PDA

View Full Version : M-Cat

Bazeye
31-Mar-10, 08:08
Just wondering what the situation in Caithness is, particularly Thurso, regarding this. Is it as rife as the newspapers lead us to believe or is it all just hype.

Scarybiscuits03
31-Mar-10, 09:26
I know of people using it in Thurso and I don't believe they have struggled to get their hands on it!

ducati
31-Mar-10, 09:32
As far as I am aware no narcotic whether legal or not has ever turned out to be harmless. Why the Gov. are debating whether to ban it is a mystery to me. In the meantime anyone who decides to use it (and any other) must be a moron. :confused

.......we are talking about Plant Food aren't we? Not Meercats or anything?

slinky
31-Mar-10, 12:19
ban the rubbish :roll:

Olin
31-Mar-10, 12:31
It is common in Thurso and I don't really know why?

People think because its legal it makes it ok. They think that because its legal it isn't as dangerous as other drugs. Yet it is possible to over do it on anything.

I recently read a dance magazine that did a big drugs survey of the year and although a survey some of the people's stories showed how bad a drug it can be. There were reports of people taking it and not getting to sleep for 3 days afterwards. Not good for anyone.

And I have personally spoken to a few people who say "Yeah but they were taking wads of it" which doesn't necess. mean its allright.

I also seen two guys who were out of it on a train recently and one of them was shouting "M1 M1" and then went on about how life was too short and boring and the only thing you can do is enjoy it and taking M1 was part of that enjoyment. I also witnessed them passing some over in a bag.

As always I think the government should ban it along with alcohol or they should invest in makign things legal so they can properly control drugs

Gronnuck
31-Mar-10, 13:16
Alcohol and tobacco have killed, injured and damaged many more people than Mephedrone has, yet they aren’t banned.

Perhaps it's something to do with the tax revenue alcohol and tobacco generate.

ducati
31-Mar-10, 13:19
Alcohol and tobacco have killed, injured and damaged many more people than Mephedrone has, yet they aren’t banned.

Perhaps it's something to do with the tax revenue alcohol and tobacco generate.

This comes up every time anyone talks about drugs. It is a seperate issue, people just use it to justify taking other drugs. It doesn't wash.

Its like saying well I can rob a bank because I get taxed :eek:

theone
31-Mar-10, 13:26
It is common in Thurso and I don't really know why?

People think because its legal it makes it ok. They think that because its legal it isn't as dangerous as other drugs. Yet it is possible to over do it on anything.

I don't think the percieved danger has anything to do with it.

The fact they can legally buy and use it is more attractive than finding a dealer and risking prosecution.

riggerboy
31-Mar-10, 13:59
This comes up every time anyone talks about drugs. It is a seperate issue, people just use it to justify taking other drugs. It doesn't wash.

pure drivel,

Jeid
31-Mar-10, 14:03

Isn't nicotine a drug?

ducati
31-Mar-10, 14:06
Isn't nicotine a drug?

Head.. wall.. bang :roll:

ducati
31-Mar-10, 14:14
pure drivel,

Well? What do you think?

Gronnuck
31-Mar-10, 14:39
People will always find something to smoke, drink, and snort or inject to take themselves somewhere else. This M-Cat plant food is just another ‘drug’ in a long line of substances people use. The government will always be playing ‘catch-up’ because as soon as one substance is banned another is found.

If you’re going to ban one drug then surely it’s time to ban them all – including alcohol and tobacco. It’s a well known fact that alcohol and tobacco cause more harm than many other recreational drugs.

To do otherwise is hypocritical.

On the other hand maybe we should legalise all drugs and tax them according to how much damage they cause.

ducati
31-Mar-10, 14:51
To do otherwise is hypocritical.

On the other hand maybe we should legalise all drugs and tax them according to how much damage they cause.

Aye, as we can't get rid of them I would be in favour of this. You never know we might end up with new industries like the Whisky Industry generating jobs and revenue for Scotland. At least you would know what's in them and it would put the illegal supply out of business overnight.

I strongly suspect once they are legal and readily available a lot of people would loose interest anyway.

Price it reasonably and you would cut all crime by about 70%.

What a challenge for the next gov. this would be!

Of course junkies or their families would then want to sue the govenment for the harm they do themselves or their loved ones.

Jeid
31-Mar-10, 15:47
Head.. wall.. bang :roll:

Everytime I see you post the crap you post, I feel the same.

ducati
31-Mar-10, 15:50
Everytime I see you post the crap you post, I feel the same.

Well explain. What is your position? I'm not going to appologise for being against drug taking.

Phill
31-Mar-10, 16:04
I'm all for trying new things and experimenting, I can tell you now that snorting Miracle Grow doesn't get you high but it does turn your snot blue!

ducati
31-Mar-10, 16:12
I'm all for trying new things and experimenting, I can tell you now that snorting Miracle Grow doesn't get you high but it does turn your snot blue!

Oh Phill, I'm astonished you are back sliding. After all the work we put in getting you over your condiment dependency. For Shame :(

Bazeye
31-Mar-10, 19:40
The government will always be playing ‘catch-up’ because as soon as one substance is banned another is found.

Correct. A lad I know who runs a Head Shop has already got his order in for the next batch of legal stuff for when Mephadrone is eventually banned.. Plant food eh....so thats what Gracie Fields used.

slinky
31-Mar-10, 23:40
Well explain. What is your position? I'm not going to appologise for being against drug taking.
lol [lol]:roll:

Connor.
01-Apr-10, 03:34
For those of you who are unaware of what this thread is about long story short:

Ducati picking fights.

Bazeye
01-Apr-10, 07:33
ban the rubbish :roll:

That should solve the problem. Like it has with coke, smack, whizz, e's, weed etc....etc......

ducati
01-Apr-10, 08:03
For those of you who are unaware of what this thread is about long story short:

Ducati picking fights.

Chill dude [lol]

What is it with you? I'm not allowed to post on drug related threads (something I feel very strongly about) without the drug Nazis attacking me. Get a life