PDA

View Full Version : Kids at lunchtime

mccaugm
21-May-06, 17:53
I have just heard that the kids in Dornoch Academy have been banned from going "Down the street" at lunchtime. I like this idea as it would mean less mess on the streets from chip papers etc and kids would (hopefully) stay at school and have healthier meals.

Jamie Oliver campaigned for this so reckon it should be adhered to. What does everyone else think?:roll:

I also heard that in schools where the Jamie Oliver approach was tried kids have been bringing in chocolate bars as contraband and selling it for great profits. If caught they are excluded from school.

Ricco
21-May-06, 17:57
I think that junk food, like sweets, is now endemic in our culture. I has been reported this weekend that Macdonalds is not only dropping the healthier option but that the Big Mac is now even larger - Monster Mac. Don't we ever learn? I think that those who are obese through diet should be refused National Health treatment. (There - that should set the cat amongst the pigeons. By the way - I don't mean those with acknowledged medical reasons)

Max
21-May-06, 18:07
My understanding is that some schools don't have the capacity to feed all the pupils at lunchtime!