PDA

View Full Version : The Horse Boy

jings00
28-Mar-10, 12:10
The Horse Boy
It's about a father whose son was diagnosed with Autism and he feared he would never be able to communicate with his child. He took his son to Mongolia where horses and shamanic healing intersected. The film is the story of that journey. More information is in the "What's On" section - 15th April and 6th May.

Thurso tickets are available also from Health and Beauty, Sir John's Square
and in Wick they are available from Tylers Trust shop , Back Bridge Street

Raising funds and awareness for Autism

cheers :-)

Stavro
28-Mar-10, 14:45
Pretty incredible really, but I do believe that his connection with the horses opened up a door to his inner self. Horses are very intuitive animals.

skinnydog
28-Mar-10, 19:44
I have seen this programme and it is really very good, well worth seeing.

jings00
28-Mar-10, 22:45
I'm in the middle of reading the book but will be attending the showing as well.

topotheuk
29-Mar-10, 15:37
Some people think horses are just for toffs, but when you really get to know horses and how they work, they are the most fascinating of animals, they bring out feelings and emotions that some people never knew they had. They have been used for many a year to help heal, and give meaning of life to those less fortunate. I couldn't imagine my life without horses in it.

Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy or beauty without vanity? Here, where grace is laced with muscle, and strength by gentleness confined.

He serves without servility; he has fought without enmity. There is nothing so powerful, nothing less violent, there is nothing so quick, nothing more patient.

England’s past has been borne on his back. All our history is his industry; we are his heirs, he our inheritance.

The Horse!

Dearest Creator in Heaven,
Give me strength to guide my horse.
Let my hands soft and my head clear.
Let my horse understand me and I him.
My heart you have blessed with a special love for these animals.
I will never loose sight of it.
My soul you have gifted with a deep appreciation for them.
That will never lessen, only continue to grow.
Always let my heart lighten as the sun gently touches them.
Always may my soul smile at the sound of a gentle nicker.
Let the scent of fresh hay and a new bag of grain be sweet to me.
Let the touch of a warm nose on my hand always bring a smile.
I adore the joy of a warm day on the farm,
The grace and splendor of a running horse,
The thunder of it's hooves makes my eyes burn and my heart soar.
Let it always be so.
Dearest Creator grant me patience,
For horses are harnessed wind, and wind can be flighty.
Let me not frighten or harm them.
Instead show me natural ways to understand them.
Above all, dear Creator, fill my life with them.
When I pass from this world,
Send my soul to no heaven without them.
For this love you have given me graces my existence,
And I shall cherish it and praise You for it for all time.

jings00
30-Mar-10, 14:31
Aye animals have a lot going for them eh

Amy-Winehouse
30-Mar-10, 15:39
I watched the documentry about it was very interesting i will be attending the showing im quite curious to find out more :)

cuddlepop
30-Mar-10, 15:55
Any chance of it coming over to Skye or Lochalsh?i'm sure they'd raise funds from admissions here too.

Read a press release and it was really interesting,Kids with additional needs tend to have their sixth sense switched on I think.:D

jings00
31-Mar-10, 11:08
It is showing at Eden Court in Inverness 10th April I think.....but I could ask and find out if there are plans on it being shown over your way.

cuddlepop
31-Mar-10, 16:06
It is showing at Eden Court in Inverness 10th April I think.....but I could ask and find out if there are plans on it being shown over your way.

That would be kind thank you.:D

jings00
31-Mar-10, 16:26
hiya,,, have sent you a pm Cuddlepop :-)

jings00
08-Apr-10, 14:08
I have read the book and it is a good read, hope no one minds me bumping this up again...John Thurso will be opening the Thurso screening on the 15th April all going well. Please come and help raise funds for Autism.
Thank you.

jings00
08-Apr-10, 16:49
Any danger of making this sticky, for a week?? Please?
Thanks