PDA

View Full Version : Rare Albums

Invisible
25-Mar-10, 23:57
Is(are) there a(ny) Music Album(s) you have or indeed record(s) that you would be sure in saying no-one else in Caithness will have.

School of Language - Sea from Shore
Whiskey Falls - Whiskey Falls

I may go as far and say
Davy Knowles - Coming up for Air
Nick Keir - Fishing Up the moon,
Rumours of snow
All over this town.
SR-71 - Now You See Inside
Tomorrow

Metalattakk
26-Mar-10, 00:41
Yep, I've got a couple I reckon.

Chaotic Dischord's brilliantly titled 5th album (you'll have to guess the title, as it couldn't possibly be posted here ;)). It's on the 'Not Very Nice' record label. And it's not. :D

'Life After Death' were a band that formed briefly out of the remnants of Armored Saint. I have their only album released so far. It's fantastic. And virtually nobody knows about it.

Douglas Cowie
26-Mar-10, 10:58
[quote=Invisible;681455]Is(are) there a(ny) Music Album(s) you have or indeed record(s) that you would be sure in saying no-one else in Caithness will have.

I may go as far and say
Davy Knowles - Coming up for Air

Sorry Invisible but I have this album and Roll Away from 2007, both great albums I have to say.

If you like Davy Knowles you may want to try:
David Grissom, 10,000 Feet
Gov't Mule, By a Thread
Aynsley Lister, Eqilibrium
Matt Schofield, Heads Tails & Aces
Simon McBride, Rich Man Falling
Oli Brown, Open Road
Monte Montgomery, Monte Montgomery,

Olin
26-Mar-10, 12:19
Although they are probably easy to get I would probably think that in Thurso at least I am the only person to own 1 of the 1000 "Sorry Your Not A Winner" White Vinyls released by Enter Shikari as well as Reubens "Keep It To Yourself" Yellow Vinyl also limited to 1000.

If I am wrong then please correct me! lol

loganbiffy
26-Mar-10, 13:29
Hmm, I will have a host of albums on my PC that not a lot of people will have heard of and a strong possibility that no one in Caithness will have.

Shiner - Lula Divinia.
Big Black - Songs about Effing.
Chavez - Gone Glimmering.
Thurston Moore - Psychic Hearts

Just a few I can think of at the moment.

demac-artist
26-Mar-10, 14:24
Yes I have over a 1000 LPs and one which really stands out is the recording live on stage of Jim Hendrix in Germany.

:)

Boozeburglar
27-Mar-10, 00:06
Crikey.

I have a signed Yardbirds album, signed Roy Harper albums, signed Groundhogs albums, Taj Mahal albums, lots of stuff I doubt are replicated too often whether in Caithness or not.

I have all the original Captain Beefheart albums, and almost a complete Zappa collection.

I love my vinyl, you cannot feel music interacting physically with the environment in other playback formats.

buddyrich
27-Mar-10, 00:18
Mr Bungle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boozeburglar
27-Mar-10, 00:35
Bungling idiots.

My most treasured album is the one with Buddyrich pictured driving a crapped up old 4x4 in a quarry on the forest tracks.

Filmed even!

;)

buddyrich
28-Mar-10, 12:52
James Marshall Turturro!

chiel
28-Mar-10, 15:35
subhumans ..time flies but airoplanes crash.....just brilliant

fender
28-Mar-10, 18:21
Boozeburglar - Agree 100% with the vinyl sound cannot be bettered. CD to my ear is too one dimensional with no body if that makes sense.

BillyEspie
30-Mar-10, 03:50
Hey i have hundreds and hundreds of old old lp's mainly pipebands and most of them tha i have are rare, like Campbeltown pipeband playing mull of kintyre with out paul mccartney and also have i think the whole collection of the red hackle pipes and drums now the most recent lp i bought in a charity shop is The Pipes and Drums of British Caledonian airways which is a very raer lp to find also got triumph street pipeband and hundreds more pipeband lp's,

as for cd's well i get my pipeband cd's and have over 25 diferent piping cd's some live and some ordinary so these cd's and lp's are very rare to find in such excellent condition