PDA

View Full Version : Any Blackberry users?

Invisible
19-Mar-10, 11:10
I have a Blackberry Smartphone curve thingy, and I was wondering how to access web pages without using the wi-fi. Do I need a contract phone for that or is there some way to activate

octane
19-Mar-10, 11:32
If your pay as u go, just got to there website, usually there is somewhere you can type in your mobile number and choose what phone you have and it will send the relevant information needed to access the net on your network.

Either that or do it all manually following instructions on there site

If you cant find anything just ask google

type in for example......internet settings for Blackberry curve on orange.

play about with wording if you dont get as many hits

cazmanian_minx
20-Mar-10, 08:55
Are you on Orange PAYG? They charge £5 a month to activate email and internet on Blackberries for some reason.

Invisible
20-Mar-10, 11:59
thanks for replies, will only work on 02 contract.

EDDIE
21-Mar-10, 09:29
thanks for replies, will only work on 02 contract.

U have to get o2 to ublock it if you want to swap providers and if you want internet u can get it you just have to pay a monthly fee for an add on or as 02 will call it a bolt on.
I unblocked my iphone with 02 cost £15 to do it i swapped to a 30 day contract sim only with vodafone i get 600 mins unlimited texts and 500mb internet a month for £20 a month thats a good deal i cancel it anytime i want
500mb doesnt sound a lot but it is on a mobile u wont use that up in a month.
The thing u have to watch out for if your mobile is out of contract and u want to swap to orange using your own mobile if you get internet with it its not broadband speed its slow they keep the broadband speed for customers that buy the mobile of them quite bad really thats what happened to me when i got a sim of them thats why i changed again to vodafone and vodafone is miles faster than everyone else
If your pay as you go and have to pay between £5 and £10 a month for internet u would probably be better of with contract phone or a 30 day contract sim only