PDA

View Full Version : Wedding Show / Fayre

cmc08
27-Mar-10, 14:28
Moved to caithness recently and noticed there is a wedding show in the Portland Arms Hotel, Lybster. Can anyone tell me what this hotel is like for a wedding?

cuthill
27-Mar-10, 14:36
My daughter got married at the portlands last year and I must say I was really impressed. the staff were great nothing was a bother to them and the free overnight room that my daughter and son in law got was beautiful. The food was excellent and the room was set out just the way my daughter wanted it. We thought it was well worth the money!

Lilly
27-Mar-10, 16:37
Hi, Does anyone know if the Portland Arms Wedding Fayre is still on tomorrow? Havnt seen it advertised anywhere.
Thanks

Lindsay
27-Mar-10, 17:17
My name is Lindsay and I am the Wedding Co-ordinator at the hotel in question and yes we are still having our wedding fayre tomorrow, it is between 12 noon and 4pm and there was a full page advert in the Press & Journal. We have had numerous phone calls about the ad so it should be a good day out for all those planning to say "I do"

Maximo
27-Mar-10, 17:26
Simply Bliss Bridal, Wick, are exhibiting at the Portland Arms Wedding Fayre tomorrow - think it will be a Fantastic Day! Look forward to seeing all you Brides to Be there!

Lindsay
27-Mar-10, 18:03
sorry just answered another thread on here about the fayre. The fayre is on tomorrow (Sunday) between 12 noon and 4pm. 20 exhibitors and various different free services on offer. Portland Arms takes great pleasure in being part of your big day and we pride ourselves in the services that we offer. Thank you to the above orgers for their kind comments!

Hope to see you all there tomorrow even if it is just for a wee nosey!!

cjb
27-Mar-10, 22:49
If you have not yet decided what kind of wedding ceremony may be right for you, come along and have a chat and find out more about what our non-religious ceremonies can offer :D

Lilly
27-Mar-10, 23:22
Thank you for your replys - sorry i only but the local papers, thought there might have been a bit on the whats on section on caithness.org

LMS
28-Mar-10, 11:23
My name is Lindsay and I am the Wedding Co-ordinator at the hotel in question and yes we are still having our wedding fayre tomorrow, it is between 12 noon and 4pm and there was a full page advert in the Press & Journal. We have had numerous phone calls about the ad so it should be a good day out for all those planning to say "I do"

An ad in the local papers, Caithness Courier and John O'Groat Journal, would have attracted far more people from Caithness. Most residents read the local rags but not many read the P&J. Anyway, hope you get a good turnout and good luck for the event.

smee
28-Mar-10, 16:47
Have seen more people turn up to a fight in Lybster on a Saturday night, this event should have been advertised in the local paper. What a rip off for the exibitors paying all that money for a handfull of punters.

JoSu
28-Mar-10, 21:24
Was thoroughly dissappointed with the wedding fayre this year, don't know if it was down to lack of local advertising or the fact that most folk slept in considering the clocks had changed but certainly not as busy as normal!!

I'm sure there are alot of weddings this year??

gemma89
29-Mar-10, 11:23
Must say I was extremely dissapionted in the Wedding Fayre yesterday!
Was not a lot of tables there and felt so sorry for the people who were there paying money for a table with only a handful of people in the hall.

I only found out about the Fayre through a post on the Org, wasnt very well advertised.. Such a shame as it really is a time to show everyone what is available in Caithness

Lindsay
29-Mar-10, 12:28
All of the brides that we have within the hotel for this year and next were contacted to let them know about the fayre. I contacted people who showed interest in having a wedding with us and those who only requested a brochure. One of the exhibitors did advertise that she would be at the wedding fayre in the hotel in the local paper, others could maybe have done the same? There were also 20 exhibitors who were there so I don`t think there was a lack of tables. In response to Smee there is no point in shooting me down as I cannot be held accountable for the lack of people who turned up, the boss advertised where he saw fit. I spoke to some of the exhibitors who walked away with bookings so its seems like a very mixed bag of comments.

smee
29-Mar-10, 21:40
All of the brides that we have within the hotel for this year and next were contacted to let them know about the fayre. I contacted people who showed interest in having a wedding with us and those who only requested a brochure. One of the exhibitors did advertise that she would be at the wedding fayre in the hotel in the local paper, others could maybe have done the same? There were also 20 exhibitors who were there so I don`t think there was a lack of tables. In response to Smee there is no point in shooting me down as I cannot be held accountable for the lack of people who turned up, the boss advertised where he saw fit. I spoke to some of the exhibitors who walked away with bookings so its seems like a very mixed bag of comments.

"Others could maybe have done the same" for the £50 per table your boss charged he could have put an add in the paper (thats if he hasn't fallen out with them) he could also have supplied better than a bowl of soup and a sandwich (others years it was a two course meal for two) an easy grand made with no regard for the exibitors tell him good luck with his hotel from smee.