PDA

View Full Version : Sky Box

Ricanna
22-Mar-10, 22:02
Can anyone help?

Last night my Sky+ box which had been working fine, gave a load bang and is no more. When I changed the fuse in the plug, the new fuse blew. Called Sky to get a chap out but they won't come until 1 April and sad as it might seem, can't possibly do without it until then. I have borrowed a Sky box. It is a digibox but not Sky+. I have it working sort of with my viewing card in it but cannot get all the channels I subcribe to and in particular none of the Sky Sports channels. Some say no signal is being received, others --technical fault. I thought it would go okay with my card and I would be okay. The other odd thing is that BBC1, 2 and ITV don't work but the banner says BBC London, BBC England and ITV 1 Central west or something when I am in Caithness. Perhaps something needs synchronised but that would be beyond me and I don't want to muck up the box for the owners of it. Would call Sky but frightened I will get in to trouble! May be the answer is to try and source a Sky+ box rather than a normal digibox

Ideas/advice/idiots guide would be appreciated

Bobinovich
23-Mar-10, 01:33
AFAIK each Digibox has to be set up with the card - you can't just plug it in & go. Only thing I can recommend is to talk to Alacam & see if they have an old digibox you could borrow (along with the pairing with the card) until Sky get their finger out.

dx100uk
23-Mar-10, 03:05
switch mode power supply has blown
simple swap out jobby.

as for your other box, you need to pair the card to the box.
a call to sky should sort that.

dx