PDA

View Full Version : Megan

Kevin Milkins
23-Mar-10, 17:36
It makes my heart heavy to say that we have finally had to say goodbye to our darling little girl, Megan.

Although she made quite a good recovery from her fitting episodes a while ago, old age has crept up behind her very fast, firstly with her hearing going and most recently her balance and sight.

She was fast asleep when the the vet called at our house to PHTS and although she has left a massive gap that can never been filled, I feel strangely liberated and pleased that we did the right thing for her at the right time.

carasmam
23-Mar-10, 17:42
Aaw Kevin, I'm thinking of you and your Mrs :(
That has got to be one of the hardest decisions any of us will ever make for our beloved pets.
I feel as though I 'knew' her through all your pictures and posts, she will never be forgotten x

cuddlepop
23-Mar-10, 17:58
Just when we all thought she'd got over the worst old age crept up from behind and took her.

I'm not a lover of boxer dogs but your "two balls in my mouth" Megan stole my heart.:~(

Big hugs.

Ash87
23-Mar-10, 18:23
Aww Im so sorry to hear about your Megan.. It is an incredibly difficult decision to make, but a very brave one as you have obviously done the right thing by her. I'm sure she has left you with a lifetime of happy memories. x

Liz
23-Mar-10, 18:31
Oh Kevin I am so, so sorry.:~(

You absolutely did the right thing and I am glad that her passing was so peaceful. She would be so grateful to you.

You have so many lovely memories of a beautiful girl and none of us will forget her 'three balls in the mouth' trick!:lol:

Thinking of you and Dawn at this very sad time. Not forgetting Casper of course who will miss his sister. Sending you all hugs. xxx

dragonfly
23-Mar-10, 18:35
my thoughts are with you and Mrs M Kevin, its not easy but you will soon remember her with fondness instead of tears.

Sandra_B
23-Mar-10, 18:37
I'm so sorry.

Gronnuck
23-Mar-10, 19:01
Oh Kevin I'm so sorry to hear of Megan's passing. I'm sure she will have left paw prints on your heart.

Big Jean
23-Mar-10, 19:27
I'm also sorry to hear this . Although it is not an easy time for you, it was the right time for Megan . You will have many wonderful memories of her .

ShelleyCowie
23-Mar-10, 19:35
Oh no, just as we thought she was on the mend. Im glad you can be at peace now as she is sleeping. Yes its a hard desicion but as you said its what was best, and you know Megan better than anyone.

Im so sorry to hear the news. Your pictures of Megan that you have shared are lovely.

My thoughts are with you xxxxx

teenybash
23-Mar-10, 19:44
RIP lovely Megan...you stole all of our hearts, but you will be running now with your old pal Aled...he will show you how to skip and play once again.
Hugs to you and Mrs M................:~(

BillyEspie
23-Mar-10, 20:25
I really dont know what to write here, i saw you last weekend Megan along with Casper too when we were dog sitting you's both but now i know you will not be around anymore but only in our hearts and it's really sad and i'm close to tears writing this but hey thank-you Megan for bringing sunshine and happiness into our hearts, we all loved you and you will certainly not be forgotten for all the kisses you used to give, all the cuddles, warmth and love too so R.I.P. wee woman, go have the tme of your life with Aled and all the other new friends you will make in your new life XXX all our love from your dog sitters, Billy, Jim and Margaret Espie

unicorn
23-Mar-10, 21:05
I am so very sorry to hear your sad news Kevin, boxers leave such a big gap in your life as they have such huge characters. I still miss our Kira every day. Hugs to casper :~(

Rictina
23-Mar-10, 21:09
I'm so sorry to hear about Megan.

My thoughts are with you & your family.

Run free Megan at Rainbow bridge.

KCI
23-Mar-10, 21:20
So sorry to hear about Megan.
We had to have our beloved old cat put to sleep nearly a year ago, and it was the hardest thing I ever had to do. But it was the kindest thing for her.
I saw pics of Megan and she was beautiful.

Thumper
23-Mar-10, 21:39
Oh Kevin I am so sorry to hear this,my heart goes out to you,but you did the right thing x

bullielove
23-Mar-10, 22:15
I am so so sorry for your loss- I can only imagine the pain you andyour family must be feeling at the moment at the loss of your precious girl. Run free at the bridge Megan x

Sarah
23-Mar-10, 22:50
Sleep tight Megan.

Sorry for your loss, but it sounds like you did the right thing by her.

purplelady
23-Mar-10, 22:53
so sorry to hear about poor megan i know how you feel have lost three of our pets in the past yr and not one can ever be replaced xx

Kevin Milkins
24-Mar-10, 01:23
The org at times can be an extraordinary place to be.

I am sure it has not gone unnoticed that the majority of my time on caithness.org has been on the general section, and although I post less frequently nowadays on this section because of conflict, strife and difference of opinion, I try to do my bit.

My darling Megan has graced the pet section, often, and the orgers that have got to know her and me does seem to be from a different world.

I would thank everyone that has shared our special moments with Megan and for the the kind messages & thoughts that come with a cyber relationship of her good, amusing, and difficult times.

Jim, Margaret, and William Espie, has been our preferred dog sitters for some time now, (for no other reason than they have had, and been boxer dog owners) and Megan, (in particular) has been more than happy to stay with them because she felt there love. Her passing will I am sure , make them as sad as we are.

I have been looking through some photos of her in the last 11 years with a view to celebrating her life, but I have become a bit of a blubber,but when I get myself sorted I hope to share with like minded pet owners.

Thanks again for the support shown .

Regards

KM

changilass
24-Mar-10, 01:27
Sorry to hear about Megan.

cherokee
24-Mar-10, 09:38
So sorry to hear your sad news Kevin.

She was obviously a much loved dog and will bound to leave a huge gap in your lives, but take comfort from the fact she is now free of pain and is running free at Rainbow Bridge.

Thinking of you and your wife.

Jovi
24-Mar-10, 14:44
Hi kevin,I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, your pictures of 'Megan',have made me smile so often, thinking of you and Mrs.M.

brandy
24-Mar-10, 15:39
ahhh bless you and your family hun, its never easy loosing a loved one. something that i have always belived in .. is that as long as we keep them alive in our hearts and thoughts they are never truly gone. She had a good run in this life, and obviously a very loving family and she is now young and carefree again, all i can say is enjoy and rejoice in her memory and you will see her again when its time. ive not posted much on meagans posts but i have read them all.. and there was many a night i think i would have given up.. but you carried on and gave her everything that she needed and wanted. i know that i cried for you and my heart hurt so badly when you told us all you were going thru with her.. and then you were rewarded with a few more wonderful months. i dont think we could really ask for more , but as always you are in my thoughts at this time.. and i pray that the happy times are more than the sad in the next few weeks...
brandy

hell raizer
24-Mar-10, 16:45
so sorry to hear about megan

butterfly
24-Mar-10, 17:30
Ah Kevin,sorry to hear about the lovely Megan.My heart goes out to you.

DeHaviLand
24-Mar-10, 21:15
So sorry to hear of your sad loss Kevin. You know you did the right thing, and you know you gave her a great life. Be pleased for her, and treasure your memories.