PDA

View Full Version : My baby is missing!

Vistravi
28-Mar-10, 18:00
My cat Caramel is missing. She is a housecat and has never been outside. She has not been seen since last night. We have looked everywhere in the house to no avail. This is completly unlike her as she has never shown any interest in being outside before.

She is creamy ginger, has gold/black eyes and has a white collar with gold pattern design on it. It is a bit too big for her and has a bit of the collar sticking out as it won't stay pinned in.

She anwers to her name and responds better to a female voice. She is very wary of strangers and will not go to someone she does not know. She will be hungry as she has had nothing to eat since last night.

She went missing from ormile drive in thurso.

If found please phone 07951029072 asap. Two very worried owners await news.

Roisin
28-Mar-10, 18:15
aww shes really pretty, thats a shame is ormile drive in wick or thurso? i live in wick. If you are in wick i shall deffo keep my eye's open for her.

Hope you get her home soon

Vistravi
28-Mar-10, 18:20
Sorry have just amended my other post.

Thank you, i really hope she comes back to us soon or finds someone that has seen this and my other posters around town.

Roisin
28-Mar-10, 18:45
Well i shall get my family in thurso to keep an eye out for you :D

KCI
28-Mar-10, 19:14
I can understand how worried you are. My cat is a housecat as well, and has never been outside. I would be out of my mind with worry. He's gone missing in the house a few times, and took me hours to find him, and that was bad enough.

Did something scare her to make her run outside?
With any luck, she hasn't gone far, and will turn up when you least expect her.

I really hope she comes home. Will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Liz
28-Mar-10, 19:33
I am so very sorry about Caramel and know how worried you must be!:(

I am pretty sure she won't have gone far as, since she is not used to being out, she will probably just have bolted for cover.

One of my housecats, Tiggy, got out once and it was as if he vanished into thin air! Then we spotted him at night sitting on my next door neighbour's coal bunker!The little brat wouldn't come to us though and when we looked next day he wasn't there.
He kept appearing at night time when it was darker and quiet so we got a cat trap and put it in the garden and got him that way.
So would be worth asking for one to try this?

Really hope you find him soon.

Jenni
28-Mar-10, 22:20
Really hope you find your cat as I had a similar experience and know how devastated I was. I live in Pennyland area and my cat followed my son all the way to Springpark. (My son thought it amusing at the time but I could have throttled him for being so stupid) My cat was missing for 2 days but after a lot of searching I found the bold boy wandering about quite unconcerned. I was delighted to get him home.
Hopefully your furry friend will turn up safe and well just like mine did.

Aaldtimer
29-Mar-10, 03:02
Erm, Vistravi, I don't suppose the possibilty of your missing moggie might be due to her having a litter?
Cats tend to disappear to do their own thing when that situation arises.:confused

Dadie
29-Mar-10, 09:51
Hope she comes home soon... and safe!

teenybash
29-Mar-10, 10:27
Hope Caramel comes home soon safe and well.......she is probably closer than you think and rattling the tin opener on a tin or shaking the cat food packet might help lure her out if her hidey hoe.....keep us posted.

Vistravi
29-Mar-10, 15:06
Erm, Vistravi, I don't suppose the possibilty of your missing moggie might be due to her having a litter?
Cats tend to disappear to do their own thing when that situation arises.:confused

Wasn't a chance of that Aaldtimer as she has been dressed. My partner argues that i should never have gotten her dressed due to her colour but i didn't want her feeling stressed and changing after seeign what having a litter of kittens did to my older brother's very easy going cat. Also i didn't want to be responsible for any abandoned cats after having wee kittens rehomed. Caramel was a very scared and almost feral cat when i got her as a kitten but now is a very affectionate cat to us but wary of people she does not know. It was for her own wellbeing that i got her dressed due to the way she was at the time.

I do think that if she wasn't dressed i'd be thinking that though.

Vistravi
29-Mar-10, 15:14
Thank you for your well wishes on Caramel's safe return. She appeared at our bedroom window last night around 2 am. :D I had gone to bed worrying about her so i was very happy to go to the window and see her scratching at it to get in last night. :)

We went looking around the street last night before we went to bed calling for her and we heard a noise that sounded like her so i think she was on her way home last night and it was her we heard but could not find or see.

She has missed us a great deal as she is very affectionate today. But i have now ordered her a tag with my number on it just in case she goes wandering again through an unguarded escape route. Her wandering and coming back again has showed me that she now wants to be outside but she will have to wait a few weeks untill things are settled. Once things are settled i'll be letting her go out as she pleases as i know she'll come back to me if i do it in a way that eases her into it and i get to know where about it is she goes too. I also think that being outside will help her have a bit of space as well when the baby is born and gets older.

Dadie
29-Mar-10, 15:21
There will be more chances of escape when the baby comes.
Prams are not the easiest things to get in and out without the cat going out too!

Vistravi
29-Mar-10, 15:46
There will be more chances of escape when the baby comes.
Prams are not the easiest things to get in and out without the cat going out too!

We have a three wheeler buggy for our bairn as it was what i wanted and the model we bought can be used from birth. I had it out cleaning the inside and the frame as it is a second hand buggy and Caramel is scared of it lol. She liked to sit under it when it was just the shell of the frame but as soon as i put everything back on after a wash in the washing machine she wouldn't go near it :lol:

But by the time baby is here everything just now will hopefully be settled and sorted out and she'll be going out when she wants so it won't matter too much if she escapes out at the same time ;)

Liz
29-Mar-10, 17:46
That is great news!

You did the right thing in getting Caramel dressed as it can be quite distressing for females when they come into season. Also, you'd have all the unspayed Toms landing up at your place!:lol:
Also, it can help prevent a few health problems.

teenybash
29-Mar-10, 22:34
Glad Caramel has returned from her wee adventure.....:)