PDA

View Full Version : Spring & Autumn time change

Seagull
28-Mar-10, 16:28
There is talk of not changing the clocks when it comes to the Autumn. What do you think is best way of changing them to get the most light throughout the country?:cool:

Mr Z
28-Mar-10, 17:51
Change the clocks all you want but we still have the same number of hours of daylight!!

kmahon2001
28-Mar-10, 18:50
We should stick to GMT. Never mind all this British Summer Time rubbish. I do feel that we should keep the same time all year round and stop all this changing the clocks - total waste of time but the trouble is, those that are campaigning for not changing the clocks want us to stay permanently on BST, which means that up here we won't have any daylight until about 10am in the winter. :~(

I have heard that the 3 main political parties are all for us adopting Central European Time - this still means we'd be changing the clocks in the Spring and Autumn, but that we'd be an hour ahead of British time all year round and again that means no daylight till 10am in the winter.

RIR
28-Mar-10, 19:56
We should stick to GMT.

As above.

Ian.

DeHaviLand
28-Mar-10, 20:04
No matter what your clock says, you get the exact same number of daylight hours. Why not just get out of bed earlier, or later, depending on the season? Far too simple a concept for our politicians to understand :roll:

Kevin Milkins
28-Mar-10, 20:04
I have just got back from Riess beech with Casper and it was very invigorating and fresh.:D

It will be nice to finish work during the week, have my dinner and still have plenty of daylight to enjoy an evening walk.:Razz

Phill
28-Mar-10, 21:46
I think in the 24 hour world we live in these days it doesn't make much difference.

Stick to zulu time, far easier.

ducati
28-Mar-10, 22:50
I think in the 24 hour world we live in these days it doesn't make much difference.

Stick to zulu time, far easier.

Time is an outmoded concept man :cool: