PDA

View Full Version : Hypnotist

cuthill
18-Mar-10, 17:47
Has anyone tried hypnotism to stop smoking? I really want to stop but haven't got the willpower! There's a hypnotist at the Portlands in Lybster this Saturday and I'm thinking of having a wee chat with him to see if there's anything he can do or recommend. His name's Kev B and he's from Dundee - has anyone ever heard of him? Maybe not the best person to try as he's advertised as a 'Comedy Hypnotist' but, still, for the sake of a fiver it's at least worth a try!

sam09
18-Mar-10, 18:30
Tried it twice cuthill still smoking, probably no willpower. for a fiver worth a shot it cost me 300 pounds both times. just think of the fags I could have bought.

EDDIE
18-Mar-10, 18:37
He cant be much of a hypnotist if he is chargeing a fiver?
If you think u can go to a hypnotist he can hypnomise you into stop smoking without any withdraw symtoms of smoking then i would say no there is no quick fix to stop smoking.
When you stop smoking you just have to accept the fact that your going to have crap time for about 6 months and thats the bottom line but for me when i hit the 6 months without smoking that was really the worst of it of the cravings and moodeness over with and it was lot more manageable with not smoking and for me it gets better ever month afterwards and i was smoking 40 a day and i used the plastic pipe to cut down before stopping altogether and that been 1.5 year stopped but im not going to call myself a non smoker until ive stopped for 2 years plus the amount of money i have saved is shocking.
Loads of people want to stop smoking but thats not enough to make you stop you have to really really want to stop and until that day comes you wont stop you will have heaps of goes at stop smoking but will probably fail until the day comes when you get out your bed and you say thats it and mean it 100% thats when u will stop.
I have loads failed attempts at trying to stop smoking?

suth13
18-Mar-10, 19:01
i tried everything,three times i tried third attempt i stopped, just willpower thats all you need,been stopped three years now,
best of luck .

cuthill
18-Mar-10, 21:09
Thanks all for your advice,i have tried Patches,Acupuncture,Plastic cigarette,Gum,Tablets from the doctor.I think i am a lost cause. Cuthill

Tubthumper
18-Mar-10, 21:18
Cuthill, I succeeded in quitting using a thing called NLP as well as the inhalator & patches.
It's what that bloke Paul McKenna on the TV uses (I Can Make You Thin...) If you can find an NLP practitioner, they might be able to help.
Stopping's a nightmare by the way, but well worth it once you get past the first horrors!

carasmam
18-Mar-10, 21:23
The lady in Lyth, helped my Mother in law stop smoking, but when she was doing well she decided she didn't need the 3rd session, never went for it and was back smoking within a couple of months. I'm sure if she went to all the required sessions she would be off the fags as she did well to start with.

cmc08
18-Mar-10, 21:50
I'm confused (doesn't take much)
Is it a hypnotist show at the portland on Saturday or is this getting personal sessions (hypnotised! for all those with a dirty mind lol) for a fiver?

ak1
18-Mar-10, 22:01
i was at this guy in portlands few years back and it will cost u £100 for a personal session where he will promise u your money back if it dont work, me and a few others fell for it, dont think i even managed to stop for 24 hours! must of phoned the guy 20 times he kept promising to send a cheque he never did and i reckoned i was spending a fortune on phone calls so gave up. Have since had a course of champix from doctor and have been of the fags for over 2 years.

cuthill
18-Mar-10, 22:11
I got the Champix and they drove me mad.

Lindsay
18-Mar-10, 22:20
just to let those of you know it is a comedy hypnotist show, kinda like a family evening with Paul McKenna, a little bit of light hearted, harmless fun! its only a £5, cheap night out

Angel
18-Mar-10, 22:26
The Lady in Lyth is called Helen Wilson if this helps... I found her wonderful...

My partner is now persuing here talents...

Angels...

ducati
18-Mar-10, 22:28
I got the Champix and they drove me mad.

Ahh! that's why you post on the org. Mine was an OAPs underwater hangliding accident :cool:

Tilly Teckel
19-Mar-10, 08:45
I don't think the guy at the Portlands will be 'doing sessions', it's a comedy stage show he does. I've seen him before in a show and he's really good fun, even suitable for families, unlike some stage hypnotists. Looking forward to seeing him again!

Red
20-Mar-10, 01:12
I quit smoking using Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) which is a form of light hypnotism, you still feel in total control of yourself.

Word of warning though, it will only work if you really want to quit smoking.

I had managed to cut down to about 4-5 a day from being a 20+ per day smoker, but really struggled with those last few. I walked to the session smoking and when I came out afterwards there was someone waiting who was also smoking - I was almost sick with the smell of the smoke. I have never touched tobacco since. That was about 5 years ago.

The clinic I went to (in England) charged £75 per session and the practitioner said it generally takes 2 sessions but some people (including me) only need 1.

Good luck