PDA

View Full Version : that dreaded vets visit!

ShelleyCowie
29-Mar-10, 13:26
Poor Brenon doesnt know whats coming! Next week i am carting him off to the vets.

Iv nearly had enough of him and Fintan fighting for dominance and enough is enough. Its about time he went to the "chop shop" :lol:

He has to be starved from dinner time the night before, he wont be best pleased but thats just tuff! That cat can eat constantly.

Am i supposed to feel anxious about this? Because i really dont at the moment if it might stop him and fintan fighting and spraying for dominance. :confused

Dadie
29-Mar-10, 13:35
No
Get him done... just be prepared for the Im not going in the cat basket fight and wailing all the way to the vets!
Them the three days moping and not speaking to you when you get him home:lol:

Liz
29-Mar-10, 14:01
Nothing to worry about at all Shelley.

I have had all my cats 'done' with no problems. Male cats recover far more quickly than females as it is a far easier procedure so they don't need as much anaesthetic.
Typical that men get it easier!!!:lol:

Olin
29-Mar-10, 14:06
Like what is this thread meant to be about?

cherokee
29-Mar-10, 14:18
Sorry it's not often that I come on any threads, on any forum but........

Olin...... I think this thread that Shelley has made states the very obvious... she is a wee bit concerned about taking her male cat to be nuetered !!!!

Does that simplify things for you?? :confused

If, you have the comprehension to understand that, then why post such an inane question???

P/S - Shelley - I'm sure that your boy will be just fine and it'll make life easier for you and Fintan - Good Luck Lass !

Olin
29-Mar-10, 14:40
Sorry it's not often that I come on any threads, on any forum but........

Olin...... I think this thread that Shelley has made states the very obvious... she is a wee bit concerned about taking her male cat to be nuetered !!!!

Does that simplify things for you?? :confused

If, you have the comprehension to understand that, then why post such an inane question???

P/S - Shelley - I'm sure that your boy will be just fine and it'll make life easier for you and Fintan - Good Luck Lass !

Well i was just wondering what it was about?

It seemed to be a story about the cats then the fact that she is wondering if she is supposed to feel anxious because she doesn't....

ShelleyCowie
29-Mar-10, 14:50
Well i was just wondering what it was about?

It seemed to be a story about the cats then the fact that she is wondering if she is supposed to feel anxious because she doesn't....

Like am i supposed to feel anxious about my cat going under the knife basically. I thought i made it pretty obvious what i was meaning. :confused Or are u just tryin to wind us up?

Anyhoo...yeah im sure he will be fine. He gets to stay in at night for a while, that will drive me and him insane cos he doesnt like it lol. But once its done then we are sorted :Razz

I think he just still seems so small to be getting it done but he is a teeeeeny tiny kitty to me still. Even though he takes up half the couch [lol]

Vistravi
29-Mar-10, 18:58
Poor Brenon doesnt know whats coming! Next week i am carting him off to the vets.

Iv nearly had enough of him and Fintan fighting for dominance and enough is enough. Its about time he went to the "chop shop"

He has to be starved from dinner time the night before, he wont be best pleased but thats just tuff! That cat can eat constantly.

Am i supposed to feel anxious about this? Because i really dont at the moment if it might stop him and fintan fighting and spraying for dominance.

It should defintly help him calm down. My brothers cat was a very chilled out cat after being neutured. He certainly seemed to recover alot quicker than my brothers queen when she eventually got dressed. Defintly expect to be glowered at and ignored for a couple of days or better still get your OH to take him so its him Brennon refuses to acknowledge.

Caramel is an escape artist when it comes to getting in the cat box and in the vets. As my partner is useless at catching her as he doesn't like being nasty to her (or so he calls it lol) and can't keep her still at the vets its down to me to catch her and put in the box and to hold her in the vets. She can't get out of my steel grip though she still tries everytime. My partners dad was there once when i was catching her to go in the box and he was worried that she had scratched me or more so my bump. Other than trying to wiggle out of my grasp she doesn't do anything to me. She's a very good cat really. ;)

No
Get him done... just be prepared for the Im not going in the cat basket fight and wailing all the way to the vets!
Them the three days moping and not speaking to you when you get him home:lol:

Caramel does that everytime she goes for her annual injections! I swear she knows when its vet day as its very hard to track her down in the house that day or on a day where she has the vets and is quite nicely chilled, She'll all of a sudden refuse to settle anywhere just before we have to catch her to go in the box :lol:

Vistravi
29-Mar-10, 18:59
Like am i supposed to feel anxious about my cat going under the knife basically. I thought i made it pretty obvious what i was meaning. :confused Or are u just tryin to wind us up?

Anyhoo...yeah im sure he will be fine. He gets to stay in at night for a while, that will drive me and him insane cos he doesnt like it lol. But once its done then we are sorted :Razz

I think he just still seems so small to be getting it done but he is a teeeeeny tiny kitty to me still. Even though he takes up half the couch [lol]

He'll be fine. Just grumpy later lol.

ShelleyCowie
29-Mar-10, 19:35
och yeah im sure he will be fine. He hasnt been in a cat crate before so he doesnt know what to expect :lol:

And he can be grumpy at me all he likes. Will gimme a few days peace lol

Liz
29-Mar-10, 23:00
Shelley it would be a good idea to take the carrier out now so Brenon gets used to it and, hopefully, won't be so spooked when you go to put him in it.

Try feeding him some nice treats in it and his fave food and he will then associate it with good things. You could even put a comfy blanket in it so he could sleep in it if he wants.

ShelleyCowie
29-Mar-10, 23:22
Shelley it would be a good idea to take the carrier out now so Brenon gets used to it and, hopefully, won't be so spooked when you go to put him in it.

Try feeding him some nice treats in it and his fave food and he will then associate it with good things. You could even put a comfy blanket in it so he could sleep in it if he wants.

Good idea Liz!

We are borrowing the carrier from someone so will get it as soon as possible, get him used to it. I have a wee blanket for him already that Fintan has slept on aswell so he thinks of home and comfort.

As much as brenon and Fintan fight they love each other and have their lovely moments together lol

sweetpea
29-Mar-10, 23:44

Iv nearly had enough of him and Fintan fighting for dominance and enough is enough. Its about time he went to the "chop shop" :lol:

Am i supposed to feel anxious about this? Because i really dont at the moment if it might stop him and fintan fighting and spraying for dominance. :confused

Oh stop it Shelley! I have to take my wee buddy Gordon to get de-plummed soon and he's a bunny. Neutering does get rid of the bad behaviour but I'm worried cos some of his shenanigans are a direct result of his cheeky ways. Fingers crossed and lots of healing vibes for Brenon.

ShelleyCowie
30-Mar-10, 22:55
Oh stop it Shelley! I have to take my wee buddy Gordon to get de-plummed soon and he's a bunny. Neutering does get rid of the bad behaviour but I'm worried cos some of his shenanigans are a direct result of his cheeky ways. Fingers crossed and lots of healing vibes for Brenon.

All animals will have their own little cheeky ways that neutering wont get rid of, its just personality! :Razz

The only reason im doing it is to stop the fighting and constant spraying everywhere! And i havent yet seen Brenon spray but have caught Fintan numerous times over the last few days so it must be places Brenon has done it. And iv had enough! :mad: :~(

The fighting has gotten worse, to the point that my 18 month old has been caught inbetween. I cant have something like that with another wee one on the way.

Its not Athruns fault, he is just always in the wrong place at the wrong time. Brenon is the most patient kitty i have ever seen. Athrun can sit on him, pull his ears or even poke him in the eye and Brenon will still just sit there.

So i really hope this works soon!

Liz
30-Mar-10, 23:26
Don't worry.

Benjy was a nutter before he got neutered and he's still a nutter after being neutered!:lol:

Vistravi
31-Mar-10, 16:34
All animals will have their own little cheeky ways that neutering wont get rid of, its just personality! :Razz

The only reason im doing it is to stop the fighting and constant spraying everywhere! And i havent yet seen Brenon spray but have caught Fintan numerous times over the last few days so it must be places Brenon has done it. And iv had enough! :mad: :~(

The fighting has gotten worse, to the point that my 18 month old has been caught inbetween. I cant have something like that with another wee one on the way.

Its not Athruns fault, he is just always in the wrong place at the wrong time. Brenon is the most patient kitty i have ever seen. Athrun can sit on him, pull his ears or even poke him in the eye and Brenon will still just sit there.

So i really hope this works soon!

The smallest of my mum's cats is like Brennon in that sense. He will just sit there and take anything. I once tried to annoy him one day just to see if i could and I couldn't! Nothing bothered him. I think that cat is going to be tortured by the bairn when the bairn is old enough to pick on the cats lol.

ShelleyCowie
06-Apr-10, 23:22
Well tomorrow morning he is off. Got a mate picking me up to take him down so i dont have to carry him. Will also keep him in tonight aswell to make sure he doesnt hunt and eat, and also dont want him not to come back in the morning :lol: Cant be late for the vet!

He has no idea whats going on, he soon will when i get him in there tomorrow. Will be very quiet without him here tomorrow aswell...peace at last!

Well thats if he doesnt start meowing through the night, then i will go sedate him myself [lol]

Rictina
06-Apr-10, 23:56
Hope all goes well for your wee boy tomorrow Shelley, I'm sure he will be fine.

ShelleyCowie
07-Apr-10, 11:27
I kept him in last night and he wasnt best pleased. Dont think he quite knew why, then when he couldnt get food this morning he wasnt happy at that again. He must have known something was going on because he was trying to get out at every opportunity.

But he is at the vets and i hope he doesnt become too vicious :confused He can be nervous in places he doesnt know.

A days peace in my house tho! [lol]

Dadie
07-Apr-10, 14:03
You should get him back later on today!
He may be a bit groggy and peed off but keepp him in for a few days and he will soon be back to normal:lol:

ShelleyCowie
07-Apr-10, 14:41
You should get him back later on today!
He may be a bit groggy and peed off but keepp him in for a few days and he will soon be back to normal:lol:

Yeah i have to phone at about 3pm to find out when i can collect him. I will have a bed made up for him when he gets home. got the litter tray ready too! Lucky i kept that eh.

He really doesnt like staying in but he might appreciate it for the next few nights. :)

Liz
07-Apr-10, 15:26
Aw bless him! Though it will surprise you how quickly he recovers.:D

ShelleyCowie
07-Apr-10, 16:28
My wee guy is home. Got him about an hour ago. He is rather tender looking when walking, resembles a penguin. lol.

But he has had some water, think he was pretty thirsty actually. Not allowed alot of food but he doesnt seem to want it anyways.

He has been trying to walk about a wee bit this last 20 minutes, he has wee rest stops every 3 paces tho. Bless! He must be a wee bit dazed. :(

But at least he doesnt have to go out so i can keep an eye on him :Razz

Liz
07-Apr-10, 18:03
Poor wee Brenon.:( He will probably be 'drunk' for a good while yet but should be a lot better by tomorrow.

ShelleyCowie
07-Apr-10, 18:45
Poor wee Brenon.:( He will probably be 'drunk' for a good while yet but should be a lot better by tomorrow.

He is actually doing really well. He is sitting in the window-sill just now. Looks very sleepy but seems happy sitting in his usual spot.

He still isnt interested in food but that will surely come back to him tomorrow.

And he isnt even in a huff with me. :D Everytime i walk past he wants some reassurance, so just pet him gently and he is fine.

Liz
07-Apr-10, 19:41
Glad he is recovering well and has forgiven you.:D

Yes his appetite should be well and truly back by tomorrow.

_Ju_
07-Apr-10, 22:31

It has to make you wonder if the behaviour of the male human species would improve.............????????
Just thinking out loud! ;)

Kevin Milkins
08-Apr-10, 03:43
It has to make you wonder if the behaviour of the male human species would improve.............????????
Just thinking out loud! ;)

I subconsciously crossed my legs when I read that.:eek:

Hope Brendon is on the mend, Shelly.

ShelleyCowie
08-Apr-10, 08:55
Brenon seems to be a million times better today because he has made me go mentally insane already! :roll:

Him and Fintan are back to their fighting. Right outside my bedroom door at 7.45am actually. Grr!

And i made a wee oopsie this morning. I opened the window to let the litter tray smell out the kitchen (im just not used to it anymore) and the wee critter has escaped! :eek: He is just in the garden though. Dont want to chase him because he will jump the wall then. So as long as he is in the garden im sure he is ok.

When is it the fighting will stop?

Also spraying has resumed already! :~(

Dadie
08-Apr-10, 09:42
Never:lol:
Its like children
brothers and sisters.... one minute happy playing together the next minute knocking lumps out of each other!

ShelleyCowie
08-Apr-10, 10:47
Never:lol:
Its like children
brothers and sisters.... one minute happy playing together the next minute knocking lumps out of each other!

Gosh please tell me ur jokin :( Just canny handle all this fighting constantly. One o them is gonna get hurt soon!

Aaldtimer
08-Apr-10, 12:25
It might take a couple of weeks/months for the hormones that are already in his system to work through...patience me dear.;)