PDA

View Full Version : Bad rep

crayola
20-Mar-10, 13:40
I often see people complaining about getting bad rep and I wondered how many people dish out bad rep either routinely or on an occasional basis. I think I did it once or thrice when the rep system was first introduced but I very soon stopped and I haven't done it since.

I suppose I could do it but I just don't.

Do you dish out bad rep to posts you don't like or think are rude or for whatever reason?

You don't need to post on the thread, you can just vote. The poll is secret so no-one can see how you voted.

Angela
20-Mar-10, 13:45
Um.....what poll, Crayola? It must be very secret indeed!;)

I've never given bad rep, despite often being tempted to, partly because I don't want to do it in the heat of the moment and then regret it...... :(

Edit: oops, I see the poll now! :o

upolian
20-Mar-10, 13:50
Ive given it once or twice a while back,dont bother with it now 'too many people get offended to easily' so i just give good rep when somebody leaves some useful information or makes me laugh :)

Thumper
20-Mar-10, 13:53
Until recently I had never given bad rep,I have ashamedly done so recently though :( only twice and in my opinion very deserved but on the whole I dont give it out,rather to either no bother or give good rep when its deserved! I always said I would never lower myself to give out bad rep,but then I did it :eek: I think the rep system should have red for bad rep,blue or gray for disagreeing with a post and green for agreement or liking a post,that way bad rep would only be for bad things not for just disagreeing with somone elses opinion,there would possibly be a lot less aggro if it was done like that x

celtic1888
20-Mar-10, 13:55
ive never because i don tknow how to :D:P

upolian
20-Mar-10, 13:57
Until recently I had never given bad rep,I have ashamedly done so recently though :( only twice and in my opinion very deserved but on the hole I dont give it out,rather to either no bother or give good rep when its deserved! I always said I would never lower myself to give out bad rep,but then I did it :eek: I think the rep system should have red for bad rep,blue or gray for disagreeing with a post and green for agreement or liking a post,that way bad rep would only be for bad things not for just disagreeing with somone elses opinion,there would possibly be a lot less aggro if it was done like that x

Well said,i cannot help but think people should not take it seriously! On another forum im on,the rep system was taken off,replaced with.... below every post is the option to click 'thanks' if you like the post,it also lists below that specific post, who has clicked 'thanks'! no bad rep system = alot less bitching! People who bitched about bad rep got even more bad rep buy the forum clowns taking the micky upsetting people,so personally i would remove it and replace with the 'thanks' .

upolian
20-Mar-10, 13:58
ive never because i don tknow how to :D:P

To the right hand side of your post...above join date...middle icon 'click it' and it gives you the option to agree or disagree and leave a comment :)

Thumper
20-Mar-10, 14:02
Well said,i cannot help but think people should not take it seriously! On another forum im on,the rep system was taken off,replaced with.... below every post is the option to click 'thanks' if you like the post,it also lists below that specific post, who has clicked 'thanks'! no bad rep system = alot less bitching! People who bitched about bad rep got even more bad rep buy the forum clowns taking the micky upsetting people,so personally i would remove it and replace with the 'thanks' .

Thats quite a good idea,we could have thanks,well said,etc which may inturn make people think about other peoples opinions on whatever subject is being discussed x

upolian
20-Mar-10, 14:10
Thats quite a good idea,we could have thanks,well said,etc which may inturn make people think about other peoples opinions on whatever subject is being discussed x

I disagree can i bad rep you [lol][lol][lol]

Joking:P

Thumper
20-Mar-10, 14:12
Oi cheeky!Just cos I only have one arm at the mo doesnt mean I canna slap ye! ;) x

upolian
20-Mar-10, 14:15
Oi cheeky!Just cos I only have one arm at the mo doesnt mean I canna slap ye! ;) x

Bully:eek:

x2 bad reps

'logs off'
[lol]

crayola
20-Mar-10, 15:30
Um.....what poll, Crayola? It must be very secret indeed!;)
That's the way the forum works. The thread is created with the initial post and then you are taken to the template for creating the poll after that.

Thanks for your responses everyone. :)

butterfly
20-Mar-10, 15:34
I have given bad rep once or twice,but now i just step back from the keyboard.

Angela
20-Mar-10, 15:35
That's the way the forum works. The thread is created with the initial post and then you are taken to the template for creating the poll after that.

Thanks for your responses everyone. :)

Ahhhh, I never knew that Crayola - I've never attempted a poll! :lol:

I was too quick off the mark then! :roll:

telfordstar
20-Mar-10, 15:39
I will admit that I have given out bad rep twice both I felt were well desreved.

ShelleyCowie
20-Mar-10, 16:26
Iv given bad rep twice i think. Once just last month but hey....it was deserved! ;) And the other time was to a poster that came on the pets corner and was being very nasty to everyone. Thats the only times i have given! Have only had bad rep twice aswell for which i believe no reason. Just pettyness and a personal dislike to me.

I do believe people get easily offended sometimes to bad rep. And to be honest i dont think bad rep is needed. If you have a problem with the post then report it. otherwise whats the point?

Yoda the flump
20-Mar-10, 17:06
Can only remember giving bad rep once, and the guy was a real troll.

Interestingly he was banned after only a few days of posting on the org

bekisman
20-Mar-10, 17:28
Nope, never given one, if someone's nasty, be the same back..

Hi Yoda, see my signature is one of Churchill's too..

ducati
20-Mar-10, 17:59
I've only given bad rep twice, once in retaliation because I am adult like that, and one to a complete div :eek:

Yoda the flump
20-Mar-10, 18:41
Sir Winston was a very insightful person. :)

bekisman
20-Mar-10, 18:43
Sir Winston was a very insightful person. :)

I have his portrait on my wall in the lounge - a great man.

danc1ngwitch
20-Mar-10, 19:45
nope, and never will.

northener
20-Mar-10, 20:25
I've never bad repped anyone.

But I think I may now randomly bad rep someone just for a laugh[smirk]

Now...all I need is a victim who will get really pished off with me for doing it.....mwuahahaha

joxville
20-Mar-10, 20:32
I think I've given bad rep just twice, back when I was a new member. Most of the time I just laugh at whatever I disagree with, shame others can't do likewise instead of bad-repping me, especially for petty wee things. :roll:

crayola
20-Mar-10, 23:32
It's nice to see no-one claims to give bad rep frequently. That's gone some way to restoring my faith in human nature.

northener
21-Mar-10, 00:45
It's nice to see no-one claims to give bad rep frequently. That's gone some way to restoring my faith in human nature.

Actually it restores my faith in the fact that many people habitually lie when responding to polls......:Razz

And while you're here, Crayola...check yer 'reps';)

Dammit, I was going to 'red card' you...but I have to 'spread it around' for a while..Yeah, Baby!

upolian
21-Mar-10, 01:24
I've never bad repped anyone.

But I think I may now randomly bad rep someone just for a laugh[smirk]

Now...all I need is a victim who will get really pished off with me for doing it.....mwuahahaha

wont be hard to find[lol][lol]

Bazeye
21-Mar-10, 18:25
i got one red rep so i just sent him a green one back.

ducati
21-Mar-10, 18:27
i got one red rep so i just sent him a green one back.

That will teach him not to mess with The Baz' [evil][lol]