PDA

View Full Version : Beware bogus puppy sellers

Jenni
30-Mar-10, 22:57
My son was browsing the net looking to see if there were any Westies for sale and he came across an advert for Westie pups in Halkirk. I emailed the guy for details and it turns out he apparently does not live here and is originally from Hiati and needs to get rid of the pups quickly as he has to return to see what damage has been done to his family home etc etc. He lives about 7 hours away from here but if I let him know the nearest airport he will transport the puppy there for me to collect. He is only asking for me to send him the price of transporting the puppy to me as he needs to get rid of them asap so he can return home. I obviously smelt a rat straight away but emailed a reply asking why he had said they were in Halkirk and his answer was that he thought it was an area in the country where the residents might like to buy Westies. Surely no-one out there would be stupid enough to send the money off in the hope of getting one of these puppies. I mean who would want a puppy sent to them that they have never even seen. I can't believe the levels that some people would stoop to.

ShelleyCowie
30-Mar-10, 23:03
Thats really sad! And i actually feel bad for the genuine puppy sellers then aswell.

I have seen that the ban has been lifted to sell pups on here which is great, but 5 times a day i turn round to my boyfriend and say "i want a jack russel, i want a german shepherd...." you get my drift! :lol:

Thing is some people can be gullable to buy dogs like that, i know of a few who it has happened too and i cant exactly say gullable but its too late at night to think of the right words. But some people can make the sale seem genuine til the last second! :(

But that seller there, thats a silly story! And one that seems a complete lie anyway. Yes you are right, people shudnt buy pups unless they have seen them, met the owners etc etc.

dbooth82
31-Mar-10, 18:17
i think is so unfair that ppl can do this and some ppl get ripped off ...................... conartists you should be ashamed of your selfs .... get a life .......

Sarah
01-Apr-10, 01:28
That's actually a very well known scam, you send the transport price, as you cannot collect, then you never get your pup :(

billyjoe
02-Jun-10, 16:11
My son was browsing the net looking to see if there were any Westies for sale and he came across an advert for Westie pups in Halkirk. I emailed the guy for details and it turns out he apparently does not live here and is originally from Hiati and needs to get rid of the pups quickly as he has to return to see what damage has been done to his family home etc etc. He lives about 7 hours away from here but if I let him know the nearest airport he will transport the puppy there for me to collect. He is only asking for me to send him the price of transporting the puppy to me as he needs to get rid of them asap so he can return home. I obviously smelt a rat straight away but emailed a reply asking why he had said they were in Halkirk and his answer was that he thought it was an area in the country where the residents might like to buy Westies. Surely no-one out there would be stupid enough to send the money off in the hope of getting one of these puppies. I mean who would want a puppy sent to them that they have never even seen. I can't believe the levels that some people would stoop to. Hi funny you should say that it happened to me just yesterday when i was looking for a brichon fries dog i also smelt a rat it was the same idea but i never answered (the puppys free to good home,) just send £250 for transporting it" I never came doon with the last shower oh rain" billyjoe