PDA

View Full Version : Wicker's World

Lavenderblue2
19-Mar-10, 19:48
It was with great sadness that I read Noel Donaldson’s ‘swan-song’ in todays ‘Groat. Noel has kept us regaled and amused for many years and I for one will miss reading his column; over the years Noel even included a couple of submissions from me. I loved the photo of the young and may I say handsome Noel, with his dad ‘Hot News Donaldson'.

Hopefully we haven't heard the last of him as he intends to do some freelance work. Well done to Noel for taking that dreaded health check – hopefully it has paid off.
I wish him a long, happy and above all healthy retirement.

Lavenderblue2

skinnydog
19-Mar-10, 21:18
I would second that! A lovely man and I am sure he will make the most of his "retirement" - he will probably be busier than ever.

Cattach
20-Mar-10, 20:19
It was with great sadness that I read Noel Donaldson’s ‘swan-song’ in todays ‘Groat. Noel has kept us regaled and amused for many years and I for one will miss reading his column; over the years Noel even included a couple of submissions from me. I loved the photo of the young and may I say handsome Noel, with his dad ‘Hot News Donaldson'.

Hopefully we haven't heard the last of him as he intends to do some freelance work. Well done to Noel for taking that dreaded health check – hopefully it has paid off.
I wish him a long, happy and above all healthy retirement.

Lavenderblue2

And here was I think this thread was to be about that wonderful restaurant/coffe shop by the Harbour called Wickers World. However, congratualations to both Noel and the establishment at the harbour. Both great assets.

horseman
20-Mar-10, 22:05
Well done Noel,I knew him an his kin, especially elder brother an Dad, been chased by latter many a time,never with animosity.Good luck an good fortune to you Noel.I shall look up the Groat.

Stavro
20-Mar-10, 22:16
I would second that! A lovely man and I am sure he will make the most of his "retirement" - he will probably be busier than ever.

Most likely he will be busier than ever, finding the time to get a day off is the difficult bit! Still, more time to indulge in other pursuits like hill walking perhaps, nothing nicer on a glorious day, to drop everything and head off for a picnic in the peace and quiet. The simple pleasures of life are often the best.

Best wishes for a long and happy retirement. :)

Lavenderblue2
22-Mar-10, 08:34
[quote=Cattach;678582]And here was I think this thread was to be about that wonderful restaurant/coffe shop by the Harbour called Wickers World. However, congratualations to both Noel and the establishment at the harbour. Both great assets.[/quote

Cattach, I agree with you regarding the cafe at the harbour, I hardly ever go to Wick without visiting it.
However, Noel's 'Wicker's World' has been on the go for far longer, I don't have the 'Groat to hand right now but I am sure he said in Friday's column that he created it in 1991. :)