PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Paris

silverlady
22-Mar-10, 16:28
I'm sure some of you have been to DLP...can anyone give me info on transfers from CDG airport to hotels just outside the DLP parks? I can find lots of info about getting from CDG to Disneyland itself, but its a bit vague if you are not actually staying within Disneyland....
Thanks for help:o)

shamrock2007
22-Mar-10, 16:45
Hi we went to DSP last year but we stayed in the park. From CDG there was shuttle buses taking us to the park hotels. There is bound to be a service going to other hotels. Can the hotel that you have booked not give you an info? CDG is a big airport & actually rather scary to look at. I would speak to you hotel & hopefully they will be able to tell you where exactly to get a bus etc. They might even arrange transport for you. You are probably doing the right thing staying outwith the park, it was so expensive to eat there but very good indeed. The parades were fantastic. Enjoy :D

laguna2
22-Mar-10, 17:06
I believe you can get a direct transfer from CDG to DLP

Or, as we did, get a bus to the centre of Paris and then train to DLP

wickscorrie
22-Mar-10, 18:19
hi the dibb forum will be able to answer your question

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=156
hope you can find your answer here, if not just post and you'll soon get an answer

jm.mack
23-Mar-10, 07:31
We visited Paris for a week in August 2007 staying in a hotel in the city and travelled out to DLP a few times on the train. We transferred from CDG Airport to the city by an airport shuttle service which was very reasonably priced. They pick you up from the airport gate and drop you at your hotel, then they transfer you from hotel to airport for the trip home. We've also previously used the Air France buses which are located just outside the airport. They run regularly and are very reasonably priced but may be better if you know your way round.

We stayed in a hotel close to the Eiffel Tower and used the Metro to get to a main metro station then jumped the train out to DLP. They are so regular you don't even need a timetable! A proper public transport system. DLP was great and as it is smaller than the Florida parks much easier on the feet!

Cattach
23-Mar-10, 08:02
I'm sure some of you have been to DLP...can anyone give me info on transfers from CDG airport to hotels just outside the DLP parks? I can find lots of info about getting from CDG to Disneyland itself, but its a bit vague if you are not actually staying within Disneyland....

Very good shuttle bus service around the hotela near to DLP. It does a circular route from the DLP bus station so if you go directly to DLP from CDG you can then use the shuttle to your hotel and it is free. I stayed at Dreamcastle Hotel - superb.

silverlady
23-Mar-10, 09:59
Thank you all v much for all the tips and advice - joined the DIBB site and its great too! I think sometimes life needs a bit of adventure..we will probably find things out as we go. All gettin excited now!:Razz

silverlady
05-Apr-10, 10:46
:grin:Back home now! DLP was great, arranged private transfer from airport to our hotel (not a DLP hotel) which was quick and convenient. Weather mixed but we bought ponchos! Lots of happy and funny memories....

Commore
05-Apr-10, 17:53

My friend has just come back, £40 for fish and chips!
£10 for coffee,
unbelievable, there again maybe not.

silverlady
06-Apr-10, 08:06
I know, everything is more expensive there...we made picnics to save some pennies! Oh yes, and they don''t understand the word "queue" either! A bit of shoving and walking across your path, but you get used to it...:roll: still a gr8 place though!!;)

Cattach
06-Apr-10, 09:09
My friend has just come back, £40 for fish and chips!
£10 for coffee,
unbelievable, there again maybe not.

Do not know where she ate but certainly not in Disney and nearby. £40! certainly not each - how many people. Never paid anything like £10 for a coffee even in central Paris.

shamrock2007
06-Apr-10, 10:24
Staying in the park itself is very expensive for food & drinks. But a once in a lifetime opportunity

Max
06-Apr-10, 19:06
It is fantastic. There are different classes of restaurants and eating places so don't worry too much about that. You will have a fantastic time. Try to see some of the shows in DL they are fantastic. We have been twice and although it was a bit more expensive the last time - still brilliant - best place ever!