PDA

View Full Version : occupation

Ajax
25-Mar-10, 19:56
hi orgers are you fed up with your ocupation if you had your chance again what would you do

upolian
25-Mar-10, 19:58
I got fed up and now do what i enjoy best.

What about yourself?

Ajax
25-Mar-10, 20:02
I got fed up and now do what i enjoy best.

What about yourself? hi still stuck in the same job would love to own a funky clothes shop lol

upolian
25-Mar-10, 20:05
hi still stuck in the same job would love to own a funky clothes shop lol

go for it;) just dont do an ethel austin lol

The Drunken Duck
25-Mar-10, 20:10
Formula One Driver.

Fast cars, lots of cash, travel the world, loads of women.

That will do for me.

young_fishin_neep
25-Mar-10, 20:11
hi orgers are you fed up with your ocupation if you had your chance again what would you do

i started a new job about a month ago now, something a bit different to most jobs and not one you would expect a lassie to do, but i am totaly enjoying it. only one downside and thats the way i smell when i get home lol

xx

golach
25-Mar-10, 20:12
I am an apprentice Senior Citizen........what have I got to look forward to? Death!!!!!!!![disgust]

ShelleyCowie
25-Mar-10, 20:14
I am an apprentice Senior Citizen........what have I got to look forward to? Death!!!!!!!![disgust]

Meeting me ;) Im sure it will happen one day lol

golach
25-Mar-10, 20:15
Meeting me ;) Im sure it will happen one day lol
Maybe sooner than you think Shelley :eek:

wicker8
25-Mar-10, 20:15
go for it;) just dont do an ethel austin lol hi a chance would be a fine thing i love you courage and no i would prefer quality clothes lol

wicker8
25-Mar-10, 20:17
Formula One Driver.

That will do for me. defintely my kind of guy

joxville
25-Mar-10, 20:32
A gigolo. :)

ShelleyCowie
25-Mar-10, 20:38
Maybe sooner than you think Shelley :eek:

Aw are you coming to stay at Bobs in the "lodge" aswell as Jox?! [lol]

I believe they might be upgrading to telescopes soon instead of binoculars! ;)

Commore
25-Mar-10, 20:41

Some peace & quiet, some quality of life?:D

upolian
25-Mar-10, 20:44
Ideal job is British touring car's/formula 1/rallying/superbikes:Razz

Phill
25-Mar-10, 20:59
Formula One Driver.

Yeah that's all OK but, you'll need to be sure of being in the top end of drivers to be successful. If your not winning, you won't earn as much and therefore lose your attractiveness to the Ladies.

I'll go for banking executive, 'cos if I'm successful I'd get a huge bonus. When I screw it up I'd get a huge payoff and a massive pension.
Win win and I'd always have plenty of cash to maintain the female attraction :cool:

Not that I'm shallow.

Jeid
25-Mar-10, 21:13
My job has it's moments. I spend a lot of my day driving which is tiring.

Ideally, I'd work in music somehow, production would be great. Gotta start at the bottom though eh?

Invisible
25-Mar-10, 22:26
Dear Jim can you fix it for me to be a Rockstar

mrlennie
26-Mar-10, 00:39
My occupation is plumbing for now and any other trades i can get my hands on although i would like to go into a bit of building at some point so i would be able to build a house. Dont know if theres a point to it though?

I would like to fly a fighter jet just without the killings (and fuel costs) :Razz:cool:

northener
26-Mar-10, 09:09
Archaeologist.

ducati
26-Mar-10, 09:19
Archaeologist.

Ahh! can I refer you to my gardening thread?

I'm semi retired. Trouble is, I can't remember what I used to do full time :confused

Kevin Milkins
26-Mar-10, 10:03
Shop boy.:Razz

Sage
26-Mar-10, 10:07
Well...wanted to be an archaeologist or go to art school, ended up being a librarian and now a genealogical researcher and indexer.

If I had my time again I'd get off my backside & go to Art School. I still would if there was one near & I didnt have other commitments.

Ah the beauty of hindsight :lol:

Ricco
27-Mar-10, 09:13
I would have been a forensic scientist. When I graduated there wasn't anything that either appealed (there were some) or that I had experience of to get a place - always wanted to work for the Locust Research Centre. Now that forensic science has coem to the for instead of being hidden in the background it would be my first choice. Bit of a Grissom I suppose.

ShelleyCowie
27-Mar-10, 11:11
When i grow up i want to be.......everything! I did want to join the army but my medical history wouldnt allow that.

If i could go back now i would be a midwife or social worker. I know im still young enough to do it now but it costs a bomb til get qualifications!

kmahon2001
27-Mar-10, 11:38
May sound boring but I would love to have a real traditional greengrocers shop selling seasonal fruit and veg. Trouble is there's just no market for that up here because everyone goes to Tescos, Somerfields/Co-op etc and gets anything they want, whether in season or not.

Second best choice would be a bookshop or maybe a petshop.

_Ju_
27-Mar-10, 20:47
I would have become a dentist, worked 2 days a week untill I was sick and tired of it and then retired to a goodlife! ;)

mrlennie
27-Mar-10, 23:10
I would have struggled with the bad breath...Can get pretty bad that stuff...

Bobbyian
28-Mar-10, 17:44
I have enjoyed what I have done in the past and will soon be an apprentice senior citizen but by the Golach you would have past your test and then be a senior senior citizen :) the only thing I might have changed would have been to return to Caithness or Sutherland, but possibly for my apprenticeship..

ŠAmethyst
28-Mar-10, 23:57
Wish I could design and make jewellery for a living... but for now, the current job pays the rent.

Olin
29-Mar-10, 10:16
My job has it's moments. I spend a lot of my day driving which is tiring.

Ideally, I'd work in music somehow, production would be great. Gotta start at the bottom though eh?

After hearing some of your work in music production I say your well higher than the bottom James (Y)

My ideal job would be something to do with Graphics and Websites. I like my job I have though which is a draughtsman as I still get involved with design a lot!

davie
29-Mar-10, 10:32
I would be a Politician.
Starting with an apprenticeship as a Cooncillor with wee expenses and then progress to Westminster/Holyrood where there is money galore plus all the free food/drink/trips abroad/bad wimmin(sorry men also if one is that way inclined) one could ever wish for.

Thumper
29-Mar-10, 10:32
I am lucky enough to be doing my "dream job" although unpaid! I work with seals everyday-what could be more rewarding that that! x

joxville
29-Mar-10, 15:05
I am lucky enough to be doing my "dream job" although unpaid! I work with seals everyday-what could be more rewarding that that! x

Being paid for it perhaps? :)

only me
29-Mar-10, 18:28
oh it has to be a laptop dancer

overthewallandfaraway
29-Mar-10, 18:31
A Dounreay worker! minimum input required