left her with an overwhelming need to be accepted and loved and determined not to let her boys suffer the same upbringing she had.
No matter what her faults during her life she tackled a terminal illness with grace and a braveness I could only hope to manage in the same circumstance.

Like I said Jade was just Jade. No better or worse than the rest of us that fumble along through this life.

Olin
01-Apr-10, 09:14
She's raised issues about Cervical Cancer?

I think that people who let all her bad things she's done slip because of that are totally wrong.

What about the relay for life type events? Where a massive amount of people came together about raising awareness of cancer?

We had to ignore them and wait for a true saint who is Jade Goody?

And everyone who says turn off your tv could possibly explain to me how to customise your own adverts? And when I walk in to shops and see her face plastered all over magazine as some hero when really she was common muck.

And how did she raise awareness anyway? She didn't go and raise awareness of it before she got it? She found out she had it and then started raising awareness for it? I mean what was she supposed to do just ignore it?

I think she is a disgrace along with the previously mentioned Katie Price.

Jade Goody the hero as seen in the clip below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfDCjKqQvjY

weeboyagee
01-Apr-10, 13:59
I am sick of all these "Tribute to Jade" programs and "A Year without her" They take up time and make me have to see the racist s face on television even after shes gone!
I can't stand Big Brother and have a serious issue with the mind-set of individuals who watch that tripe. However, the fact was that we knew who this woman was because of the headline news she created.

Whilst any reasonable individual may not have cared for her character, it was evident to the world that yes, a leopard can change it's spots. The person that bully's the weak guy, can indeed turn into a friend; the richest person who is so high minded can indeed be the one who will end up giving it all up for someone of a lowly nature with no wish for riches.

Have YOU no ability to realise that such changes could happen in YOUR life that would leave your present company bewildered? And if you did, and it was for the good, what would YOU think of them continuing to dwell on the former, less savoury YOU?

Think about it.

WBG :cool:

Olin
01-Apr-10, 14:20
Have YOU no ability to realise that such changes could happen in YOUR life that would leave your present company bewildered? And if you did, and it was for the good, what would YOU think of them continuing to dwell on the former, less savoury YOU?

Think about it.

WBG :cool:

Dwelling upon a less savoury me would be one thing but the thing is she was less savoury up until she had cancer?

Sympathy yes. I do have sympathy for her as it must be an awful thing to go through however I just oppose to seeing her all over magazines and tv given the title of "Hero"

Or perhaps the below equation is correct?

Being a racist scumbag idiot + Cancer = Hero and marvelous inspiration?