PDA

View Full Version : Do you talk behind backs?

Boozeburglar
21-Mar-10, 13:35
I do all the time.

Do you think it is a bad thing to do otherwise?

I know what Oscar Wilde thought.

I prefer to be face to face on all matters.

The Drunken Duck
21-Mar-10, 13:45
Would that be the "A true friend stabs you in the front" quote ??

Always the best way to be though, people who do otherwise arent worth the time of day really.

.D.
21-Mar-10, 13:46
Nope... Never.

I know what it's like when folk talk about you behind your back, it's horrible. Therefore I don't gossip.

riggerboy
21-Mar-10, 14:44
i dont gossip i hear it all on the org

northener
21-Mar-10, 15:12
i dont gossip i hear it all on the org

A truer source of information is not known on earth.

Anyway, I'll stab anyone in the back, no worries at all.

Bazeye
21-Mar-10, 18:08
My body's got a front half and a back half so if Im talking face to face with someone theyre in front of my front half. If I then turn my back on them they are then in front of my back or behind my front. Therefore people arent talking about you behind your back, they must be talking either in front of your back or alternatively behind your front. I know what Im talking about anyway.

EDDIE
21-Mar-10, 18:53
The thing you have to ask yourself is if someone is speaking to you and slagging of someone else what are they saying about u when your not there?

ducati
21-Mar-10, 19:17
I find it better to move to an area where you know no one and no one knows you-and keep it that way

Hoida
21-Mar-10, 20:24
I think this is something we are all guilty of doing at some point or another:lol:

porshiepoo
22-Mar-10, 17:55
I probably did it when I was at school as most kids do but I generally try not to say anything behind a persons back that I wouldn't say to their face.

We know of people that have done it to us though. lol.
The thing with a small place such as Caithness is that the person you talk about usually finds out very quickly, as we have done. :(

I wouldn't judge a person for doing it though, each to their own I say.

Mall67
22-Mar-10, 20:20
If someone is talking about you today, look on the bright side it will be somebody different tomorrow. At the end of the day who really gives a monkies.
When you live in Caithness you have to grow thick skin pretty quick.

mrjolly
22-Mar-10, 20:27
If someone is talking about you today, look on the bright side it will be somebody different tomorrow. At the end of the day who really gives a monkies.
When you live in Caithness you have to grow thick skin pretty quick.very true. some fokes have more faces than the toon hall clock

Dadie
23-Mar-10, 00:24
I usually say what I mean but dont usually say anything I wouldnt say to the person in questions face!...... if you cant say it to their face dont say anything at all!

Cattach
23-Mar-10, 18:15
I think this is something we are all guilty of doing at some point or another:lol:

I think this is the most honest quote I have heard in this thread. I doubt anyway can truly say they have not spoken behind backs even if it is only have a girn about a receptionist, a waitresds, a Doctor , etc.

ducati
23-Mar-10, 19:08
I think this is the most honest quote I have heard in this thread. I doubt anyway can truly say they have not spoken behind backs even if it is only have a girn about a receptionist, a waitresds, a Doctor , etc.

That Cattachs a bit of a....... Oh, erm, I absolutely disagree :eek:

kjandcrew
23-Mar-10, 21:24
got something to say then say it - no pussy footing about - end of - friend will still be friend (or not as the case maybe!) :) cope!!

Whitewater
23-Mar-10, 23:22
Have to agree with Hoida. I'm sure we are all guilty sometimes, but it should be remembered that talking behind somebodys back is not always to miscall them, you may be complimenting someone who may othewise think you are patronizing them if you told them to their face.