PDA

View Full Version : Weekend away!

Dadie
22-Mar-10, 23:56
Just booked a weekend away in June and im so excited!
But getting nervous about going away with 3 small kids.
Ok its not too far away only Perthshire and selfcatering but pretty daunting neverless and I know im going to pack for every eventiality anyway as we had a horrible time away to Glasgow with the 2 girls as Iona had a nasty bum with a red raw rash the last time we ventured away(teething)....
Any tips (other than we are mad) for travelling with a4yo and a 2yo and a baby who will be 6mths old!

Rictina
23-Mar-10, 00:01
I'm sure you will have a fun time away, just relax & enjoy.

Your bound to be nervous from your previous experience, but try not too worry. :)

Dadie
23-Mar-10, 00:06
Yep
especially as I had to lie to get candisen hydrocortisone (sp)cream for her bum tpp try to clear it up!
Had to pretend it was for me as I couldnt get it otc for her.... went to the docs asap when we got home and guess what the doc prescribed???

EDDIE
23-Mar-10, 00:07
perthshire is a nice scenery i think there is a zoo not to to far away at blairdrummond good day out for the kids

ShelleyCowie
23-Mar-10, 00:07
Just booked a weekend away in June and im so excited!
But getting nervous about going away with 3 small kids.
Ok its not too far away only Perthshire and selfcatering but pretty daunting neverless and I know im going to pack for every eventiality anyway as we had a horrible time away to Glasgow with the 2 girls as Iona had a nasty bum with a red raw rash the last time we ventured away(teething)....
Any tips (other than we are mad) for travelling with a4yo and a 2yo and a baby who will be 6mths old!

As Rictina has said...just relax! Think worrying can make things worse sometimes.

When i took Athrun away to Skye last year i paniced so much i left his formula milk in Culloden at my OH's parents house where we made a pit stop.

We were staying in Struan, the nearest shop that sold formula on a sunday was Portree. I was worrying! Luckily my OH's mum drove me to get it

So just relax and have fun!

Dadie
23-Mar-10, 00:37
Formula isnt a problem!... I cannot forget to take my boobs!
But 2 sizes of nappies... numerous clothes changes and that breakfast cereal ~(the only one that will be eaten that week) travel cot, calpol, medical kit, double buggy, baby rice, bedtime blankies.. cushions..teddies...etc ... etc..

joxville
23-Mar-10, 01:10
If you fret that much might I suggest you not have any more kids, or just stay at home.

Dadie
23-Mar-10, 01:18
NO more kids!
AS for staying at home where is the fun in that???

Alice in Blunderland
23-Mar-10, 08:06
Formula isnt a problem!... I cannot forget to take my boobs!
But 2 sizes of nappies... numerous clothes changes and that breakfast cereal ~(the only one that will be eaten that week) travel cot, calpol, medical kit, double buggy, baby rice, bedtime blankies.. cushions..teddies...etc ... etc..

\dont forget the LARGE bottle of wine for mummy.;)

It will be no problem just chill and enjoy the time with the kids.

shamrock2007
23-Mar-10, 09:30
You will have a fab time. Nice picnic on the way down, breaks the journey & relaxs everyone! Why don't you buy your nappies etc when you get there then you won't need to take so much with you. Can your accommodation not provide you with a cot? For the older kids how about I spy but colours rather than letters?

laguna2
23-Mar-10, 09:41
perthshire is a nice scenery i think there is a zoo not to to far away at blairdrummond good day out for the kids

Are you thinking of Blairdrummond Safari Park? We went there in September and it was really excellent!

If you google it you can find out how far it is from where you will be staying.

For the journey - have you thought about CD's for the kids to listen to? Might drive you and OH mad but the kids might enjoy them - story CD's, nursery rhyme CD's, children's song CD's? We use them and they seem to work! Out little one is 3 years old.

Have a great time!

telfordstar
23-Mar-10, 11:46
Dvd players for car are a god send.

shamrock2007
23-Mar-10, 13:14
There is a adventure park in Stanley, it is very good, we spent to whole day there last year. Its a good price, very child friendly has picnic area or a cafe. Its got loads of play things & animals. Blair drummond is really good aswell. :D

horseman
23-Mar-10, 14:10
Calm down lassie, an prepare to enjoy yourself.
Theres a lovely time ahead of you.
An as for bum rash--thats a long long time away. Happy long time memories but. An thanks for bringing them up,Mrs H is in for a big kiss when she gets back from the hairdressers.!:)

Dadie
23-Mar-10, 14:44
Just dawned on me I will have to take jars of gloop for Euan or the hand blender:lol:
He will be starting solids by then!
Hopefully Iona will be in pants by then... at least through the day...

Angela
23-Mar-10, 15:11
Hopefully you won't need to use it Dadie, but maybe it'll reassure you to know Perth has an excellent out of hours medical service -they're great with kids.

One of the best holidays I ever had was with my 3 when the youngest was 6 months - we had 5 days in exotic Burntisland and it felt such such an adventure and such a relaxing change from the usual home routines. :D

Hope you all have a great time. :)

Dadie
23-Mar-10, 21:07
:lol: Its just the amount of stuff you have to take with you!
Before kids my weekend away bag would contain a change of clothes, something nice to wear on a night out, make up, shampoo etc and 3 pairs of shoes (none sensible)
Now My bag will contain at least 1 change of clothes, no going out clothes, make up, shampoo etc, no shoes (I will be wearing them).
The kids will need at least 2 outfits per day and jammies for night, nappies, bibs,plastic crockery (self catering), sippi cups, calpol, bum cream, soft toys ( Lauren cant sleep without lemurand Iona needs cushion, rat and cat) travel cot, double buggy, swim stuff etc
Hubby might have enough room in a bag for clean pants!

wicker8
24-Mar-10, 10:58
hi hope you all have a nice time dont worry it will be fine take care:Razz

mumof2
25-Mar-10, 12:38
are you taking the dog too? ha ha it'll be fine, where you staying? just hope and pray for nice weather. if you forget something it wont be the end of the world (as long as it's not a child) if in doubt write a list, like your mother does!

georgegwf
25-Mar-10, 21:26
Hello dadie rumour has it at dounreay that you are pregnant again HMMMM
more maternity leave tut tut you will be of the contract ohh thats right you are allready of the contract same as everybody who has extended time off[evil] Never mind enjoy your break away blair drummond rocks its a great day out for all the family just watch out for the lions and other animals that can eat you ...................:eek: