PDA

View Full Version : Easter hols

mumof2
25-Mar-10, 12:23
well the schools have decided it's holiday time again so i was just wondering what everyone has got planned to keep the little horrors amused? i'm thinking lots of long walks at forest and beach, some visiting at my parents ( they just got a springer pup) and then to Watten possibly to visit sisters who between them have ponies and babies and other small people. Also planned a weekend in inverness and an easter egg hunt. Still think they'll drive me bonkers inbetween activities though.

Kathy@watten
25-Mar-10, 14:29
Arghhhh the dreaded hols again...well I will be at home, lambing, calving (well not me really personally) and entertaining kids, riding the ponies and sounds like we will be getting some visitors too.....the more the merrier and possibly there will be "little darlings" to bottle feed! The Easter ducklings due to hatch on the 8th so that will be nice to look forward to, Fingers crossed for good weather so we can get the kids turned out each day!

unbridled
25-Mar-10, 16:26
What about taking them pony trekking! We do trekking here at Highlands Unbridled in Brora and there is the stables at Bettyhill too.... just a thought!
(Never miss a plug!)

brandy
25-Mar-10, 16:42
hey be careful what you say with the more the merrier! may get more than you bargained for.. starts loading the kids up

mumof2
25-Mar-10, 17:07
Amy will be delighted if there are lambies and double delighted with little ducklings, yay that's at least one day sorted. think we might have our egg hunt out your way aswell. OH has long weekend off work easter weekend which means i might get a lie in on the friday, i must stress the word might.

Ash87
25-Mar-10, 21:51
Got a note round the schools today about free swimming in Thurso for school kids between 10am - 12 midday on certain days of the holidays?? Starting on Monday :) It's not every day though so you'd probs need to phone the pool for more details... :)

fotcom
25-Mar-10, 22:19
The Castle of Mey are having an Easter Fun Day on the Sunday,Egg hunt,Easter Bonnet competition etc.Was there last year it was great day out for kids and adults.

neepnipper
25-Mar-10, 22:21
Pets at Home have got workshops for kids going on during the easter holidays, they get to meet the animals and be shown how to look after them, see posters or ask in store for details.