PDA

View Full Version : top tip to restore carpet pile!

dragonfly
26-Mar-10, 17:54
I have just moved some furniture in my living room around and was left with indents in my carpet where it had been moved from! not being the type of person who can wait I wanted an immediate fix..........and I found it!!

some of the pile had been really flattened by about 50mm-100mm and all it needed to get it back to the same as the rest of the carpet was some steam from my cheapy lidl handheld steam cleaner with the glass/tile attachment and the terry towelling cloth it came with

good as new!

now I can plan to move the whole room around ;)

Bobinovich
26-Mar-10, 18:00
...flattened by about 50mm-100mm ...

That is some carpet pile 2" - 4" :D

dragonfly
26-Mar-10, 18:04
mmmm, maybe not that then!!! I like inches :lol: it still got it up tho

oooh double entrende there I think! :lol:

kwbrown111
26-Mar-10, 18:46
use ice cubes and that should raise the pile

dragonfly
26-Mar-10, 18:50
aye but wanted it there and then, ice cubes take too long, steamer took only a couple of minutes literally

im behind you
26-Mar-10, 21:23
my wife has got carpet pile after this afternoon ha-ha.
no no sorry carpet burn.

Dadie
26-Mar-10, 22:08
yes!
I am all for the carpet steamer.
It is brill at lifting carpet pile and it will give it a clean at the same time!
Mine seems to be in constant use!

Boozeburglar
26-Mar-10, 23:10
The great thing is you can do your rice for dinner while you are at it, just scatter and steam.

ducati
26-Mar-10, 23:23
The great thing is you can do your rice for dinner while you are at it, just scatter and steam.

Particularly useful after weddings, when you can make a handy pud for a snack later on :)

Boozeburglar
27-Mar-10, 00:23
My experience of things like steamers is that you buy it, then start thinking of all the things you can do with it. Even if it takes longer than the other ways you used to do them.

Bit like PCs.

Kevin Milkins
27-Mar-10, 06:42
use ice cubes and that should raise the pile

I have heard that ice cubes work well on piles.:eek::lol:

upolian
27-Mar-10, 09:24
I have heard that ice cubes work well on piles.:eek::lol:

hahahahaha

octane
27-Mar-10, 15:30
mmmm, maybe not that then!!! I like inches :lol: it still got it up tho

oooh double entrende there I think! :lol:

somehow i find this post rather informative, bit too personal for all to see but if thats your scene then each to there own. :rolleyes: