PDA

View Full Version : Dog Kennels

lochan
23-May-06, 16:06
Hi, can anyone recommend a good dog kennels in the area to put our dog in whilst on holiday?
cheers Lochan.

BRIE
23-May-06, 16:10
if you go into search & put kennels it will come up with previous threads of recommended kennels. hope this helps

Venture
23-May-06, 18:44
I posted on here a while back when I was looking for boarding kennels and was recommended Ramscraigs at Dunbeath. Every report I have had about them has been excellent. I have now booked my dogs in there for July. In fact my husband went only today to see what it was like and I have to say he was VERY impressed with the place, the conditions and the owners. You'll find them in the phone book but I would be quick as they are very popular. Whatever you do dont put your dogs to any other local kennels as they are not to be recommended.

Liz
23-May-06, 19:20
Agree with Venture.

Ramscraig is definitely the best place to put your dog.

Your can enjoy your holiday knowing that Graham and staff will look after him/her really well.

Ann
23-May-06, 20:31
:) I wholeheartedly recommend Ramscraigs. My dog stayed there for three weeks in the autumn last year and was in doggie heaven!

I know because my daughter paid him a surprise visit and while he did bother to greet her, he was quick in going back in to get on with his fun!

She felt rejected! :(

unicorn
23-May-06, 20:38
Do they also take cats?

taylor.4
23-May-06, 20:38
i recomend ramscraigs kennels my dog loved it. kennels lovely and clean and warm and looked after very well, wouldnt advise anywhere else, have used locally but wasnt impressed at all nor was my dog.

Bingobabe
23-May-06, 21:09
My dog goes to ramscraigs every month to get her cut and blow dry lol. Excellent job they make of her paula is very nice and if i went away i wouldnt put her anywhere else but ramscraigs.

JAWS
23-May-06, 21:46
My dog goes to ramscraigs every month to get her cut and blow dry lol. Excellent job they make of her paula is very nice and if i went away i wouldnt put her anywhere else but ramscraigs.
Me too, Bingobabe, I inherited a Maltese Terror, if he were a show dog his coat would have to be as long as Dougal's on the Magic Roundabout.
Walking him over rough ground means that's not really practical and sorting him out afterwards would be a nightmare for me and complaints of cruel torture form him. He barely tolerates a little tidy up off me before there's a bid for freedom.
I take him to Paula at Ramscraigs and as soon as I get near he gets excited and can't wait to get in there. I certainly would have no hesitation leaving him there, in fact, he sometimes gives me the impression that he wishes I would, the ungrateful little devil!

Ann
23-May-06, 22:11
Boarding Kennel / Cattery Name: Ramscraig K9 Services (http://forum.caithness.org/)

Address: Ramscraigs, Dunbeath, KW6 6EY.
Telephone: 01593 731305

Bingobabe
23-May-06, 23:59
Boarding Kennel / Cattery Name: Ramscraig K9 Services (http://forum.caithness.org/)

Address: Ramscraigs, Dunbeath, KW6 6EY.
Telephone: 01593 731305

Clicked on your link nothing happened?

Ann
24-May-06, 07:06
Oh dear I see what you mean; the same thing has happened to me but at least the telephone number is there as is the address.

Haven't time just now but I will see if I can find another link to the site.
Cheers, Ann

Ann
24-May-06, 07:11
Nope, none of the links work, don't know why but I shall ring them later today. Meanwhile if any one wants to book them, just telephone.
They do come highly recommended as you can see. I would have no hesitation putting my dog there again.