PDA

View Full Version : Capital of Scotland

piratelassie
23-Mar-10, 23:41
Travelling south on Friday 5th March by car, it was announced on Radio scotland that Caithness was the pothole capital of Scotland...I would agree....just got my bill from the garage £450.. That South road going out of Wick must win the prize for most damage to cars...:(

S&LHEN
23-Mar-10, 23:45
I think who ever said that should take a trip to Broadford On Skye think that would win hands down, They are more like bottomless pits than potholes:eek::lol:

Gronnuck
23-Mar-10, 23:54
:eek: Highland Council will tell you that these are 21st century traffic calming measures - inverted speed cushions. ;)

Boozeburglar
23-Mar-10, 23:57
He he, you should try riding/driving over some volcanoes in Asia . . . sometimes the road just is not there any more, and you have no warning at all.

joxville
24-Mar-10, 00:02
Potholes, don't you just love them? I do, they keep me in work. :D

Kenn
24-Mar-10, 01:38
They're not potholes, they are the diggings of the tarmac moles.

northener
24-Mar-10, 08:25
Whoever said that about Caithness hasn't travelled much.

If you speak to any bikers touring the area from England, they'll all tell you that the roads up here are far better quality wise than anything down Sooth.

OK, we've got lots of Tarmac Moles* at the moment because of the bad winter...but that's no different to the rest of Britain. Can't do anything about the weather.

* Nice one, lizz:Razz

Cattach
24-Mar-10, 14:06
Travelling south on Friday 5th March by car, it was announced on Radio scotland that Caithness was the pothole capital of Scotland...I would agree....just got my bill from the garage £450.. That South road going out of Wick must win the prize for most damage to cars...:(

Been the length of the country and can tell you there are far, far worse places than Caithness for potholes.

Gronnuck
24-Mar-10, 15:51
Come on all you Weekers the main road into your town is a disgrace. :roll: It’s time you sorted out South Road and Francis Street. Tell your Councillors and MSPs you want something done! Tell Highland Council you’re not going to pay your council tax! Organise a ‘sit-in’ and let everyone block the road for a few hours a day for a week! [evil]

The holiday season is about to be upon us and the vast majority of your visitors are going to arrive using these streets and what sort of impression are they going to get?

I know that Wick is not the back end of nowhere, I know its home to lots of nice people – well a few anyway. But oh-puleeeeeeeeeaase get something done about your main road.

piratelassie
24-Mar-10, 22:41
Potholes, don't you just love them? I do, they keep me in work. :D
Well joxville maybe its you thats creating all these potholes, and not the tarmac mole ? :confused

piratelassie
24-Mar-10, 22:45
Come on all you Weekers the main road into your town is a disgrace. :roll: It’s time you sorted out South Road and Francis Street. Tell your Councillors and MSPs you want something done! Tell Highland Council you’re not going to pay your council tax! Organise a ‘sit-in’ and let everyone block the road for a few hours a day for a week! [evil]

The holiday season is about to be upon us and the vast majority of your visitors are going to arrive using these streets and what sort of impression are they going to get?

I know that Wick is not the back end of nowhere, I know its home to lots of nice people – well a few anyway. But oh-puleeeeeeeeeaase get something done about your main road.

Well said Gronnuck, I totally agree....[evil]

Phill
24-Mar-10, 22:52

Don't worry, it's all sorted now. No longer a problem.

They have put some signs up now: UNEVEN SURFACE

Job done.

Gronnuck
24-Mar-10, 23:10
Don't worry, it's all sorted now. No longer a problem.

They have put some signs up now: UNEVEN SURFACE

Job done.

'UNEVEN SURFACE' :lol: Thanks for that Phill :roll:

mumof2
24-Mar-10, 23:43
Which road would we block? south road, francis st. argyle square??? yeah the roads are really bad since the snow it's a proper pain in the rear. surely they'll get round to repairing them though.....eventually.

skaterboy
25-Mar-10, 08:56
I can tell you that Argyll has more than its fair share of potholes, more than what ive seen up here!