PDA

View Full Version : Carvery at Castletown Hotel

goldenguernsey
21-Mar-10, 20:12
Absolutely delicious, was there earlier today and the roast beef was to die for. Polite and attentive staff, thoroughly enjoyable, well deserved praise to them all. :):):)

unicorn
21-Mar-10, 20:15
Nice to see such a positive recommendation :D

goldenguernsey
22-Mar-10, 01:38
Nice to see such a positive recommendation :D

its only right unicorn, credit where it's due:)

Hoida
22-Mar-10, 14:29
Do they only have a carvery on Sunday at lunch time?

Scarybiscuits03
22-Mar-10, 17:02
Hoida - the carvery is on Sunday lunch and evening and is soooo worth trying! Even kids love it - especially the massive table of desserts!

Hoida
22-Mar-10, 21:06
Thanks for that must phone and book for Easter Sunday:roll:

Serenity
22-Mar-10, 21:45
What time do they start serving and how speedy is service? I know I could phone but would like first hand experience. I would like to go but work at 3pm on Sundays (luckily at a computer so I can be full haha). Heard nothing but good things about it.

Also do they have decent veggie choices?

Scarybiscuits03
22-Mar-10, 22:06
Very fast service, you go up to the carvery and ask for what you want and they serve it to you. They also have loads of veg along with non meat dishes (macaroni, etc) and then a table of about 20 deserts which you help yourself to!........You come away feeling very greedy!

Serenity
22-Mar-10, 22:54
Sounds perfect :) Thanks scarybiscuits!!

Fran
23-Mar-10, 16:52
Yes, they are great but so is the carvery at thweir other hotel, the Norseman in wick, run on the same lines as Castletown, great.

Scarybiscuits03
24-Mar-10, 13:04
Got me thinking now so I've just booked Castletown hotel for me and the family for Easter Lunch.......save on the washing up!

ss.sv650
24-Mar-10, 13:41
been a long standing supporter of the food here you just cant go wrong with it or the service, to the extent we had a 7 course christmas dinner there and it was first class,