PDA

View Full Version : Confession

scotsboy
30-Mar-10, 13:51
Following on from the banning order thread, I think it only fair that I come clean and say that I am one of those previously banned from the org...........many moons ago I used to post under the moniker of KW14Ultra, I made a big mistake, got my erse skelped and banned by admin..............wouldn't mind the old moniker back actually:)

bekisman
30-Mar-10, 14:43
I thought you were called 'Anonymous' back in 03? ;)

ducati
30-Mar-10, 14:46
Following on from the banning order thread, I think it only fair that I come clean and say that I am one of those previously banned from the org...........many moons ago I used to post under the moniker of KW14Ultra, I made a big mistake, got my erse skelped and banned by admin..............wouldn't mind the old moniker back actually:)

Would you like to explain word for word why you were banned? :Razz

scotsboy
30-Mar-10, 14:48
No problem, I made a veiled threat to site security, one that I never intended to carry out, but it was wrong, immature and I was correctly banned.

scotsboy
30-Mar-10, 14:49
I thought you were called 'Anonymous' back in 03? ;)

Nope, never Anonymous.

ducati
30-Mar-10, 14:51
No problem, I made a veiled threat to site security, one that I never intended to carry out, but it was wrong, immature and I was correctly banned.

Crickey... :eek:

scotsboy
30-Mar-10, 14:52
It was way back in my militant youth!

northener
30-Mar-10, 14:56
Crickey... :eek:

It's 'Crikey', get it right or i'll batter ye....ooops...

I have another account on here that I set up for someone else who uses my computer - I must admit I've been tempted to use my 'alter ego' to indulge in a bit if mischief making. But so far I've been a good boy.

ducati
30-Mar-10, 15:14
It's 'Crikey', get it right or i'll batter ye....ooops...

I have another account on here that I set up for someone else who uses my computer - I must admit I've been tempted to use my 'alter ego' to indulge in a bit if mischief making. But so far I've been a good boy.

Sorry been listening to my old "Dicky Bird" tapes [lol]

I use my wifes account so it's all her fault ;)

wicker8
30-Mar-10, 18:21
No problem, I made a veiled threat to site security, one that I never intended to carry out, but it was wrong, immature and I was correctly banned.hi you know i admire your honesty

Bazeye
30-Mar-10, 19:17

You're Gene Hunt and I claim my £5. :lol:

Tubthumper
30-Mar-10, 21:21
I'M Gene Hunt!

Kevin Milkins
30-Mar-10, 21:38
I'M Gene Hunt!

NO, I'm Gene Hunt, cos I is Welsh.:eek:

And If you argue with me, I will sort you out the next time I meet you at Murrayfield.:lol:

Phill
30-Mar-10, 23:05
I am one of those previously banned from the org..........

Where's RB?
There is only one recourse!

I'M Gene Hunt!

The Ford was far superior to the Audi, end of.

Tubthumper
30-Mar-10, 23:09
Where's RB?
There is only one recourse!
What, is he going to advise us on the law regarding impersonation of a fictitious TV character? Wooo, scarey!

The Ford was far superior to the Audi, end of.
Pants. The Morris Marina was the Queen of 70's machines. And the Austin Princess was the ... er... princess? And I spent many interesting hours in a Maxi.
Funny, you don't see many of these motors about though. Wonder why?

ducati
30-Mar-10, 23:31
Pants. The Morris Marina was the Queen of 70's machines. And the Austin Princess was the ... er... princess? And I spent many interesting hours in a Maxi.

They are all in Museums of automotive excellence around the world.

What about the often overlooked "re-design" on the classic Marina, the Ital? :cool:

webmannie
30-Mar-10, 23:38

Concur on the Marina, it was our top cut n' shut in the coachbuilders when i worked there. Pranged ones were so plentiful, we would get a front half a couple of years newer than the back half, weld them together and Mot it as the newer half and sell VERY scary now thinking back on what I used to do, must have done a dozen of them. Thank god the law changed!!

The princess was a notorious rust bucket. Paint job was terrible, they must have undercoated it, put it outside for months and then taken it back in to paint, they were that bad. The front panel under the bumper went so far back underneath it used to get seriously pebble dashed by stones and would rust and fall off within a year

Phill
30-Mar-10, 23:42
What about the All agro!

webmannie
30-Mar-10, 23:44
Did a couple of them also, they were a pain!!

George Brims
31-Mar-10, 02:07
Pants. The Morris Marina was the Queen of 70's machines. Funny, you don't see many of these motors about though. Wonder why?
I saw a thing online a couple of years ago saying the Marina was the worst-lasting British car of all time (what a distinction!). I don't remember the numbers, but it looked like hardly any of them were left on the road, going by DVLC records.

Edit: Found this on Wikipedia. A survey conducted by Auto Express magazine in August 2006 revealed that just 745 of the 807,000 Marinas sold in Britain are still on the road — that number is fewer than one in a thousand but more than 700. This made it officially the most-scrapped car to have been sold in Britain over the previous 30 years. A few of these were later destroyed for comic effect by the BBC television series Top Gear, mainly with falling pianos. However James May did say that at least one should be preserved to serve as a "warning from history".

I used to own one. It was a "deluxe" model, produced in a limited edition when they introduced the MkII. Vinyl roof (which was starting to peel by the time I got rid of it) and admittedly rather nice upholstery. I bought it with 50,000 miles on it. The engine blew at 55,000. Had to replace the gearbox twice (to be fair, when the first replacement is from a scrap yard, the "twice" part is almost to be expected). Rear end was making a fairly loud whine towards the end. Two tubes of moly slip quieted it down enough to get rid of it when I went abroad. In an exercise in poetic justice, I sold it to a rather shady double glazing salesman.

Oh and the weirdest two things that happened with it. The boot had a light (I said it was "deluxe"!) which was operated by the cheapest looking switch you ever saw. I used to notice the car starting a bit poorly in the morning. Then we had a long weekend, and it wouldn't start the next time I went to work. Turned out that switch was broken and the light was on all the time! Also in the boot, two wee plastic tubes took condensation running down the rear window and channeled it into the groove around the boot lid. One of those wee tubes was broken, probably by the same large box that broke the switch. Sadly that was on the right hand side where the spare wheel was, so water gathered and I didn't see it for the wheel, and the car rusted through from the inside!