PDA

View Full Version : is it worth fixing

donnick
30-Mar-10, 21:11
I have acquired a washing machine( AND NO NOT OFF THE BACK OF A LORRY ) that does not seem to want to spin nothing obvious wrong with it .Does any one know of someone who can have a look without costing a fortune , or should i buy new one .any info greatly appreciated

laguna2
30-Mar-10, 21:21
Had a similar problem with my washing machine after it had been moved. Turned out that the outlet pipe was twisted and this was stopping the machine pumping the water out properly and so it would not spin. Sorted out the pipe and all was well.

Worth a try?

EDDIE
30-Mar-10, 21:35
try replaceing the brushes on the motor

joxville
30-Mar-10, 21:52
Try replacing the drum, motor, brushes, pump, belts, control panel and outer casing, the problem will definitely be fixed. ;)

donnick
30-Mar-10, 21:58
Try replacing the drum, motor, brushes, pump, belts, control panel and outer casing, the problem will definitely be fixed. ;)
trying being more helpful,[evil] from a society that is throwing away stuff so easily and filling up land filled sites
and thank you from the orgers with HELPFULL bits of advice :Razz

laguna2
30-Mar-10, 22:04

lol you are so helpful jox!:lol:

joxville
30-Mar-10, 23:52
trying being more helpful,[evil] from a society that is throwing away stuff so easily and filling up land filled sites
and thank you from the orgers with HELPFULL bits of advice :Razz

Okay dude, relax. :roll:

Seriously now, first check that the drum belt hasn't broken or needs tightening. Next try replacing the motor brushes, especially if the machine is more than 3 years old or had a lot of use if previous owners were a large family. Worst case is either the motor has packed up or you need a new programming unit.

The above info comes courtesy of my brother, a Hotpoint engineer. Without actually seeing the machine that's the best info he can provide.

Aaldtimer
31-Mar-10, 03:40
If the said machine carries out it's normal washing cycle but does not want to do the spin cycle, then I would suggest the belt, motor etc are ok. Maybe the programme mechanism is at fault.
There's a lot of other possibilites, but only an experienced engineer will be able to pinpoint them.
Good luck with that.

dozy
31-Mar-10, 09:13
Hi .It sounds like the CAPACITOR has gone, they boost the motor onto the upper cycle (ie spin cycle ) .They are silver about 35mm long 20mm wide are are located next too or on the motor .They cost around £4.00 plus postage .....best of luck ..PS if you get stuck PM me ..cheers

donnick
31-Mar-10, 20:18
BIG thank you to EVERONE ,sorry i got a bit snappy but no washing machine was peeing me off .Stuff now ordered so heres hoping so thank you thank you thank you :D

by the way i am not a dude i am a dudet ...lol