PDA

View Full Version : Online prescription glasses.

halkirk1
22-May-06, 11:39
Hi all,

Just thought I would let you all know about a great site I've discovered.

It's www.perfectspecs.co.uk

I've just bought a pair of rimless prescription glasses from them and they have just arrived, they are perfect. I noticed these glasses for sale for £160 at specsavers, only £57 including delivery from perfectspecs.

You just choose the style you want, put in your prescription and pay for them. Two weeks later you get them delivered.

Their standard frammed glasses start at £15, that includes lenses and frames. Some massive savings to be had.

Another online optician is www.glassesdirect.co.uk

Regards

JimH
22-May-06, 13:01
Just checked both sites - very useful - and thanks for the info.

garycs
22-May-06, 14:21
I bought my last pair from Glasses Direct and have to agree that the service and quality is excellent, especially when you consider you're saving over £100.

Getting the right size can be a bit tricky, my wife gave me a reassuring hug when I came out of the bathroom holding a ruler, I had been measuring the distance between my pupils!

jings00
22-May-06, 15:27
thanks for sharing this info, excellent :-)

Spirit
22-May-06, 16:14
Cheers. Excellent Site.....

Fluff
22-May-06, 19:53
yeah but what do you do if you need varifocals/bifocals? if you have problems or an intorelence? what if they need adjustments?
fair enough if it is a simple presciption, but i still still you are better going to an opticians.

nau04235
23-May-06, 09:43
Hey i must use at just about til get a new pair of glasses.

Also just thought i would say that if you use contacts if you go to
http://www.specsavers.co.uk/cgi-bin/strudwick.sh/s?langid=1&pfmt=1&siteid=39&pname=contacts.html
the specsavers website the only problem is you need an up to date prescription to sent to them or you need til get a prescription from them but even though £5 a month for monthly lenses is really cheap.