PDA

View Full Version : Watcha doin'?

Pages : [1] 2

John Little
22-Mar-10, 22:21
I am sitting in front of a computer looking in on the Org which has grown on me greatly in the last couple of weeks - it's a grand forum.

I am also listening on Youtube to the greatest tenor who ever lived, bar none and drinking a small glass of rum, which I like.

My wife is out warbling at her choir and will be back at about 10pm at which point I shall stop and go off to be sociable. After shutting the gates to keep the animals out I shall head to bed and read up about Passchendaele - I am going to Ypres on Thursday.

Watcha doin' ?

northener
22-Mar-10, 22:25
Just winding down for the night. I was going to have a couple of beers before beddy-byes..but i can't be bothered. So an early night for me.

'Wipers' eh?
I was up at Vimy Ridge a few years ago, very thought provoking.

Enjoy.

Venture
22-Mar-10, 22:27
I'm reading a post by John Little on caithness,org while sooking on some Fox's glacier fruits and listening to two dogs snoring in the background. What an exciting life I lead. ;):lol:

joxville
22-Mar-10, 22:34
I'm in work, doing yet more overtime.

Vistravi
22-Mar-10, 22:37
I am sitting in front of a computer looking in on the Org which has grown on me greatly in the last couple of weeks - it's a grand forum.

I am also listening on Youtube to the greatest tenor who ever lived, bar none and drinking a small glass of rum, which I like.

My wife is out warbling at her choir and will be back at about 10pm at which point I shall stop and go off to be sociable. After shutting the gates to keep the animals out I shall head to bed and read up about Passchendaele - I am going to Ypres on Thursday.

Watcha doin' ?

Oh dear john little you have become addicted :lol:

John Little
22-Mar-10, 22:40
Is that to Rum, great Tenors, or the Org? :cool:

Phill
22-Mar-10, 22:42
Whilst perusing the .org I have come to the conclusion that A. Beaujolais is pants and B. Holby is still proper bobbins.

ShelleyCowie
22-Mar-10, 23:09
Just passing through here. Got Corrie on whilst the OH is in the bath. Just finished watching Caprica and House. :cool:

Fluff
22-Mar-10, 23:29

In work but not working lol!

I'm just back from cadets, catching up on tonight's TV and websites. Day off tomorrow, so I don't have to go to bed too early!

The Drunken Duck
22-Mar-10, 23:29
Looking for hot pics of Kate Beckinsale in between popping in and out of here. My missus is on late shift so I havent seen her much lately, hence the interest in the ultimate yummy mummy. Have a Jack and Coke on the go and the head phones on with some tunes. Tonight its AC/DC, Rubyhorse and Foo Fighters. Rocking It.

Shortly I will go online and play some Uncharted 2, or Modern Warfare 2. Then bed about three or so once the other half gets home.

Vistravi
22-Mar-10, 23:33
Is that to Rum, great Tenors, or the Org? :cool:

First and foremost to the org, the other two is up to you to decide ;)

Rictina
23-Mar-10, 00:03
I'm enjoying a wee glass of Glayva. ;)

Dadie
23-Mar-10, 00:08
Booking a wee holiday.... feeding the baby... drinking a glass of wine!
Ignoring the ironing pile:lol:

dafi
23-Mar-10, 00:12
I am dodging aboot the net and catching up with frends that i havent seen for years.

I think i am becoming a bit of a facebook convert!

Now i am going to have a smooze thru the recent posts on the org.

joxville
23-Mar-10, 01:12
I'm now home and shaking my head at some of the crap on here. :roll:

ducati
23-Mar-10, 01:47
I'm now home and shaking my head at some of the crap on here. :roll:

Trying to unstick palm from face then off ta bed [lol]

upolian
23-Mar-10, 10:05
Popped my mini moto back on the org,replying to pm's + this thread,going to work in 40mins :)

joxville
23-Mar-10, 10:13

In work but not working lol!

I'm just back from cadets, catching up on tonight's TV and websites. Day off tomorrow, so I don't have to go to bed too early!

My job involves monitoring the plant as it makes asphalt. Once everything is running smoothly I just sit back, (recline actually), and watch a cctv screen and two pc's. I have a pile of books to read or will use my laptop to go online, or sometimes have a nap.

So technically, I was working. ;)

horseman
23-Mar-10, 14:16
Shows ye it is a super site.

riggerboy
23-Mar-10, 14:19
mmmmmm i`m waiting for a helicopter to come get me and take me home,

John Little
23-Mar-10, 14:35
I am looking forward to having a Japanese meal tonight - my step-daughter's 30th birthday. Yum yum - will save some appetite.

ducati
23-Mar-10, 16:49
mmmmmm i`m waiting for a helicopter to come get me and take me home,

What colour? :eek:

northener
23-Mar-10, 17:35
Just been out with my ADI head on for a couple of lessons, got back and took the mutt down to the harbour and up to the castle...lovely day.

Currently making tea and thinking about having a beer tonight if it's quiet enough.

joxville
24-Mar-10, 11:30
I'm thinking of going to work. I've done enough overtime last few days so may wander in about noon.

bekisman
24-Mar-10, 13:03

Is that Pav, John? - saw him at the SEC in Glasgow about ten years back; the best!

John Little
24-Mar-10, 13:23
No Beks - not Pavarotti.
I read that Pavarotti's hero was a tenor- somebody asked Pavarotti in an interview if he was aiming to be better than Jussi Bjorling.

Pavarotti stoppsed in mid air and said'Please - I am only human...'
So I found Bjorling.

Just listen to this. Turn the volume up and just listen.

I'm a man. I don't cry.....

But I ain't ashamed to say that things were very blurry by the end - that last high note is just incredible- I don't know how a human being can sing like this,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nrDfqoYzNo

What am I doing?
I'm at work and having lunch; sausage and egg followed by lemon sponge with cream

Luvverly.

Thumper
24-Mar-10, 13:26
Sitting here reading posts and wishing my arm would heal quickly so i can get back to driving and normality!..well as normal as I can be ;) x

bekisman
24-Mar-10, 13:49
No Beks - not Pavarotti.
I read that Pavarotti's hero was a tenor- somebody asked Pavarotti in an interview if he was aiming to be better than Jussi Bjorling. Pavarotti stoppsed in mid air and said'Please - I am only human...' So I found Bjorling. Just listen to this. Turn the volume up and just listen.
I'm a man. I don't cry..... But I ain't ashamed to say that things were very blurry by the end - that last high note is just incredible- I don't know how a human being can sing like this,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nrDfqoYzNo

What am I doing? I'm at work and having lunch; sausage and egg followed by lemon sponge with cream Luvverly.

Yes, agree with you; The Swedish daily newspaper Svenska Dagbladet (SvD) published an article on September 6, 2007, that refers to two interviews with Pavarotti. It is clear that Jussi Björling was his idol. "When I'm about to train a new opera, I first listen to how Jussi Björling did it. His voice was unique and it's his path that I want to follow. I would more than anything else wish that people compared me with Jussi Björling. It's like so I'm striving to sing."

my 'tear-jerker' and what I want at my funeral is: Cavalleria Rusticana - Intermezzo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDVFaheqQAg

Get your hanky out!

Not eating anything - got Dentist appointment in Golspie this afternoon...

John Little
24-Mar-10, 20:14
Very nice that. Very nice.

I am packing an overnight bag and have booked an alarm call for 5.15am.
I am looking forward to the legendary ferry breakfast; by mid-day tomorrow I should be poking round Kemmel Hill, then Poperinghe, Bayernwald Trench, and, if time allows, the Pool of peace at Spanbroekmolen.

At 8pm the Menin Gate ceremony - hope there's some pipers there.

Friday is Flanders fields, Langemarck, Essex Farm, Sanctuary Wood and Tyne Cot.

Then home. Lots to pack in

ducati
24-Mar-10, 21:38
Very nice that. Very nice.

I am packing an overnight bag and have booked an alarm call for 5.15am.
I am looking forward to the legendary ferry breakfast; by mid-day tomorrow I should be poking round Kemmel Hill, then Poperinghe, Bayernwald Trench, and, if time allows, the Pool of peace at Spanbroekmolen.

At 8pm the Menin Gate ceremony - hope there's some pipers there.

Friday is Flanders fields, Langemarck, Essex Farm, Sanctuary Wood and Tyne Cot.

Then home. Lots to pack in

Hope you don't mind me asking John? Is this an organised tour or something you have set up yourself?

John Little
24-Mar-10, 22:01
No - I am doing it. Organised it- coach, hostel, itinerary and I am doing all the talking.

John Little
26-Mar-10, 23:01
I am back from Ypres and Knackered.
On the way home I was in a 40mph zone and a b****** overtook me doing about 60 on the wrong side of the keep left bollards where a girl was killed two years ago. He then sped south at about 100mph; no joke

So i just finished reporting the SoB to the local coppers and I hope he gets done- cos I got his full registration.

If they want me as a witness they shall have me.
I just tucked into fish and chips, much red wine and am waiting for herself to come in so I can go to bed.

An interesting day.

Dadie
26-Mar-10, 23:23
Just cleaned up the bathroom after bathing the kids went pete tong on me!
Lauren tried soap dodging and slipped banging her nose .. resulting nosebleed looked like a massacre occured in the bathroom... as I was sorting her out without panicing her Iona climbed into the bath with all her clothes on and a naked Euan peed on Daddy...
House back to normal...
Bath and bedtime for us adults!:lol:

ducati
26-Mar-10, 23:31
No - I am doing it. Organised it- coach, hostel, itinerary and I am doing all the talking.

Hope you had a great time, I'll bet you are cream crackered now :lol:

John Little
26-Mar-10, 23:33
Utterly and completely shattered - and have spent much time talking at volume so got to watch the voice too.

Now to bed.

She's home.

joxville
26-Mar-10, 23:41
I'm at work. :roll:

John Little
23-Apr-10, 20:57
My wife has gone off to Paris for the weekend with a coachload of women who are looking at gardens.

Himself has had a Chinese meal which herself does not like very much. :D

I may drink more than I should. :lol:

And when I get up tomorrow I shall do nothing around the house. I shall get my bicycle out, get out on the country lanes and ride for miles. I may stop at a country pub for a pint.

And do whatever I want. :cool:

joxville
24-Apr-10, 00:00
I may go for a drive to Kent tomorrow, I've not been in that lovely part of the country in over 20 years. :D

Blarney
24-Apr-10, 00:00
Sounds like a good weekend you have got lined up - I hope the weather is kind to you and you don't have too sore a head in the morning!

John Little
24-Apr-10, 00:02
Well the beer's good.

But watch out for lairy cyclists - they have been known to dent nice shiny cars...

joxville
24-Apr-10, 00:20
I was actually thinking of going to Southampton tomoorow and get some pics of a new dinghy that's being launched.

http://www.celebritycruises.co.uk/celebrity-eclipse/index.html

wifie
24-Apr-10, 00:21
Did some stranded folk not get picked up in that? It even has real grass on it! :roll:

joxville
24-Apr-10, 00:23
Aye, there was about 2000 people picked up and brought to the UK. Surprisingly, none of them were illegal immigrants. :eek:

wifie
24-Apr-10, 00:25
Have a nice time and post some pics on here! I am goin out wi my camera this weekend - about time I had another wee shottie!

The Drunken Duck
24-Apr-10, 00:39
Just sitting in the house trying to chill out after a night of female drama. My new girlfriend decided to play the neurotic other half tonight and I got sick of it. I just waited until she finally shut the hell up and went to the toilet, then I turned off my mobile and went home where I played Battlefield 2 : Bad Company online.

Women. Their emotional crap and petty mind games are almost enough to turn you Gay.

Anfield
24-Apr-10, 00:57
DD,
You have enough problems (LFC Supporter and STD sufferer) without turning gay.

Grab a cab get into town, get some beers down your neck and go clubbing (not a gay one)

If you are still feeling down, give me, Fred or Stavro a ring. If you are really really down get in touch with John Little, Golach or Bekisman, (you may have to reverse the charge with last three though)

Cheer up, she is only a woman.

A tip ditch the woman and get a dog

Andfield
24-Apr-10, 01:12
DD,
You have enough problems (LFC Supporter and STD sufferer) without turning gay.

Grab a cab get into town, get some beers down your neck and go clubbing (not a gay one)

If you are still feeling down, give me, Fred or Stavro a ring. If you are really really down get in touch with John Little, Golach or Bekisman, (you may have to reverse the charge with last three though)

Cheer up, she is only a woman.

A tip ditch the woman and get a dog

Oy la :lol:

Remember this is a family forum [lol]

rambo1978
24-Apr-10, 06:46
Sitting up watching rubbish on e4 and waiting for bengal boy to come home, also freezing as his entrance is my sitting room window lol

John Little
24-Apr-10, 09:30
"If you are really really down get in touch with John Little, Golach or Bekisman, (you may have to reverse the charge with last three though)"

"I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own."

You are number 6

The Drunken Duck
24-Apr-10, 09:46
Blimey Anfield, calm down a bit .. its a gobby woman, not a life ending disaster !!

golach
24-Apr-10, 11:08
Hmmm, should I feel as if I am being bullied and persecuted by this post as one oger continues to bleet about, every time his name is mentioned???
Naw!! its only a open forum, not real life[lol]

Penelope Pitstop
24-Apr-10, 11:13
Just sitting in the house trying to chill out after a night of female drama. My new girlfriend decided to play the neurotic other half tonight and I got sick of it. I just waited until she finally shut the hell up and went to the toilet, then I turned off my mobile and went home where I played Battlefield 2 : Bad Company online.

Women. Their emotional crap and petty mind games are almost enough to turn you Gay.

Get yourself a good pair of ear plugs...[lol]

As for the gay thing....stick to what you know. Trust me blokes can be just as bad !!! lol

joxville
24-Apr-10, 12:37
Staying home, cancelled the trip to Southampton. Now going out to the garden and catching some of those beautiful rays. Yeah baby. :cool:

rich
24-Apr-10, 14:13
I am about to go for a run through the Mount Pleasant Cemetery - a highly appropriate venue given my age and general decrepitude. Then, if I am still capable, to the Artful Dodger for brunch with friends I have known for 25 years - met them at the University of Toronto and together have been through marriages, divorces, deaths, career ups and downs, the 70s the 80s the 90s---and somehow along the way I have accumulated three grand-daughters.
It is enough to drive a man to the Rex Jazz Bar. Which is my next destination. Excellent tenor (saxophone) Mike Murley (check him out on the internet- and check the Rex.too.)This evening I will create a spaghetti dish accompanied by claret. Lashings off it and a wee solo dance number that I do accompanied by the Duke Ellington orchestra (circa 1930)
My current better half is in Boston playing the fiddle and doing a little work reporting on medical meetings there. So tonight the old man shall caper!

wifie
24-Apr-10, 14:25
Staying home, cancelled the trip to Southampton. Now going out to the garden and catching some of those beautiful rays. Yeah baby. :cool:

Lazy git! Rays are out here too so :Razz

John Little
24-Apr-10, 14:36
I have returned!
Oh the penalties of age. I have a numb derriere and I only did 20 odd miles and a couple of steep bits. Never mind - when I retire I shall do more and get into some semblance of fitness again.
Very nice run though - lots of sun and the air is warm outside though inside still cold.

Saw a snake take cover in our rockery - a big one.

bekisman
24-Apr-10, 14:50
Blimey Anfield, calm down a bit .. its a gobby woman, not a life ending disaster !!

He always did exaggerate ;).
Do phone box to phone box reverse charges (can one still do that?

John Little
25-Apr-10, 18:16
I'm about to go down to Tescos to get a wife, freshly imported from France...

bekisman
25-Apr-10, 19:01

You won't down there, they shut at 5pm(?) unlike up here!!! - unless you're going to a small wee Tesco, but they don't sell imported wives in those.. Have to wait till tomorrow ;)

golach
25-Apr-10, 19:22

An imported wife from France? :eek: beware they have very hairy oxters[disgust]

John Little
25-Apr-10, 19:59
Nah- this one doesn't - I picked her up and she's clean,

lynne duncan
25-Apr-10, 23:57
john little thank you that piece by bjorling made a perfect background for reading this thread and bekisman as i write i have cavalleria playing in the background, again a perfect wind down after trying to complete my homework for the day, which have done so and now rounding the evening off by catching up on the crack here, mind you more homework for another night, so anymore recommendations on the music front would be most appreciated

my send off
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObxzdawhM-8&feature=related

John Little
26-Apr-10, 09:13
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhwpE2AZLvw

just for you. Enjoy

John Little
26-Apr-10, 19:31
Home from work. There's a rabbit looking at me through the window - it has a scab on its side- which makes me think it's been in a fight. Bit like the two male ducks I saw having a right go at each other this morning chest to chest whilst the female sat and watched.

Too much admin to do tonight.:~(

John Little
26-Apr-10, 19:32
Lynne - the Chang was wonderful - thanks.

I hope you like this in return. The best version - ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zdb94HbyRko

ducati
26-Apr-10, 19:58
Just driven to Sale (Manchester) and back in two days to see Mum. Great day and a half chilling and spending a bit of quality time with Mum and Sisters.

Mode? Alfa Romeo, and nothing fell off, a first. :cool: Although a front wishbone has just about given up the fight :eek:

Sunday, left at 2.00pm arrived home at 11.00pm. Couldn't fly it in that time [lol]

Past through Portgower Friday morning, one lum reeking, and back Sunday night, one house light on in the whole village.

Invisible
26-Apr-10, 20:01
Playing the keyboard, just composed a piece Beethoven would be jealous of..............................I'll call it Symphony Number 9...........................sorry? its already been taken?................doh!

Apart from that im thinking of really poor jokes to put on Facebook. e.g
what does a poetic dairy farmer say to his animals? HAIKU

Then Ill put on some Family Guy

wifie
26-Apr-10, 20:14
At the mo I am wondering how many times Invisible can reproduce the same joke! (I use the term loosely!) ;)

Invisible
26-Apr-10, 20:15
At the mo I am wondering how many times Invisible can reproduce the same joke! (I use the term loosely!) ;)

There's no stopping me now.:lol:

wifie
26-Apr-10, 21:02
There's no stopping me now.:lol:

Today the Org, tomorrow . . . Forsinard? :roll:

ShelleyCowie
26-Apr-10, 21:03
Im eatin a packet o golden crunch til maself here. bored and lonesom...what can ya do tho! :)

Invisible
26-Apr-10, 21:05
Today the Org, tomorrow . . . Forsinard? :roll:

well im supposed to be working but I may just go

trix
26-Apr-10, 23:36
well, i made a pan o' soup wi' stock fie 'e chicken denner i made yesterday, washed 'e kitchen floor an then did a wild pile o' ironin, goin til heid til ma beid wi' a cup o' tea an ma book now.

readin a fiction book aboot 'e knights templers ifanow, its guid.

see venture, its all aboot 'e norm ;)

Dadie
27-Apr-10, 11:10
Baking cakes with Iona ... then back to nursery to pick up Lauren...then to Thurso for Euan to get his jabs.. then up all night with him:eek:
Inbetween times dishing out invites for the girls party... jigsaws..washing..hoovering..tidying...wiping pen/crayon/colouring pencil off the walls (Iona is going through a phase of drawing on the walls and her sister will give her pens) all in all a normal day!
Made pink cauliflour with cheese sauce for tea... if it gets eaten I dont really care what colour it has to be!

John Little
30-Apr-10, 17:45
The wife is out late tonight at a leaving do. On the way home I shall get prawn toast, sweet and sour pork in batter, spring roll and egg fried rice.

I finish in 15 mins...... :)

Bazeye
01-May-10, 13:16
Sunbathing with a bottle of wine and a big fat one. ;) (No, not the wife) :lol:

John Little
01-May-10, 15:28
Taking a break from cleaning out the outhouse- spiders, mice litter and rubbish. Trip to the tip tomorrow.

Dadie
01-May-10, 21:10
Spent the afternoon picking and buying paint and wallpaper and the other bits and pieces needed to decorate the livingroom...guess what we will be doing in the evenings when the kids are in bed?

The Drunken Duck
01-May-10, 21:54
Went to see Iron Man 2 earlier, really enjoyed it. Just as good as the first one.

Now having to sit through Avatar on Blu Ray, great picture quality but what a load of rubbish. Its just Dances with Wolves with what appears to be the overgrown result of a one night stand between a cat and a Smurf. I am typing this in the kitchen as I am getting the pizza out of the oven in a vain attempt to get away from it from a few minutes.

Better go. She thinks I am surfing for porn, because "why else do you take a laptop into the kitchen" .. eh ??

trix
01-May-10, 22:57
i talked ma dad intil takin me an ma mam til 'e indian 'iss efternoon....he says i tricked him, but i da really see'ed lek 'at :lol: ;)

anyway or no, then i hed a pal roond an we watched 'at film shutter island. now am all jamy'd up, choost chillin wi a gless o' wine, got a few films til pick fie, so by time 'e pizza is ready il hev made ma mind up :cool:

wifie
01-May-10, 23:28
Sunbathing with a bottle of wine and a big fat one. ;) (No, not the wife) :lol:

I'm curious - a big fat what?

Aaldtimer
02-May-10, 03:16
I would hazard a guess at a "herbal" ciggy!:confused

John Little
02-May-10, 08:27
No Lacto! So no cinnamon crunch for breakfast. Toast instead. Must be an awful lot of lactose intolerant people round here cos the supermarkets keep running out!

ducati
02-May-10, 08:29
Trying to flog a Bugatti Veyron, please see my Sign of the times thread :lol:

John Little
02-May-10, 15:53
Just back from the tip with a vanload of rubbish - amazing what you can accumulate in a shed! Got soaked pushing it all into skips - then to Waitrose and got 3 cartons of Lacto!!

There's a young woodpecker sheltering from the rain under our bird-table.

trix
02-May-10, 16:28
iv eventually drag'd masel oot o' ma beid, all shoer'd a fresh now.

doin rite 'wifie' things aday, sewin on buttons, ironin, chuckin oot clothes (efter spendin all mornin buyin new ones) am even wearin a frock wi' tights, so i look 'e part too :D

hev a pal comin roon' for haggis, neeps an tatties later ;)

Dadie
02-May-10, 21:40
ceiling painted!
and two patches on the wall...to test the colours!
didnt know a playpen was essential for decorating until today... had hubby in the cage painting while I watched the kids...and kept on moving the cage round the room until done... only let him out to eat or use the loo!

shazzap
02-May-10, 21:52
Watching Hell Boy

wifie
02-May-10, 22:53
I would hazard a guess at a "herbal" ciggy!:confused

:o oh ok! Herbs are nice! :confused

wifie
02-May-10, 22:55
iv eventually drag'd masel oot o' ma beid, all shoer'd a fresh now.

doin rite 'wifie' things aday, sewin on buttons, ironin, chuckin oot clothes (efter spendin all mornin buyin new ones) am even wearin a frock wi' tights, so i look 'e part too

hev a pal comin roon' for haggis, neeps an tatties later

Here what kinda impression hev ye got o' wifies? [evil] :Razz

John Little
03-May-10, 09:56
Domestic Goddesses all, nae doot!

I am up betimes. I am going to have a wee peek in the shed - I think there's a big rat in there behind a box..... it's him or me!

trix
03-May-10, 19:31
Watching Hell Boy

i always thot ye picked a cute name for 'e bairn :lol:

how did ye get on wi 'e rat john....john?? are ye ayre??

maybe 'e rat won :eek:

John Little
03-May-10, 20:54
Nah - I went in there with my gun already and the wife moved the box away quick as I aimed- but there was nothing there. No holes in the walls either - but one high up - too high for a rat.

So we figure that what's been getting in and chewing the boxes is a squirrel - maybe the same one that pinched the nutfeeder last year and never brought it back!

I willna shoot him though. I like squirrels. :cool:

ducati
04-May-10, 08:18
Nah - I went in there with my gun already and the wife moved the box away quick as I aimed- but there was nothing there. No holes in the walls either - but one high up - too high for a rat.

So we figure that what's been getting in and chewing the boxes is a squirrel - maybe the same one that pinched the nutfeeder last year and never brought it back!

Mine pinched the lawn mower :eek:

The Drunken Duck
04-May-10, 08:46

Anyone else visualising this panning out like a scene from Caddyshack ??

Be careful John. Them Gophers are smart critters.

:D

John Little
04-May-10, 11:32
"Mine pinched the lawn mower :eek:"

http://i927.photobucket.com/albums/ad118/johnlittle21/Surprise_Squirrel_Lawnmower_by_MasT.jpg

Seen in Portgower yesterday!.......[lol]

ducati
04-May-10, 11:45

http://i927.photobucket.com/albums/ad118/johnlittle21/Surprise_Squirrel_Lawnmower_by_MasT.jpg

Seen in Portgower yesterday!.......[lol]

Oi, there it is!

Typical bone idle workshy squirrel, he's missed a bit

John Little
04-May-10, 11:51
"...he's missed a bit "

Careful! That's what my wife was saying when I nearly chopped her finger off last year. :eek: Blood everywhere!!!

wifie
04-May-10, 17:22
"...he's missed a bit "

Careful! That's what my wife was saying when I nearly chopped her finger off last year. :eek: Blood everywhere!!!

I am composing a letter!

Dear Mr Little

I would be obliged if you could once more acquaint yourself with the test section where it is clearly explained how to use the quote system on this forum.

Yours sincerely

Frustrated and Goggle Eyed,
formerly of Caithness

John Little
04-May-10, 20:23
dEER wIfIe

tHE pROCESS OF GETTING quotes to me seems worthy of the court of Byzantium, so involved does my technophobic and aging brain find it.

However, in deference to your concerns I shall try again when next I quote. But I'll blame you if it goes wrong!!

I have gotten home after a hard day's work, had dinner, fixed the wife's broken necklace, said hello to the baby robins in the garage, scared the rabbits off the lawn and installed a new scanner.

Now I shall take it easy for a while. With wine!

Bazeye
05-May-10, 00:56
dEER wIfIe

tHE pROCESS OF GETTING quotes to me seems worthy of the court of Byzantium, so involved does my technophobic and aging brain find it.

However, in deference to your concerns I shall try again when next I quote. But I'll blame you if it goes wrong!!

I have gotten home after a hard day's work, had dinner, fixed the wife's broken necklace, said hello to the baby robins in the garage, scared the rabbits off the lawn and installed a new scanner.

Now I shall take it easy for a while. With wine!

You missed out the hoovering.

John Little
06-May-10, 17:05
Did the hoovering the day before.

Now I am off to cast my vote.

VIVA LA REVOLUCION!

The Drunken Duck
06-May-10, 17:34
Just voted.

My Polling Office had us making our cross in Pencil, bit weird. Sure it was Pen last time.

trix
06-May-10, 17:39
am no votin....i da ken enough aboot'ed til vote. widna ken fa wis fa an da want til be a hypocrite.

am sure it wilna affect me much anyway, who-iver is in or oot. i'l still hev til pay ma taxes an what not :roll:

ignorance can be bliss....

John Little
06-May-10, 18:20
S'easy Trix.

Tories - sack em all, save lots of money and pay it to people on the dole- and give tax breaks to our m8s so they spend more.

Labour - keep em employed, then sacks loads but not as many and owe loads and loads of money for ever and ever.

Lib Dems - same as Labour but make savings to sack fewer and scrap Trident

Ukip - damn the lot of you - out of Europe and sack loads!

SNP - it's all ooors - hands off.

NickInTheNorth
06-May-10, 18:50
It just goes to show, you should never judge a book by it's cover - nor a thread by its title.

Seeing "Watcha doin?" I assumed it would be a boring wee thing so never bothered reading it 'til today.

What do I find, some absolute gems from YouTube, thanks for the thread John Little - absolute top notch!

John Little
09-May-10, 15:44
We woke up this morning because there was a noise in the house but I could find nothing at first.

When I got dressed I went to look at the computer and there was a hoodie crow perched on the keyboard.

He did not like my intrusion at all and hurled himself at the windows repeatedly before I could get them open - and he flew off swearing loudly, having crapped largely on the window sill.

We figure he fell down the chimney - stupid fowl!

trix
09-May-10, 16:41
am ill ill ill....:mad:

some amount o' whiskey i hed last nite :eek: unbelievable!!!

now am lookin through insurance companys, drinkin a cup o' tea an eitin a piece.

widna be able til drive ma new car til later enite anyway....one thing is for sure, it isna goin til be cheap :mad:

ShelleyCowie
09-May-10, 16:56
Iv got a roast in the oven and its smellin mighty fine right now! :) Roast tatties being cooked....veggies are on, yorkshires and stuffing til follow! I do love a sunday roast.

Trix, alcohol is devil juice! Especially Whisky [lol] Ya poor soul. a few more cups o tea and an afternoon nap might do ya the world o good! :D i love naps lol

John Little
10-May-10, 20:05
I have just chased three large rabbits out of one of our flowerbeds. More accurately they are my wife's flowerbeds for she is the garden fanatic. They are all over the place.

But at least they do not do so much damage as the flock of peacocks who came to stay last year and scratched up and ate all her wallflowers.

I keep telling her we need a Jack Russell.

I think we need some of these in the garden -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QG5AwGitZbs

They eat hedgehogs - I wonder if they munch bunnies too?

John Little
10-May-10, 20:57
What am I doing?

Atoning for the sin of putting badger in this thread. So here's some cultcha instead- Handel and Monteverdi Choir and very good too! It's what I am listening to right now!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0nMXunT3A4&playnext_from=TL&videos=-YWeSMVHxvA

I like it loud.

The Drunken Duck
10-May-10, 21:32
I am having a Jack Daniel's smoothie, and it's blooming gorgeous.

Just make a vanilla ice cream smoothie, add a couple of finely chopped flake bars and top up with neat Jack Daniels. Delicious.

Going to try one with blue Aftershock next.

John Little
11-May-10, 08:54
We are celebrating here in a kind of disbelieving way. My step-daughter just dropped a baby girl - her second child yesterday.

I say 'dropped' deliberately for she started contractions at 11.00am, was whisked to hospital and started giving birth in the hospital door - all done and dusted in just over an hour.

Astonishing!

Dadie
11-May-10, 09:12
Congrats!
I can beat that...Euan arrived in 1/2an hour!
Thank goodness I made it to the maternity ward:lol:...but not the delivery room

I have to go to Wick to get another roll of wallpaper as I am 4" short for the last strip!...cursing...would have been finished otherwise!
Need stuff for Euan as he is teething and cocoa powder to make cakes as im getting organised for the party for the girls at the end of the month...and picking up proper farmyard chicken eggs too!
My little helpers will be baking... well...Lauren will be working my old kenwood chef and Iona loves licking the bowl....inbetween doing the normal housework, making dinner etc!

John Little
12-May-10, 08:57
Went over last night to see the new baby girl. Rosa is the hairiest baby I have ever seen - my mother says she's overcooked, but in fact she came a day early.

I understand she will lose the hair quickly but she is not a babe that looks like Winston Churchill - more like a small monkey. But very cute nonetheless.

ShelleyCowie
12-May-10, 09:11
Went over last night to see the new baby girl. Rosa is the hairiest baby I have ever seen - my mother says she's overcooked, but in fact she came a day early.

I understand she will lose the hair quickly but she is not a babe that looks like Winston Churchill - more like a small monkey. But very cute nonetheless.

Aw bless! I think babies are cute no matter what!

Athrun had hairy ears when he was born! :eek: Yep hairy ears! but it all fell off within a week. Was rather cute and funny! :)

John Little
12-May-10, 21:21
I just got bacl from doing pilates. I feel like waving a flag and surrendering - I ache all over. There has to be a better way - hasn't there? :eek:

wifie
12-May-10, 22:18
Pilates sound heavenly - I have a long back which I think would appreciate that but have never been brave enough to find a class! :) I put my back out recently and man alive I never want to repeat that!!! [smirk]

Oh, forgot, what am I doin? Well I am just back from singing class and I had a ball! I was havin a garbage day and I feel so much better - we laugh, we sing , we have a great time!

Boozeburglar
13-May-10, 00:50
I know what you mean wifie.

The Boozed up Bugaler did find his back a wantin after getting attacked for being gay in the big bad city, and of course I never used my crutches and ended up putting my back out and not walking right for a year.

The morphine jabs were nice, but I was happy to find one day the pain just went and soon after the fear of the pain went.

Have til watch the weight now as once yer back is gubbed ye have to keep on top of everything else 100% or the weak link breaks, or at least derails you.

My kayaking keeps it at bay, but the winter breaks the flow, needing to get out and paddle it off now.

:)

The Drunken Duck
13-May-10, 02:09
Watching "Saving Private Ryan" on Blu Ray while scoffing a chilli kebab.

Great Film. Not so sure about the kebab.

John Little
13-May-10, 08:42
Try telling them to hold the chili - take it home and put Tescos mint sauce on it instead - much more British and very tasty!

ducati
13-May-10, 08:48
Watching the press and media try to derail the coalition-short honeymoon :eek:

John Little
13-May-10, 08:54
Ditto - all the papers are furious because it's an outcome they did not shape. They think they run the country.

Maybe they don't now!:Razz

Dadie
13-May-10, 10:24
Getting confused...and fustrated over pension plan changes... complicated by me being on maternity leave and when at work now part time....there was roadshows and financial advisor at work but with me off no one told me.....and the form has to be in by 28th.....

trix
13-May-10, 19:22
am sittin sippin champagne wi' ma very guid pals, heidin oot til 'e indian for a slap up denner shortly....:cool:

John Little
13-May-10, 21:07
I have just visited the nineteenth century. A powercut of more than 6 hours has seen us using parafin lamps and candles for the last hour - no telly or computer.
Herself fell asleep on the couch but now is glued to Location Location.

bekisman
13-May-10, 22:11
I have just visited the nineteenth century. A powercut of more than 6 hours has seen us using parafin lamps and candles for the last hour - no telly or computer.
Herself fell asleep on the couch but now is glued to Location Location.

Should have been with us John, got a 2.7kva Gennie; lovely!

trix
14-May-10, 00:22
hed a magic denner :cool:

dancin aboot 'e sittin-room now til some crackin tunes....ma guests left aboot 15 menids ago [lol]

ShelleyCowie
14-May-10, 00:24
i went to bed at 10.35pm feeling ill hopeful to get a good sleep. Back out of bed, no sleep yet because i can not stop coughing!!!!! :~(

Doctors tomorrow if i make it that long!!

Aaldtimer
14-May-10, 03:10
hed a magic denner

dancin aboot 'e sittin-room now til some crackin tunes....ma guests left aboot 15 menids ago

Didna make it to Lyth to see the Poozies then Trix?:confused

Ya stood me up then?;)

John Little
14-May-10, 20:50
I am just chilling out after my takeaway Chinese (again) The wumman is up in London with her girlies and will not be in until 10.00pm.

She's just rung me from Charing Cross and asked me to give her a ring at 9.35. This you understand is to wake her up because she falls asleep on the train. Once I had to go and get her from the end of the the line 10 miles away after midnight because she snored through her stop.

And on one notable foggy night she missed her stop and got off at Pluckley, the next stop down the line. Pluckley is supposed to be the most haunted place in Britain..... I went to get her and she was very very glad to see me for in truth it is a lonely spot and t'was gae misty and dark.......In the meantime I surf the web and listen to the greatest tenor ever and the greatest contralto ever alternately.....

ducati
14-May-10, 21:08
Pulling my 4x4 to bits and chasing the tin worm :lol:

I too, am an accomplished train stop snoozer thruer :eek:

John Little
15-May-10, 09:20
Herself is going absent again. Apparently Sir Desmond Wilcox, conductor, is 90 and this provides a good excuse to have a party. Several thousand people are going to get together in the Royal Albert Hall, all afternoon for a rehearsal and then tonight they are all going to sing fit to bust.

Well she likes it.

Me? To the paperwork later but first to repair some damage done to her car's snout. Actually I have already repaired it so I have to spray and laquer it.

I think I shall get the bike out first and go and get a paper - though I don't know why.

I see the Sun was on about 'Sandal wearing Liberals' yesterday.
God they look down on us don't they? They really think we are stupid and their outdated hate and sterotypes can sway us.

From yesterday's press you'd think the government had failed already- they really do not like outcome they have not brought about.

Enough of this foolishness - I have to get on with the day.....!

ducati
15-May-10, 09:22
Apparently Sir Desmond Wilcox, conductor, is 90 and this provides a good excuse to have a party.

I hope it is not a suprise party :eek: He might not make 91.

John Little
15-May-10, 23:08
Oh boy - it's going to be a late night.
Madam just phoned to say that the two large ladies she is with did not want to hoof it down to the tube station so they waited 15 minutes for a bus.

It did not go all the way to Charing Cross.
So they got a taxi which then got stuck in the traffic.
And it cost £25 to get from the Albert Hall to Charing Cross.

And the train leaves at 11.10.

So she will not be in until 12.30am.

ARRGH! [disgust]

trix
15-May-10, 23:25
i hed 'e bairns in 'e neighbourhood oot til 'e beach aday...they were in sweemin in 'e rain!! :eek: madness - they were delited wi' themsels tho.

ma car is full o' sand, will hev til gie'ed a hoover tomoro. apparently ma faither did his at half 9 'iss mornin :mad:

sittin wi an indian denner ifanow, gona tuck intil ma lamb tikka chasni an' watch a film...catch me if ye can.

i mean, 'ats 'e name o' 'e film :)

Dadie
15-May-10, 23:30
m still up because my wee boy is getting his first teeth.... why are they so painful coming in... looking after them... getting them filled..root canal treatment..etc.etc..etc ...and then getting a dentist.:eek:

John Little
16-May-10, 14:47
So we went down to Appldore to pick up the bedding box which my father in law painted white many years ago - the old Philistine! We thought the box was teak but it is not - now that it's has a bath in acid stuff it's clearly something else. The dipping guy thinks it might be camphorwood.

Father in law brought it home during the war but he is such a bodger! Probably he wanted it to go with the decor but gloss paint!

My perfectly organised administrator lady had egg of her face this morning though. I dropped her at the gym for step aerobics at 10.00 and went round to the supermarket - where she joined me 10 minutes later. The class had started at 8.45 and ended at 9.45!!!!

On the way home paid the builder guy who has just done a maintenance on our roof which is looking good- peg tiles do need looking over every few years.

Since then I have polished the car repair I did yesterday with T cut and it is looking good, put the ladders away, heaved compost about, chiselled some mortar, swept the garage, fed some bones to the fox - and now it's paperwork!!.

I am not fond of paperwork. [disgust]

Blarney
16-May-10, 20:37
Am very surprised that you have time to do paperwork John, you must be the most prolific poster on the org!! :lol:

John Little
16-May-10, 21:40
LOL! I do not think I can or would even come close to claiming that distinction! There are some very tenacious and painstaking wordsmiths on this forum beside whom I am a complete dilettante!

wifie
16-May-10, 22:30
You dinna swear either - it shows in yer vocabulary! ;)

ducati
16-May-10, 23:50
Getting shouted at by orgers for the second day in a row :eek:

ShelleyCowie
16-May-10, 23:51
Getting shouted at by orgers for the second day in a row :eek:

DUCATI SIT DOWN!!!!!!!!!

Like that? [lol]

Blarney
17-May-10, 00:05
LOL! I do not think I can or would even come close to claiming that distinction! There are some very tenacious and painstaking wordsmiths on this forum beside whom I am a complete dilettante!
Considering your comparatively new status as an orger you have managed to amass a fair amount of posts so stop being so modest! :lol:

John Little
17-May-10, 08:48
Hm - you may be right.
I think I shall incline to be more abstemious.

John Little
21-May-10, 21:44
Sometimes it is good to do summat different. So I said to herself when I picked her up from the station, 'why don't we have dinner at a pub?' instead of slumping down in front of the box.

So we went to the Munday Bois and I have had two nice pints, a nice lamb steak with trimmings, and creme brulee. God is in his heaven and all is right with the world; save the odd polemic or two.

And I went looking for our snake when we got home because R saw him two days ago and he is about 2 feet long - but I think he's gone to bed under the rockery.

Good forecast tomorrow too.

Dadie
21-May-10, 22:36
Vet twice for Poppy dog...
Paddling pool in the garden for the girls..Iona was in before I could remove her shoes/socks/nappy:lol:
My washing on the line had to be dried twice as the girls soaked it with the garden hose.
Iona turned blue with cold but refused to get out the paddling pool and Lauren put the small slide in the pool... great fun...and clean kids at the end...win/win situation!
Not much housework or anything else got done as constant supervision was needed.

John Little
22-May-10, 15:13
My wife and I rode our bikes early this morning to go and get an Independent and a lottery ticket and as we went down the lane the sun came out and a cuckoo sounded.

It must be summer.

Then there was another cuckoo on my computer.

A perfect day.

trix
22-May-10, 19:44
i took a runy up til thurso aday til 'e aurora shop as i hev a voucher til spend.

am choost contemplatin on fit'l do enicht. i hed a party last nite an still hev til wash ma kitchen floor an recycle all 'e bottles.

oh ma gaud, flashback hittin me......! i hed 'e polis in last nite, tellin me til turn 'e music doon :mad: (cringe)

oops, i forgot aboot 'at. it wis mighty loud tho....pink floyed - the wall, it wis. they said noone complained, they were choost in 'e neighbourhood an thot it a tad loud....
maybe it wis us, singin fie 'e tops o' wur loungs, it wis aboot 4 in 'e mornin :lol:

da ken will i go oot enite or sit in wi' an indian.

i look far too guid aday til put masel til waste, hev ma high heel on an ivrythin.....maybe a few in 'e stairs then :lol:

ducati
22-May-10, 20:51
DUCATI SIT DOWN!!!!!!!!!

Like that? [lol]

Can I stand up again now, my legs are cramped and I have pins and needles in my bum? :eek:

John Little
22-May-10, 20:54
i took a runy up til thurso aday til 'e aurora shop as i hev a voucher til spend.

am choost contemplatin on fit'l do enicht. i hed a party last nite an still hev til wash ma kitchen floor an recycle all 'e bottles.

oh ma gaud, flashback hittin me......! i hed 'e polis in last nite, tellin me til turn 'e music doon :mad: (cringe)

oops, i forgot aboot 'at. it wis mighty loud tho....pink floyed - the wall, it wis. they said noone complained, they were choost in 'e neighbourhood an thot it a tad loud....
maybe it wis us, singin fie 'e tops o' wur loungs, it wis aboot 4 in 'e mornin :lol:

da ken will i go oot enite or sit in wi' an indian.

i look far too guid aday til put masel til waste, hev ma high heel on an ivrythin.....maybe a few in 'e stairs then :lol:

oh go on out! ye are clearly young an choost a party animal sa get yursell oot on e town an enjoy ourself!

John Little
23-May-10, 09:18
I deeply regret to inform you that once again I have failed to win the National Lottery. It is true that I only do a one line lucky dip.
It is also true that I won £97 on it last year.

But the persistent drip-drip-drip of weeks where I get no number at all, like this week, is dispiriting.

Never mind - I tell my wife I won the lottery when I met her, upon which she accuses me of being oily, but one day it will be mine!

It's a beautiful day out there. We are going to town soon for a stroll in the sun and I shall buy an Independent.

I used to flip the Guardian and find that I did not particularly wish to read the numerous articles on twaddle. I also objected to the magazine which is full of impossibly designed and priced clothes that none but the most complete female lunatic would wear, as well as knick-knacks for well-heeled Socialists.

And the swearing.

But I actually read the paper yesterday so I shall stick with the Independent despite it having Howard Jacobson in it whose take on the Middle East I dislike.

And I keep going out into the garden to try and surprise our snake. But he hides.

I think I'll call him Sidney.

ducati
23-May-10, 09:55
I deeply regret to inform you that once again I have failed to win the National Lottery. It is true that I only do a one line lucky dip.
It is also true that I won £97 on it last year.

But the persistent drip-drip-drip of weeks where I get no number at all, like this week, is dispiriting.

Never mind - I tell my wife I won the lottery when I met her, upon which she accuses me of being oily, but one day it will be mine!

It's a beautiful day out there. We are going to town soon for a stroll in the sun and I shall buy an Independent.

I used to flip the Guardian and find that I did not particularly wish to read the numerous articles on twaddle. I also objected to the magazine which is full of impossibly designed and priced clothes that none but the most complete female lunatic would wear, as well as knick-knacks for well-heeled Socialists.

And the swearing.

But I actually read the paper yesterday so I shall stick with the Independent despite it having Howard Jacobson in it whose take on the Middle East I dislike.

And I keep going out into the garden to try and surprise our snake. But he hides.

I think I'll call him Sidney.

I've never done the lottory but I did pick numbers, I count up every week they don't win to see how much I have not lost :lol:

As a strategy for getting rich it is right up there with doing nothing and saving your money :eek:

John Little
25-May-10, 12:07
John is going to lunch. He is hungry.

He will look for some gefilte fish, or maybe a pastrami sandwich - perhaps some matzos and cheese.

He likes matzos.

I wonder what other people like for lunch?

wicker8
25-May-10, 12:13

Seen in Portgower yesterday!.......[lol]hi john this made my day just hilarious

John Little
25-May-10, 12:32
I like it too - I have it as my desktop at the moment.

I had a prawn sandwich with salad and an apple turnover and a cup of tea. Very nice it was.

Dadie
25-May-10, 20:13
Trying to remove sudocream and toothpaste that has been clarted over the bathroom carpet.
Been to the dentist today and had my tooth fixed again!
about 3 loads of washing yet to be fed to the washing machine tonight:(
Made about 100 fairy cakes today!
Going to open a bottle of red tonight and unwind...I think we deserve it!
Even though its a school night..

John Little
26-May-10, 09:35
My mother tells me that when I was small she made a tray of fairy cakes and left them out while she talked to the neighbour. When she came back they had all gone- she found the sponge and the wings behind the sofa but all the buttercream had been licked out.......

This morning I had to stop in a country lane about 10 feet wide because there was a full length juggernaut coming at me with a tail of cars behind. Unlike civilised Caithness there are no passing places and I had to reverse uphill into someone's drive to let him pass. Further up the road narrows to about 8 feet - heaven knows what happened next.

Clear restricted access and no lorries sign at the entrance to the lane.

I just wanted a celestial traffic warden to descend with a flap of leathery wings and cart the whole thing to a pound in the middle of Patagonia as the driver gibbered in terror whilst wetting his trews.

I guess I am of a vindictive nature.

Dadie
28-May-10, 21:41
Panic baking and party food prep....
Had to send my hubby to tescos for candles..omg what a bad mum forgetting the candles!
29 kids for the party tommorrow!
will have sandwiches to do tommorrow morning:lol:
So far have 5lb of sausages cooked and cut up
over 100 fairy cakes (1/2 plain & 1/2 chocolate) iced
2 packs of cheese cut up
3 punnets of strawberries hulled
3 bunches of grapes washed
2 trays of top hats done (marshmallows with smarties on top)
My mum is doing the sausage rolls and the egg sandwiches...
Lots of crisps, diluting juice, tea, coffee and sweeties ready to go ...
Birthday cake...
Anything I have forgotten???

Tubthumper
28-May-10, 21:50
Prepping a navigation exercise for tomorrow. Looks like it will be damp and cold. Just the way I like it!

'If it ain't rainin', we ain't trainin'!'

Dadie
29-May-10, 21:43
Chilling out!
Kids party (30 ish small children Under 2 to 6 yo) from 12-2pm
Went well ... everyone looked like they had fun... Party sort of ran itself... buffet food... bouncy castles...cake...stickerbooks/story books
once the kids went I had a go on the bouncy castle:lol:
I had 2 very tired little girls who never even protested once at bedtime, I, hope the other parents have a nice peaceful night too:lol:
No one ate proper food in our house today though and I am now wanting salad!.... no cake, jelly, crisps for a week at least!

John Little
09-Jun-10, 06:48
I suppose I can sort of stretch the rules a bit and bring this back to the day?
It kind of sunk doon in my absence.

This weekend my wife and myself went and looked at East Ruston garden in Norfolk, which is by far and away the best garden that I have seen in life. And I am not a gardener- if you ever get a chance to see it - then do- for you will not regret it.

We also visited Blickling Hall - a wonderful Jacobean confection that used to belong to the Earl of Lothian - fantastic!

Monday I got sore feet visiting the Natural History museum in newish sandals - they need more wearing in.

Yesterday I was 9 hours on a coach with a group to Lulworth Cove in Dorset and today I go to accompany Art on the beach at Westgate on sea.

Never a dull moment it seems - but I am getting tired!

marwill
09-Jun-10, 08:57
You couldn't have picked at better time to visit East Ruston gardens, this is the best time, although to see them in the autumn when all the leaves are changing colour is something else. I have seen that grow over the last 20 years. Did you have a tea at Blickling. Lovely old Hall it is.
You have brought back some memories for me today.

wee sparkle
09-Jun-10, 10:08
Im now on the org, a place i havn't visited in a while! :eek: and i'm enjoying the only day off i have this week haha :D oh the joy of summer jobs!

John Little
09-Jun-10, 21:09
No - we had a lemonade at Blickling and tea at East Ruston - very nice too - and they don't diddle you for it was good value.

Today was strange.

Art on the beach did not happen because some poor soul threw themselves under a train near Margate and the whole line came to a halt.
After a while we gave up and went to Fort Amherst, a Napoleonic fortress in Chatham which was walking distance.

The fort itself was interesting but what happened was weird.

A couple of months back a fellow orger sent me some photos of floating globes that appeared when he took snaps inside his house.

Well today several people were taking photos inside the caves at the fortress which are supposed to be haunted. I had no camera with me but the people who did were getting floating orbs all over the place - some very bright indeed. In a day or so I should be able to get some copies and post them here.

Most Odd!!

marwill
09-Jun-10, 21:23
Pleased you enjoyed your Norfolk trip John.
Today I was taken out by two very good friends for a birthday meal.
They also brought a chocolate cake and bottle of wine for when we returned home. Very tasty.:lol::lol:

kjandcrew
09-Jun-10, 21:54
I used to live in the town next to Chatham - had a fab halloween party at the fort many years ago - nice to read someone has visited my home town - hope you had a good time. ;)

John Little
09-Jun-10, 22:01
Small world! Yes - it was a good tour of the caverns- they do weddings there now too.

But the photo of me with 3 orbs round me has fairly rocked me I tell you!

northener
09-Jun-10, 22:12
We used to live on the Isle of Sheppey. I always enjoyed visiting Chatham Dockyard, a fascinating place for a crusty old sea-git like me.

bekisman
09-Jun-10, 22:21
Pleased you enjoyed your Norfolk trip John.
Today I was taken out by two very good friends for a birthday meal.
They also brought a chocolate cake and bottle of wine for when we returned home. Very tasty.:lol::lol:

Lucky you! - funnily enough mrs Beks and I were out having a birthday meal too! small world ;)

kjandcrew
10-Jun-10, 14:15
Good grief, Sheerness as well ;) In my punk days i had loads of fun in The Tap [lol] Small world it is indeed!!!

John Little
10-Jun-10, 18:12
Sore feet again but a very good day. Round Kew Gardens and no problems on the M25. The rain held off and we saw the oldest pot plant in the world! Huge thing belonging to Sir Joseph Banks originally.
Lots of ferns, Cacao, Vanilla pods, a Lizard, huge fish - and plants that eat rats.

Very handy round the place I think.

And the ice cream was good.

Tomorrow it's Howletts Zoo then life returns to normal.

I am absolutely exhausted!

Blarney
10-Jun-10, 23:45
No - we had a lemonade at Blickling and tea at East Ruston - very nice too - and they don't diddle you for it was good value.

Today was strange.

Art on the beach did not happen because some poor soul threw themselves under a train near Margate and the whole line came to a halt.
After a while we gave up and went to Fort Amherst, a Napoleonic fortress in Chatham which was walking distance.

The fort itself was interesting but what happened was weird.

A couple of months back a fellow orger sent me some photos of floating globes that appeared when he took snaps inside his house.

Well today several people were taking photos inside the caves at the fortress which are supposed to be haunted. I had no camera with me but the people who did were getting floating orbs all over the place - some very bright indeed. In a day or so I should be able to get some copies and post them here.

Most Odd!!
Can't wait to see these John!

John Little
11-Jun-10, 06:37
My colleague has them on her camera but the battery ran out last night. She's promised me I can have them tonight.

John Little
11-Jun-10, 20:07
As I type I am uploading some photos which follow in a few minutes.
I said earlier that a fellow Orger sent me some photos in which were some floating Orbs. So some background.

The other day I was in Fort Amhurst in Chatham- they do paranormal tours there.

I asked the lady who was guiding us round what the tours involved.
She said that the place was haunted and that she had seen things. I asked what she had seen and she answered 'floating orbs'.

I asked if she had seen them with the naked eye and she answered that she had. But they were not always visible to the naked eye - people picked them up on cameras.

Well I was sceptical - then a colleague started to take photos.

And there were orbs on it.

Considering what I had been sent from Caithness I was rather rocked back by this.

So I asked her to clean her lens and make sure that there was no dust or condensation on it.

The first picture was taken before the lens was cleaned.

The rest are taken after.

They are loading to Photobucket and I will post them in order as soon as I can.

John Little
11-Jun-10, 20:18
Before the lens was cleaned.

http://i927.photobucket.com/albums/ad118/johnlittle21/fort%20amherst/P6090323.jpg

John Little
11-Jun-10, 20:19
After the lens was cleaned.

http://i927.photobucket.com/albums/ad118/johnlittle21/fort%20amherst/P6090333.jpg

John Little
11-Jun-10, 20:20
I'm in this one. And nothing visible to me.

http://i927.photobucket.com/albums/ad118/johnlittle21/fort%20amherst/P6090318.jpg

John Little
11-Jun-10, 20:24
And there are others. The orbs do not stay in the same places on the camera lens as might be expected with droplets.

Most odd!

Bobinovich
11-Jun-10, 22:10
Could it be the flash picking up dust in the air? The walls look quite light so the dust particles could also be similarly light, hence magnifying the effect of the flash ...

Just a thought

Would have been worth using the video function if it also could use flash - if so you'd see their path.

Bobinovich
11-Jun-10, 22:10
Could it be the flash picking up dust in the air? The walls look quite light so the dust particles could also be similarly light, hence magnifying the effect of the flash an d...

Just a thought

John Little
11-Jun-10, 22:13
Aye - my Caithness pal suggested that about his photos - but lots of other photos have no orbs at all and the walls were damp chalk - no discernable dust at all.

Video is a thought though - I'll ask around and see if anyone did that.

But of course the guide said she had seen them with naked eye.....

Blarney
12-Jun-10, 00:08
Very interesting John! I've heard of orbs but haven't really seen them before.

wifie
12-Jun-10, 00:10
I have seen them on pics and I think they are spooky too. Dust theory doesn't seem to hold for me!

John Little
12-Jun-10, 08:04
I am shattered after this week. Yesterday I went to Howletts zoo and saw a baby elephant 3 weeks old whose existence has not been given to the press. It was born weighing 13 stone and was trotting round a reinforced pen with its mum. An older sibling also wanted to be with mum - I never saw an elephant try to climb a fence before!

Wandering among the lemurs was fun too - walking through their enclosure they come down to try to get into your bag and steal your food. Cheeky wee beggars

The tigers were running round their area and it looked very easy to me for them to jump over their fence - but I suppose they are safe enough.

But gorillas- so many of them - it was like a football fans' convention. Big silverback sitting balefully in the middle glowering that he was in charge.

Today will be easy - bit of strimming, edging and fixing machines!!

John Little
12-Jun-10, 16:28
My friend on the Org has given me permission to put this photo up - one of the Orb photos from Caithness. He's in the others so I cannot do those.

http://i927.photobucket.com/albums/ad118/johnlittle21/THESHED1813JUNE002.jpg

John Little
14-Jun-10, 17:58
I decided this day that I am going to get a Macbook Pro. On 3 July I shall head for the Apple shop at Bluewater and get one with discount. I am fed up with ever slowing PCs and laptops whose registry stores up rubbish and gets slower and slower. So, having heard nothing but good about them, a Mac I shall have.

But I do not think I shall take out a mobile broadband package yet. The best performing and best value according to Which appears to be Virgin. But in one year I retire and we shall be homeless - it seems logical to take out a contract then because if we rent in between houses I shall not want a landline.

I thought of trying out a Pay as you go dongle but they all seem rather slow. I suppose they work on the same principle as pat as you go phones in that you only pay for the time you are on? In theory that would be ok for limited use on the go - but do I need it yet?

Since I am paying for broadband at home I think it not likely.

But the Mac I shall get because I want to learn my way round it.

Turquoise
14-Jun-10, 22:11
I saw three orbs drift down from the ceiling in my dad's house about 7 years ago and it was quite an amazing sight. Taking a scientific approach I shut my eyes, blinked rapidly, walked around them and they just carried on drifting down like bubbles. Once they reached chest height they disappeared. I like to think that I am of very sane mind and body, but these I cannot explain! No sceptic I have met has ever come up with any 'theory' to disprove this. They were the most beautiful sight I have ever seen and have given me the 'proof' that I need to believe there are people watchng over me.

John Little
14-Jun-10, 22:16
I have seen a ghost and that taught me a lesson- namely that I cannot explain everything.

Your experience sounds fascinating.

I really do not have any explanation that satisfies for those orbs the other day.

John Little
19-Jun-10, 16:53
Gulp!

Well I've been and gorn and done it now.

I heard that VAT is going up to 20% on Tuesday so I bought a Mac Book online. Not cheap! :eek:

But I've been saving for it a long time and decided that the gubbermint was not going to get any more out of me!

glaikit
19-Jun-10, 18:12
I have seen a ghost and that taught me a lesson- namely that I cannot explain everything.

Your experience sounds fascinating.

I really do not have any explanation that satisfies for those orbs the other day.

Tell us more about your experience, John. Would be interested to know what happened.

John Little
19-Jun-10, 19:40
You wish to know of the ghost I saw?

Well here is a gift for sceptics then – and I ought to know for I was one.

There have been a few strange things that have happened to me, but I always dismissed them until the year 2000. I did not believe in ghosts.

My wife and I decided that London was dirty, overcrowded and no place to grow old, so we bought a cottage in Kent. We were only there 18 months for it turned out to be on a very busy road and was the greatest mistake we ever made. We sold it to a couple who did not mind traffic.

The night we moved in, the place was piled high with boxes and I put a mattress on the floor of the front bedroom. No-one had slept in there for 16 years- the husband of the woman we bought it off had died of leukaemia in 1984. His mark was everywhere – he had converted and modernised the cottage and his old work apron, full of webs and dust, was still on a hook in the garage.

The first night that we moved in, as I put out the light to go upstairs and ooked at the black windows, I felt a strange shiver up my spine as if I were being watched. I dismissed it because I was not used to living in the country and put it down to first night in a new house.

At 3.00am a man in jeans and tee-shirt with blond hair burst into our room shouting that I was sleeping with his wife. In vain I protested that the blonde beside me was my wife and not his. He kicked me hard in the testicles – and I woke with a start and felt the sensation as if a feather had kicked me between the legs. I dismissed it as a bad dream.

My wife wanted a shelf put up on Saturday afternoon after we moved in. So I to the garage – down the garden, across the yard and set up the workmate in the door of the garage to saw. Marked the wood and commenced to cut- when on the edge of my vision was a man in the doorway, outlined by the bright sunlight. I looked up and he was not there.

Trick of the light.

I put my head down and carried on sawing. He was there again.
I looked up and there was no-one.

Angry – me into the yard thinking someone had come through the gate from the road- but no-one there.
That was the start – I kept on seeing him – and at the same time that strange shiver in the upper part of my back.

After a couple of weeks – laugh if you will- I had had enough. I took a very stiff belt of Glenfiddich and into the yard in pitch black midnight. The shiver was almost overwhelming and the urge to run astonishing. But I had my conversation – unanswered. It was my wife. We had bought the house. Accept it and you are welcome – I don’t mind etc.

Imagination – the night turned friendlier????

End of problem.

Except – me with a sore throat and a mixture of gargling whisky and cough mixture in me one bright afternoon told the wife when she brought me a cup of tea.

And she screamed at me in anger that I should not have told her and she would be afraid to come home in the dark. I calmed her and promised not to mention it again – we were selling the house, having made the decision after 2 weeks there for the fact we could not hear ourselves in the garden for traffic.

And soon after to Cuba for a holiday.

I am on a white sun-lounger under a thatched beach umbrella, cuddling a pinacolada when she tells me – if you mention this again I shall be angry – but the reason I freaked was that I had been seeing him too.

So it was both of us.
Not my imagination.

So home to find that my stepson who was supposed to be living in the house while we were away was not there. And a long kitchen knife in the downstairs bedroom.

Watching television the first night he had felt someone watching him from outside. He phoned my step-daughter at uni. I know – I feel it too- go into my room It’s not so bad there.

Explains the knife. What use it was I do not know. Humans want a weapon to face what they fear.

So to moving day October 25 2001.

I am washing some dishes in the sink and the back door is 3 feet away from me – I expect the meter-reader. It is bright and sunny.

A man is in the doorway on the edge of my vision.
I turn – no-one is there.

I turn back to wash the dishes. At no point did I ever feel fear in any of his appearances after our ‘talk’.
Less than a minute later he is back – and I smile down at the dishes and say;
‘come to say goodbye have you?’
I turn to look at him but he’s not there.

That’s the last time I saw him.

That night I learn something about women.

Over champagne the couple buying our house ask ‘It’s a lovely house – has it got a ghost?’
And with a perfectly straight face my wife says ‘No’. and I just look, realising that she is the most accomplished of liars!

‘What a pity’ says the purchaser. ‘We’ve got one now and we like having one.’

I am no longer afraid of ghosts.

Occasionally I still get that little shiver at the top of my spine….

Cue the sceptics......

Dadie
19-Jun-10, 21:11
Just back at 3am from our little holiday!
Had a fun day out at blairdrummond safari park!
Well worth a visit.
Lauren was amused with the lodge we had while down there as it was an upside down house!
Then we went down near Blackpool visiting reles... Iona loved the little rides on the central pier.. god help me when she is older...
Lauren was scared of the plastic shark at the start to the sealife centre but loved the fishes when we were in!
I shopped....shoppped ...shopped...and was really chuffed to fit in size 8 jeans in peacocks (I know they are really big made ..but still...I bought 2 pairs....)
We are relaxing and hoping everyone will stay in their own beds tonight as we had musical beds while away!

aburns2409
19-Jun-10, 21:26
Ah wio this thread has really lightened my mood... Tonight i found out that someone i have grown close too is not what i thought - i am so surprised and completely disappointed...
Came on here - listening to Cavalleria Rusticana and loving it..
John - luvly story - i believe and thank you for sharing your story with us... Daddy - yes Blair drummond safari park is nice - our kids love flamingo land in york....
Hope everyone has a pleasant evening...
Thank you all for cheering my night up xxx

glaikit
19-Jun-10, 21:56
Thanks for replying John. I believe you, as I've no reason not to. You seem perfectly sane to me ;). Did it affect your life afterwards? I mean does it alter your view of the world having had an experience like that?

John Little
19-Jun-10, 22:10
Yes it does alter your view.
That's inevitable.

For one - I no longer scoff at stuff that other people tell me or assume they have overactive imaginations or are liars or attention seekers.

It also helps me make sense of a few other things that happened in my life that I have not been open to.

Strangely it is comforting too. I can place my hand on my heart and tell you that the idea of death does not frighten me - it has encouraged a sort of view that I view as stoic - I know there is an end for me as well as everyone - but I live my life because there is no point in being afraid.

And I know that on the very rare occasion when I go into a place and I get a weird shiver that is not caused by cold between the nape of my neck and the mid of my shoulder blades, that it is not fear, because I recognise it.

Dadie
20-Jun-10, 21:27
Doing the after a holiday washing.... 3 loads done...more to go:(
1 bag to unpack yet... not sure whats clean or dirty in there so its all to be washed!

Phill
20-Jun-10, 22:42
Just washing down my rare treat of a dinner with a cup of hot tea.
I cooked for us a hearty heart attack on a plate:

Sausages (from our own piggers)
Bacon
Fried egg (our own chicken eggs)
Fried mushrooms (though not for me as I don't do fungi)
Haggis
Beans
Potato Wedges
Fried tattie scones

M'mmm

I'm now spying a bottle of wine to enjoy once I've finished my cup o' tea.

(yup, diet starts Monday)

The Drunken Duck
20-Jun-10, 23:14
I have spent my evening disproving popular theories.

For instance there are those who say that you cant have your cake and eat it .. Well today I bought two cakes and I ate both of them earlier. These are the same people who also maintain that a watched kettle never boils. Yes it does, I sat and watched mine boil earlier, then I did it again to prove it wasn't a fluke.

These people are Idiots.

Then earlier I told a ridiculously drunk friend of mine in the Pub that if he held his glass up to his ear he could hear the sea. He then promptly poured a vodka and coke in his left ear. As he then struggled to hear anything through that particular ear I convinced him (by shouting in his right ear) that a mixture of Vodka and Coke makes you deaf. He then nodded and collapsed on the floor ten seconds later, probably due to a complete collapse in his internal stability sensors. I suspect this was due to being utterly blasted and trying to nod while holding his head horizontal to allow said drink to exit his ear.

Not sure what that last one disproved actually. It was just funny.

wifie
20-Jun-10, 23:16
Number one is soooooooo wrong - if you ate them both then you don't have any cake do you? Stick to the voddies my friend! ;)

John Little
21-Jun-10, 22:00
I had decided that I was going to buy a Mac at the beginning of July. But of course I heard that Mr Osborne was going to raise VAT tomorrow and I decided if that was the case I would save myself £30.

Of course it is not patriotic - I should be inclined to pay the increase in order to pay off the deficit but hey - I decided they should tax the bankers to do that.

But Lo! It appears that I was eligible for a discount - which was welcome. And I find that if I buy a Mac Book between now and September I can also have an Ipod touch for £150 which is normal price - but on receipt of the goods I email them and they refund me £130. So the Ipod cost me £20.

That's online shopping for you.

I was not going to get an Ipod but hey - at £20 can I grumble. I find myself looking forward to its arrival.......absurd!

I doubt I shall use it much for music but surfing the web - we shall see.

WEith my Mac VGA cable and Office for Mac I am good to go.

I think I'll get myself a wireless router... any recommendations for an idiot-proof installation?

Watcha doing? :Razz

aburns2409
22-Jun-10, 08:55
Hi John - i hav bt internet which was fine - just follow the instructions - but my mum changed to PLUSNET - fantastic deal and no disc to run - just plug in scan for wireless provider fire in key end off - couldn't believe how simple it was, angela x

squidge
22-Jun-10, 10:48
I am avoiding the housework. After four weekends away from home on the trot the place looks like a tip. We have a party planned for Friday night and so it needs to be looking tidy but i just havent the energy. Dirleton Castle last weekend and what turned out to be the best show of the year so far. Dirleton is however on the top of a very large rock and loads of wonky stone steps and places that a 2 and half year old can fall off. Cue stressed squidge all weekend.. shattered now

_Ju_
22-Jun-10, 11:45
I was not going to get an Ipod but hey - at £20 can I grumble. I find myself looking forward to its arrival.......absurd!

I doubt I shall use it much for music but surfing the web - we shall see.

Try listening to books. I read about 2 books a week if I have the time. But time seems more scarce as I get older. By listening to them on my mp3 player, I can be busy and yet be "reading". I love my mp3 player!

John Little
22-Jun-10, 12:05
Now that is an idea that has 'EXCELLENT' written all over it. I have Pepy's Diary on this machine - guess where it's going next.

I love reading a snippet of Pepys just before bed - often sends me off with a smile. I have the version that is free online but I'd love to get hold of the unexpurgated version online. I have a book of it and some of it is very frank indeed!

And some more books

Class idea!

Dadie
24-Jun-10, 21:47
We had an emergency haircut appointment today after Lauren cut Iona's hair with her scissors she uses for snipping paper.
And I was at the dentists... I was a big wimp and whimpered and moaned at the anesthetic jabs (4 of) mouth hurts more now though:(
Nursery party tommorrow to look forward to so made 6 pints of jelly for that!

Dadie
26-Jun-10, 22:37
Euan has cut his first tooth today!
At last....
and ouch.....

John Little
26-Jun-10, 22:48
I wince in sympathy......

Today was hot and I cut an awful lot of grass. I also cut the traffic island outside cos the council never does it.

I chased a baby rabbit out of the currant bush and wondered if I should carry on feeding peanuts to the greater spotted woodpeckers - they do seem to be getting rather fat.

The baby robins who took over the garage seem to have left so we can put the cars back in tomorrow. And we have tadpoles in the pond - loads of them.

Dadie
26-Jun-10, 22:59
My aunt in town has a rascally rabbit in her garden who needs to be evicted asap!
She usually has loads and loads of pot plants that are a really good display but the bunny has eaten them all.
Tried a jack russell....next is snares and traps!

Tubthumper
27-Jun-10, 00:51
I have a stoat on call. I can give you her number if you like. Very quick, fairly clean and absolutely no trace of rabbits left.

sweetpea
27-Jun-10, 01:32
Rabbits have to make a living too! At least it's only plants they are taking:roll:

Alan16
27-Jun-10, 01:39
Rabbits have to make a living too! At least it's only plants they are taking:roll:

But where does it end? First they take the plants, then they'll start taking our jobs, and destroying our culture. We can't let this happen! WHERE DOES IT END?!?!

Too dramatic...?

John Little
27-Jun-10, 16:19
Wonders if the team that calls itself 'England' lose - then will sanity return to everyday life?

Will the white vans lose their flags?

Will the yobboes return to yelling incoherently as is their wont instead of 'INGER_LAAAAAARND'?

Will the British stop taunting each other with 17th century rivalries?

They are not England of course.
England is a place with geographical boundaries.

To call themselves 'England' seems rather arrogant.

Especially since, to paraphrase Franklin Roosevelt -

'Why they are nothing more than a football team - and not a very good one either.'

Mik.M.
27-Jun-10, 16:25
Watcha doin? Not watching bloody football,thats what. Mik.

John Little
27-Jun-10, 17:02
And when I woke up on Monday the world was sane again.

Facebook is full of weeping millions, wailing and gnashing of teeth in the outer darkness.

The England team will be ceremonially buried when they get home.

I willna be there!

The Drunken Duck
27-Jun-10, 17:11
I am having a BBQ. Couple of mates are coming round.

I have got two dozen bottles of beer in the fridge, three large bottles of diet coke, a bottle of Morgans Spice, a bottle of Jack Daniels and loads of ice. And some Malibu in case their girlfriends turn up.

Best go get some burgers, sausages, rolls, coleslaw, relish and maybe even some steaks now I suppose .. :D

ShelleyCowie
27-Jun-10, 17:39
Just finished dinner, it was a rather emergency dinner as i havent been shopping since we got home from holiday. But still filled a hole in my belly! Athrun eating his angel delight and already im getting the bath prepared lol.

Oh and i ate a yum yum!!! aint had one in years. Was mighty lovely :)

trix
27-Jun-10, 23:12
BLAIZIN.....:eek:

John Little
28-Jun-10, 08:36
I don't believe it!

30 degrees out there and I have a sore throat, runny nose and thick head.

In short - a summer cold!

Who is in charge up there!?

wifie
28-Jun-10, 11:14
Phew well done, John, not man flu then? (yet) :cool:

Bobinovich
28-Jun-10, 12:18
Catching up on a year's accounts :roll: - taxman wants his cut so got to get the books in order first. Thankfully it can mostly be done reclined on the couch with laptop and an IV of coffee :D

John Little
28-Jun-10, 12:28
Phew well done, John, not man flu then? (yet) :cool:

Only wimps get man flu.

I get revenge.

I'm at work - they gave it to me so they can have it back......

The Drunken Duck
28-Jun-10, 12:58
Just banked my Tax Rebate.

Nothing sweeter than getting money back from the Government .. :D

wifie
28-Jun-10, 15:18
Only wimps get man flu.

I get revenge.

I'm at work - they gave it to me so they can have it back......

Just in time for the hols - oh yer a mean one! ;)

wifie
28-Jun-10, 15:20
Catching up on a year's accounts :roll: - taxman wants his cut so got to get the books in order first. Thankfully it can mostly be done reclined on the couch with laptop and an IV of coffee :D

'At's funny - you do most things like that! ;)

squidge
28-Jun-10, 15:32
Am recovering.:(

We had a bbq for 60 people here at the house on Friday night - got to bed 2.30am.

We were at a ceilidh in Grantown-on-spey on Saturday night - arrived home 3.00am

We were at a friends house for chinese food last night - bed at 00.05am.

Had to take eldest son to work this morning - up at 05.45.

Have done nothing today and i am going to bed at 20.30.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzz

laguna2
28-Jun-10, 15:40
Am recovering.:(

We had a bbq for 60 people here at the house on Friday night - got to bed 2.30am.

We were at a ceilidh in Grantown-on-spey on Saturday night - arrived home 3.00am

We were at a friends house for chinese food last night - bed at 00.05am.

Had to take eldest son to work this morning - up at 05.45.

Have done nothing today and i am going to bed at 20.30.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzz

You hope!!!! :lol:

ShelleyCowie
28-Jun-10, 16:21
Im sitting on my buttocks relaxing! Fell asleep on the couch at 8pm last night, OH woke me at 10pm telling me to get to bed. Woke at 9.45am this morning! :eek: Was out the door by 10.15am, home at 3pm.

Think i may actually have to move and do something in the house today though, my poor house has been neglected :(

Iffy
28-Jun-10, 16:52
Well last night I started to read a book (kindly loaned to me from a fellow "Orger"). I began to read it at 8 o' clock........ kept reading it......... until it was almost 1 o' clock in the morning !!!!

(Yes, I actually finished it in one sitting !!!)

Kinda tired today......mmmmmm... wonder why ? LOL :roll:

Thanks for the loan of the book once again (you know who you are !) :)

wifie
28-Jun-10, 17:11
Im sitting on my buttocks relaxing!

Buttocks? Good choice for sitting down! :lol: :Razz

ShelleyCowie
28-Jun-10, 17:20
Buttocks? Good choice for sitting down! :lol: :Razz

I would normally say "finely formed buttocks" but i thought i would shorten it down! ;)

wifie
28-Jun-10, 17:23
I would normally say "finely formed buttocks" but i thought i would shorten it down! ;)

Thank heavens for brevity! :eek:

laguna2
28-Jun-10, 20:37
Watching the best bits of Glastonury 2010 - and singing along with "Sweet Child of Mine" :D

Dadie
28-Jun-10, 20:59
Suffering from toothache.
Was suffering on Thursday... saw the dentist....pain got worse...not better!
Dentist tommorrow at 3pm....
How am I going to sleep tonight... paracetamol just doesnt ease the pain.

John Little
28-Jun-10, 21:04
Extra strength Nurofen Dadie.

Failing that - take two Night Nurse cold remedy if your chemist is still open. They just knock you out....

I'm trying to keep cool down here.

Dadie
28-Jun-10, 21:10
Dont think im allowed anything stronger as im still feeding Euan!
Might give him a bottle though....
And one for me??:lol:
Its a minefield trying to get painkillers that actually kill the pain while still breastfeeding without actually seeing the doc for a prescription and it was hard enough getting a dentist appt without trying for a docs as well:lol:
Now chosen my poison of choice for tonight.... medicinal purposes only after negating the sleep inducing properties of a bottle of vodka (nasty stuff)
A nice cold white wine!

John Little
29-Jun-10, 13:55
I tried to cut a hedge for a friend this morning but it hath defeated my cutters which are comparatively lightweight, though petrol driven.
In the end I think he will have to bite the bullet and hire a heavyweight cutter because he has left it until the normal hedge branches are as thick as my fingers.
Not a job to let go.

In the meantime I browse one of my favourite sites and find this;

But Iohn tooke Guyes bow in his hand -
His arrowes were rawstye by the roote -;
The sheriffe saw Litle Iohn draw a bow
And fettle him to shoote.

Towards his house in Nottingham
He fled full fast away,
And soe did all his companye,
Not one behind did stay.

But he could neither soe fast goe,
Noraway soe fast runn,
But Litle Iohn, with an arrow broade,
Did cleave his heart in twinn.

Now that's the way to sort 'em out!
Fettle me to shoot eh?

http://www.contemplator.com/child/hood-guy.html

David Banks
29-Jun-10, 14:13
Based on posting with above title, I'm waiting to be called-up for service!

John Little
29-Jun-10, 17:55
Well this is quite good. I finally got round to getting a wireless router which is merrily glowing away in my 'office' by the PC.

However I am typing this from the sofa in my living room which is more comfortable and congenial.
Sooth it is that my wife is going to see a lot more of me from now on for she can sit square eyed in front of the box as is her wont and I can sit square eyed in front of a computer as is my pleasure.

Much more sociable all round.

And no - my Mac has not arrived yet. This is my work laptop :(

The Drunken Duck
29-Jun-10, 18:54
I fell down some stairs today, must have been quite funny to watch. Got distracted as I left my front door and missed the first step of the flight of internal stairs outside my flat. Landed in a heap at the bottom, got a sore back and arm now.

Ducks are not meant to walk down stairs, let alone drunk ones.

wifie
29-Jun-10, 22:19
Ducks are not meant to walk down stairs, let alone drunk ones.

You have drunk stairs? Stop washin' them in JD then! :roll:

John Little
30-Jun-10, 16:40
This is so unintelligent that I practically wrote the script for it a week ago.

I buy a Mac for scads of cash a week and a half ago.
It can be delivered by UPS any time up to 3 weeks in the future. They do not let you know when.

I work.
So does my wife.
UPS turn up at a moment of their own choosing. We are out.
Saw that one coming.

They do not deliver on Saturday.
When most people are not at work and can be home.

They leave a notice saying that they will call again- they do not say when.
If they fail to deliver the third time then they will charge you for any more.

Blackmail - you have to take time off work and be in to receive your own goods because they cannot be bothered to arrange an actual time slot with you. Of course you can ring up and do it - but must be Mon-Fri.

So I am going to pick it up myself tomorrow from UPS depot.

Which is very near the Apple shop.
I might as well have gone and bought it over the counter.

UPS - money for old rope!

Sporran
30-Jun-10, 16:57
UPS don't deliver here on Saturdays either, in the US, John. Not very convenient at all!! :confused

Enjoy your Mac when you do pick it up. I love mine! :D

John Little
03-Jul-10, 21:45
I am playing with my Mac and Ipod. Apps and music are downloading and synching with abandon.

It's all magic spells really - and a lot of fun.

This computer works- and it's fast too.

Watcha doing?

aburns2409
03-Jul-10, 22:17
That great John Little - boys and there new toys...
Well been a great weather day up in Thurso... Had the Castletown Gala tonight - 3 floats - they were all very well done.... Kids had a good day but were getting rather tired by 7 - so headed home...
Got all 5 of them sleeping and i am just heading to bed for an early night as my youngest was testing her mother during the night last night... :-) xx
Hope tomorrow will be a successful day at the back park bash in Castletown also - bouncy castle, fun and games hot dogs - anything to keep the kids amused.... xx
Hope everyone is having a totally chilling night - or having a great night out on the bevvy xxx

Dadie
03-Jul-10, 22:24
chilling watching Eli on DVD!
Been eaten by midgies at mum and dads ... so scratching my legs!

John Little
05-Jul-10, 17:42
So far today I have

Been to the doctor.
Scraped, sanded, washed and painted the porch wall outside.
Mended and cemented the pediment at the bottom of the garage.
Mended the drain in the yard- cementing into place
Cemented the loose brick back in the steps.
Had the sprinkler on all over the place.
Watered all the baskets,pots and the vegetable garden
Washed the front gates
Stained the front gates - woodstain goes on best with a cloth I discovered.
Downloaded loads of music.

Now I am going out to ride a couple of miles for exercise.

I filled today. Beer when I get back

Watcha doing?

John Little
05-Jul-10, 20:05
So anyway I went for a ride.
Usual stuff - lots of bunnies round.

But near to home I passed a mouse in the road and I thought it dead and cycled past.
Then thought 'Was it dead?'

And went back.

He looked at me and I looked at him.

I said 'I think you'd better get off the road'.

He twitched his whiskers at me so I put my foot down beside him.

He sniffed at it then ran into the verge.

Not a very experienced one I think.

glaikit
05-Jul-10, 20:13
So far today I have

Been to the doctor.
Scraped, sanded, washed and painted the porch wall outside.
Mended and cemented the pediment at the bottom of the garage.
Mended the drain in the yard- cementing into place
Cemented the loose brick back in the steps.
Had the sprinkler on all over the place.
Watered all the baskets,pots and the vegetable garden
Washed the front gates
Stained the front gates - woodstain goes on best with a cloth I discovered.
Downloaded loads of music.

Now I am going out to ride a couple of miles for exercise.

I filled today. Beer when I get back

Watcha doing?

You'd think you'd be able to find something useful to do with your time!!![lol] You put us all to shame.

Dadie
05-Jul-10, 20:14
Watching countrywise, they are using ferrets/polecats and long nets....