PDA

View Full Version : Baptist Church Mother & Toddlers

only me
23-Mar-10, 22:49
Hi

I was wondering if anyone could help me, I usually go to the mother and toddler group in the Baptist Church on a Tuesday and I missed it this week and have now heard they are no longer running this group from next week!! :( Is this right and if so why?

Thanks

sjr014
23-Mar-10, 23:04
I do remember they were struggling for someone to run it due to other work circumstances etc but i haven't heard anything official? Wasn't at toddlers today as i was working so will find out next Tuesday i suppose!

only me
24-Mar-10, 12:27
People are saying it is not on next Tuesday but I am not sure as I haven't been told anything. I will be gutted if they stop it on a Tuesday as I can't go on Thursdays anymore so the wee one will miss out :( You would think if they were going to stop any day it would be the Thursday as I have been a few times and there is half the amount of people there on a Thursday compared to the Tuesday!

jwh151
24-Mar-10, 21:02
Hi

We are really very sorry to have to do this, but unfortunately due to 2 of the volunteers working a Tuesday and one other commencing new employment after the Easter holidays there is no way we can keep it going on a Tuesday. We do apologise for the inconvenience and it is not something we have done lightly. Circumstances may change in the future but for the time being we are just going to be running 1 day per week which will be a Thursday.

sjr014
24-Mar-10, 22:56
Aww that's a shame but it can't be helped but it will definately be a big loss to lots of mums, dads and little ones. My girl loves it but we will continue on a Thursday on the days im no working!

only me
25-Mar-10, 16:14
Aww I have to say I really am gutted about that and the mums I go with are also gutted as we can only go on the Tuesday and we thought it was really good for our little ones to mix with other little ones and for the mums to see each other too! I really hope you are able to start it up on a Tuesday again asap, please post on here so I know it has started again if you do! This might be a silly idea but could the mums that go not run the group so we could continue it? Thanks

only me
25-Mar-10, 16:15
Another question when are you stopping doing the Tuesdays? Thanks

jwh151
25-Mar-10, 16:50
The toddlers is now closed for the Easter Holidays and will resume the same week the schools go back, on Thursday 15th April. We will let you know ASAP if there's anyway we can keep it going on a Tuesday. We are very sorry too that we're no longer able to keep it going both days. It has been running twice a week for over 10 years now and we really hate letting the mums and tots down. :~(