PDA

View Full Version : Creel fisherman

Geo
17-Mar-10, 22:30
If the creel fisherman who has the creel at Longberry happens to read this (or you know whose it is, pass it on) is there any chance you could move the creel north a bit? The rope is quite an obstacle for shore fishing.

Of course it might be a particularly productive spot in which case it's understandable why it's there! :)

Either way be really careful pulling the rope up as I've seen quite a few lures and hooks being lost on the rope and disappointed faces when people realise they haven't hooked the fish of a lifetime! :)

thebigman
18-Mar-10, 18:41
Never fails, the creels appear at the only accessible bits on the coastline. Scrabster is the same.

George Brims
18-Mar-10, 19:44
Well how do you place a creel at an inaccessible bit of the coastline?

mrlennie
18-Mar-10, 19:46
haha This guy knows what he's talking about!

Boozeburglar
18-Mar-10, 20:27
Well how do you place a creel at an inaccessible bit of the coastline?

He he, you know fine well what they meant!

;)

George Brims
19-Mar-10, 20:49
Well I wasn't trying to be funny. I was figuring that if the creel was at some accessible place it was probably some guy with one creel and no boat, chucking it in off the shore (how does he get it back out?). If it was dropped off a boat there is more room for complaint about it being in the way.

jacktar
19-Mar-10, 21:46
What a brass neck some people have. Are fishermen not hounded enough, by EEC and the Government, with all the rules and regs they have to put up with when trying to make a living without having to shift gear so as someone can cast a line for fun.

Geo
19-Mar-10, 23:22
I asked in a respectful, mannerly way and said I understood if not, while also warning of potential hazards to the owner due to hooks being impaled in the rope. It's not even clear the creel is used commercially. Apologies if I touched a nerve.

mrlennie
20-Mar-10, 00:04
Yeah it was just a request...:roll:

Anfield
20-Mar-10, 00:36
Haul creel in, release anything in it, then cut rope casting creel free. He will soon get message

lasher
20-Mar-10, 20:25
Haul creel in, release anything in it, then cut rope casting creel free. He will soon get message
Had to be one stupid reply!!

northener
20-Mar-10, 20:29
Had to be one stupid reply!!

Bloody right. There's no way I'd let a blue chiel or a decent partan go......;)

lasher
20-Mar-10, 20:30
Bloody right. There's no way I'd let a blue chiel or a decent partan go......;)
Exactly!!:lol: