PDA

View Full Version : seasons

wicker8
31-Mar-10, 10:19
hi all woke up this morning 7pm to snow flakes fallen it does not seem right i also have SPRING bulbs in my garden and my heating on full blast now thinking of making a pot of winter soup

Angela
31-Mar-10, 10:25
hi all woke up this morning 7pm to snow flakes fallen it does not seem right i also have SPRING bulbs in my garden and my heating on full blast now thinking of making a pot of winter soup

Well....if you woke up at 7pm things have sure gone wrong somewhere, wicker8! ;)

I'm looking out of my window at snow falling on the crocuses in the garden...the heating's turned up and still I'm muffled up in several layers of woollies, including a scarf and two pairs of socks! :roll:

My cat is staring out in utter disbelief and making plaintive EEK EEK EEK sounds, poor thing .........:(

wicker8
31-Mar-10, 10:31
Well....if you woke up at 7pm things have sure gone wrong somewhere, wicker8! ;)

I'm looking out of my window at snow falling on the crocuses in the garden...the heating's turned up and still I'm muffled up in several layers of woollies, including a scarf and two pairs of socks! :roll:

My cat is staring out in utter disbelief and making plaintive EEK EEK EEK sounds, poor thing .........:(
sorry angela i must still be a sleep here i really mean AM doh

ShelleyCowie
31-Mar-10, 10:51
Got my heating on too. Not cold enuf yet to put the gas fire on but im sure it will be soon enough :(

Also i have to go out in this today. Im dreading holding down the buggy in this, at least i have weight on my side :lol:

Tugmistress
31-Mar-10, 11:19
i Don't feel like the seasons are changing, this is what i remember happening in springs past when i was little so we are just going full circle :D

Munro
31-Mar-10, 11:30
Please get the weather sorted up there, we are coming up from Sussex in two weeks time with our grandson and hoping to take him to Whaligoe steps if they are still open. We are staying at the Portland again, any suggestions for interesting a fifteen year old would be appreciated.

PS am now a 1c orger, I realise it is nothing to shout about but at my current rate of posting I will be a 107 before I hit 1k

wicker8
31-Mar-10, 11:36
Got my heating on too. Not cold enuf yet to put the gas fire on but im sure it will be soon enough :(

Also i have to go out in this today. Im dreading holding down the buggy in this, at least i have weight on my side :lol:wow shelley my thoughts are with you i had my grandson in the buggy from my daughters to my house and its hard going in the winds take care

Angela
31-Mar-10, 11:43
i Don't feel like the seasons are changing, this is what i remember happening in springs past when i was little so we are just going full circle :D

I can remember our school holidays starting in April and the snow still being several feet high where it was shovelled up beside the roads :eek: ....not sure which year, maybe 1962? :confused

ShelleyCowie
31-Mar-10, 12:07
wow shelley my thoughts are with you i had my grandson in the buggy from my daughters to my house and its hard going in the winds take care

Well i have suffered the almighty weather. Quite windy and snow in my face but i got done what i needed too. Now im gonna curl up with athrun and have a lazy day. cbeebies all day :lol:

One thing bugged me though, on the way back someone had parked on the pavement. Never left much space for squeezing the buggy throught at all. So to be honest its their own fault if i scratched their car. Pavements are for people, roads for cars. :mad:

rant over! :lol:

The Pepsi Challenge
31-Mar-10, 12:18
Torrential snow down here in the Borders. So much for Spring.

John Little
31-Mar-10, 12:21
"I can remember our school holidays starting in April and the snow still being several feet high where it was shovelled up beside the roads :eek: ....not sure which year, maybe 1962? :confused "

That was April 1963. The river Thurso froze over and you could walk straight across to school from Mount Vernon. The day the freeze ended the tide came in and the centre of the river cracked open with this great crack noise. I remember seeing slabs of it about 3 weeks after and it was still 6" thick even then.

wicker8
31-Mar-10, 12:30
"I can remember our school holidays starting in April and the snow still being several feet high where it was shovelled up beside the roads :eek: ....not sure which year, maybe 1962? :confused "

That was April 1963. The river Thurso froze over and you could walk straight across to school from Mount Vernon. The day the freeze ended the tide came in and the centre of the river cracked open with this great crack noise. I remember seeing slabs of it about 3 weeks after and it was still 6" thick even then.sorry guys i was only born in 63

candy
31-Mar-10, 13:06
Its lambing time, what can you expect :confused

oldchemist
31-Mar-10, 13:39
Lambing storms, shochad storms - nothing new. Brace yourselves for the May gobs.:)

riggerboy
31-Mar-10, 14:01
i have my new log burner on and its toasty warm let it snow and blow cold selfish yes but i love the fire on

northener
31-Mar-10, 14:57
I remember working on the North Coast Explorer RIB at JOG harbour about 4 years ago.

We didn't start until May and the second weekend we were sunburned on the Friday and hiding from a blizzard in the hut the following Monday That was May!:eek:

davie
31-Mar-10, 15:59

Not many people on here remember the 20's

cuddlepop
31-Mar-10, 16:31
I can remember our school holidays starting in April and the snow still being several feet high where it was shovelled up beside the roads :eek: ....not sure which year, maybe 1962? :confused

I remember it snowed heavily after my son was born on the 25th of April1987 and I was still sun burnt from the day before.
Scottish weather me thinks.:lol:

Cattach
31-Mar-10, 16:37

Have to agree. I have seen snow in March and April and later many a time in the last 50 years.

trix
31-Mar-10, 19:35
on a lighter note....:D

someone says, apparently 'iss year is goin til be 'e hottest year since 1976.
i wisna borne then but iv spoken til people who can remember, an' they say it wis really hot!! :cool:

ShelleyCowie
31-Mar-10, 19:42
on a lighter note....:D

someone says, apparently 'iss year is goin til be 'e hottest year since 1976.
i wisna borne then but iv spoken til people who can remember, an' they say it wis really hot!! :cool:

gosh i hope it aint too hot! I remember the wee mini heat wave we had last year, i was walkin round half naked most e time and athrun was in his nappy constantly. Too hot to sleep, to hot to move, too hot for anything :(

Canny imagine it bein that hot this year with me bein a fatty!!

Tubthumper
31-Mar-10, 20:09
...last year I was walkin round half naked most e time ...
Summer, winter, you just don't care do you, woman!? Poor Mik & Bob can't get the decorating done, they're visibly ageing before our eyes!!!

ShelleyCowie
31-Mar-10, 22:15
Summer, winter, you just don't care do you, woman!? Poor Mik & Bob can't get the decorating done, they're visibly ageing before our eyes!!!

[lol] darn! Knew i shouldnt have said anything but ur on the prowl tubs!

Seeing me half naked aint a sight many would want to see though :lol: