PDA

View Full Version : Hot chocolate!

Vistravi
17-Mar-10, 00:04
Which one is your faviourite?

I've never been one for hot drinks but i love the turkish delight hot chocolate in the options range. Its like eating the chocolate. Between My mum and myself a jar of it is only lasting 3 days :lol: I am having one or two a night and my mum is having sometimes up to three cups of it as it really helps her sleep.

Phill
17-Mar-10, 00:11
Stella do one, it's not overly chocolaty nor is it hot but it helps me sleep. Especially after three or four, definitely after five or six and after eight or ten I can sleep in the gutter.

Rictina
17-Mar-10, 00:22
Stella do one, it's not overly chocolaty nor is it hot but it helps me sleep. Especially after three or four, definitely after five or six and after eight or ten I can sleep in the gutter.

Ha ha typical blokey [lol]

ducati
17-Mar-10, 01:35

I've never been one for hot drinks but i love the turkish delight hot chocolate in the options range. Its like eating the chocolate. Between My mum and myself a jar of it is only lasting 3 days :lol: I am having one or two a night and my mum is having sometimes up to three cups of it as it really helps her sleep.

Oh dear. Don't look at the calories on the pack ;)

Sorry forgot, I like the orange one.

sweetpea
17-Mar-10, 02:22
The only way I will drink the stuff if it has squirty cream, mini mashmallows, grated choc and a flake on top, lol:D

kjandcrew
17-Mar-10, 03:07
Errrr absolutely a complete YUK for turkish delight hot choc - couldnt get worse lol - just a spoon of hot choc and a square of proper choc in a cup and newked (microwaved) milk does e job - yum :)

Aaldtimer
17-Mar-10, 05:15
If I remember correctly, chocolate is a good source of Vitamin K, which is a good encouragementof a decent sleep.:)
Hence the popularity of cocoa as a night-cap.

Vistravi
17-Mar-10, 14:46
Oh dear. Don't look at the calories on the pack ;)

Sorry forgot, I like the orange one.

Your post made me have a wee look at it and it doesn't seem that bad considering i put in less than what it says to put in ;) Now the sugar level is a bit high for my liking. It's a good thing that i only have it at night :lol:

Vistravi
17-Mar-10, 14:48
Errrr absolutely a complete YUK for turkish delight hot choc - couldnt get worse lol - just a spoon of hot choc and a square of proper choc in a cup and newked (microwaved) milk does e job - yum :)

Aye turkish delight really is an aqquired taste. Out of my mum's busy house its only her and me that like it ;)

Mmm that sounds good. You can't beat real hot chocolate. The amount of calories is a bit scary though lol.

shamrock2007
17-Mar-10, 16:52
Its got to be Cadbury's hot chocolate with marshmallows & dusted with chocolate on top! Heaven!!! ;)

doyle
18-Mar-10, 00:20
I would have thought with being from the Options range that they wouldn't be high in calories? Never even seen the Turkish Delight one but might try it next time I shop.

scorrie
18-Mar-10, 00:22

Errol Brown

Venture
18-Mar-10, 00:32
Turkish delight in any shape or form is my absolute favourite treat so when I saw the hot chocolate flavoured with it I couldn't wait to taste it. What a disappointment it was absolutely disgusting. It tasted like perfume flavoured hot water in fact they have a cheek calling it turkish delight. Hot chocolate to me should taste like warm, creamy chocolate and nothing else. :)

Kodiak
18-Mar-10, 18:51
TheVery best value is the Tesco Hot Chocolate. Made with Hot Milk, although it can be made with water, it is absolutely delicious. Also it is only 50p, yes that is fifty pence a Jar, for 400g. Now that is what I call a Bargain.

http://i42.tinypic.com/1zz45m9.jpg

bekisman
24-Mar-10, 12:56
Chocolate? nah, prefer Lidls Instant Malt drink - just add hot water.. trouble is they've stopped stocking it (but it will return I learn) so a stop-gap is the one Morrison's sell - lovely!

ShelleyCowie
24-Mar-10, 13:07
Im not overly keen on hot chocolate but i do like mocha! I used to drink up to about 7 cups of mocha a day before i liked coffee. Only started to like coffee when i was pregnant with athrun.

fender
24-Mar-10, 13:58
I agree Scorrie. It started with a kiss!

tracy ann
24-Mar-10, 21:11
I tried the tesco value one this week after recommendation above and it is lovely - especially with marshmallows and squirty cream!:Razz

Vistravi
24-Mar-10, 22:15
I would have thought with being from the Options range that they wouldn't be high in calories? Never even seen the Turkish Delight one but might try it next time I shop.

If you like turkish delight you'll love it ;)

badger
24-Mar-10, 22:35
Hate to spoil your fun and I'm a chocaholic but not sure if I can be any more after watching the Panorama programme on just now. It all involves child trafficking and child labour. Horrible.

mumof2
24-Mar-10, 23:49
my kids like the Lidls hot chocolate but as it's not in stock they've tried the tesco value which they liked, aero bubbles which they liked and the aero mint which they were't too fussed on. conclusion as long as it's choccy flavoured they'll like it. especially with squirty cream.