PDA

View Full Version : Being In Credit With The Hydro

Olin
29-Mar-10, 12:44
Just wondering if anyone can tell me this,

If I am in credit with the hydro electric due to paying more than I am using via direct debit am I entitled to get this money back?

I am sure I seen this on GMTV with the money saving expert guy but am not exactly sure what he said?

If I am not entitled to it back then technically they are acting as a bank I can't withdraw from...

Phill
29-Mar-10, 12:51
Speak to them!

They should be able to organise a refund, or alter your payments and then the overfunding can offset your next few payments.

Depending on your usage, as it may change with the seasons, you may overpay for some months and then underpay for others but a the end of the year it often balances out.

LMS
29-Mar-10, 12:55
The Hydro are excellent, they will amend the direct debit and process a refund if you phone them. They will sometimes do so automatically if the credit gets to a certain trigger level.

Olin
29-Mar-10, 12:55
Speak to them!

They should be able to organise a refund, or alter your payments and then the overfunding can offset your next few payments.

Depending on your usage, as it may change with the seasons, you may overpay for some months and then underpay for others but a the end of the year it often balances out.

Yeah my mother told me thats what happens! But i only started paying in November when I would be using it most and already I am 80 in credit with them!

Depending on the weather in Thurso though I may need the heating on full blast during summer! lmao

octane
29-Mar-10, 12:56
if the bill is based on an estimated reading then no you wont, best thing is to phone the hyrdro with a reading and then you will find out.

If you are due a refund then im sure you will get a cheque or you could choose to re-adjust your d/debits.

Phill
29-Mar-10, 13:02
Depending on the weather in Thurso though I may need the heating on full blast during summer! lmao

maybe it's an omen!! :eek:

If you've only just changed to the monthly thing and they have done it on estimated readings it can be a little wild at first.

Give 'em a call and tell them the actual reading and they'll get it sorted.

Dadie
29-Mar-10, 13:03
We got a refund paid straight into the bank account we use to pay for the leccie!

horseman
29-Mar-10, 16:03
Olin, just like the rest of us -you are being shafted by big gov. Lie back an enjoy, cos WE have no option.

Olin
29-Mar-10, 16:10
Olin, just like the rest of us -you are being shafted by big gov. Lie back an enjoy, cos WE have no option.

Calm down. Earlier on you told me that if I didn't like the forum rules then bog off now your telling me we have to do what the government say and complaining?

It's nothing to do with the government its the fact I am paying £40 a month direct debit and I have over paid and I am wondering if anyone has done this too so they can give me advice.

Kodiak
29-Mar-10, 16:28
Last year I was just over £200 in Credit with the Hydro. I phoned them and within 3 Days I was paid all the money. They were quick and friendly and they sorted it all out for me with no problems.

Give them a call I would say.

Olin
29-Mar-10, 16:29
Last year I was just over £200 in Credit with the Hydro. I phoned them and within 3 Days I was paid all the money. They were quick and friendly and they sorted it all out for me with no problems.

Give them a call I would say.

Thanks alot! Thats very reassuring to know! :)

Hoida
29-Mar-10, 18:37
yes our bill was in credit and has been paid into our bank account and monthly direct debit has been reduced. Hydro are very good to deal with

wicker8
29-Mar-10, 18:41
Olin, just like the rest of us -you are being shafted by big gov. Lie back an enjoy, cos WE have no option.well said horseman

poppett
29-Mar-10, 19:35
Phone them with an up to date meter reading, they will do the sums over the phone and either refund what you have overpaid, or reduce the direct debit until the credit is used up. The choice is yours. Money is paid into the bank account you pay the bill from and is usually done within three to five working days.