PDA

View Full Version : Canterbury - Skinandi's 20/03/2010

theboss
16-Mar-10, 23:18
http://i39.tinypic.com/2py94t2.jpg

Kenneth
16-Mar-10, 23:43
These biys sound quite good! Dont think i'll catch them though...

Jeid
17-Mar-10, 00:02
Boo... I got sensored. fml :(

zebedy
17-Mar-10, 00:08

fyl jeid... i still <3 you though

Jeid
17-Mar-10, 01:58
fyl jeid... i still <3 you though

http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/love.gif

theboss
17-Mar-10, 10:24

Awww James. You didn't get sensored biy. I made a mistake in the title and had to delete the post to redo it. Get your sweary gif back up pronto!

Jeid
17-Mar-10, 10:46
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h132/Slipkyes/comicas/wtf.gif

Douglas Cowie
18-Mar-10, 20:07
Unfortunately The Harlands have had to pull out of this gig as one of the band is unwell.

BigKev
19-Mar-10, 14:01
Rubbish.

Get Kenny and Scholay in!!

Douglas Cowie
19-Mar-10, 15:52
Rubbish.

May be rubbish to you Kev but I can assure it isn't for the person who is unwell. The last thing the band wanted to do was cancel but they have no option. I hope that clarifies the matter.

Jeid
19-Mar-10, 17:29
May be rubbish to you Kev but I can assure it isn't for the person who is unwell. The last thing the band wanted to do was cancel but they have no option. I hope that clarifies the matter.

I should apologise on Big Kev's behalf for his unprofessional and non-official like reply. I'll get the cane out and lash him tonight :roll:

Chill out Dougie biy... all this greetin' can't be good for you.

guitarzan
19-Mar-10, 17:55
That's unfortunate about The Harlands not being able to play, I've no doubt they would have went down well on Saturday night too.

Normally, I would be happy for an excuse to get the geetar out and have a jam but Saturday is out of the question for 3 reasons:-

1) I'll be steamin'.
2) I'll be in Dingwall.
3) I'll be steamin' in Dingwall.

Don't get home until the back of 9 but will likely drop in past then to see whoever is gracing the stage at that point.

Jeid
19-Mar-10, 18:13
Number 3 is a poor excuse... numbers 1&2 are perfectly acceptable

Douglas Cowie
19-Mar-10, 18:39
I should apologise on Big Kev's behalf for his unprofessional and non-official like reply. I'll get the cane out and lash him tonight :roll:

Chill out Dougie biy... all this greetin' can't be good for you.

No "greetin" involved Jeid I can assure you, just facts, plain and simple that even a Thurso "chiel" can follow.

Jeid
19-Mar-10, 23:54
Get it right, it's a Thurso biy.

Douglas Cowie
20-Mar-10, 11:18
Get it right, it's a Thurso biy.

Sorry Jeid, I always thought that was a Lybster expression as in "there's a bot in the bey, biy"

loganbiffy
20-Mar-10, 13:33
Doesn't really matter, it's all cove speak anyway!

Douglas Cowie
20-Mar-10, 18:31
New Wick band; Always the Sixth have been added to tonight's gig. The band formed 2 weeks ago will play a short set which will include some original material.
The band comprises of Niall Gallagher on vocals, Ian Henderson on guitar, Craig Jappy on bass and former Harlands drummer Gregor Cowie.

guitarzan
21-Mar-10, 02:41
New Wick band; Always the Sixth have been added to tonight's gig. The band formed 2 weeks ago will play a short set which will include some original material.
The band comprises of Niall Gallagher on vocals, Ian Henderson on guitar, Craig Jappy on bass and former Harlands drummer Gregor Cowie.

Former Harlands drummer Gregor Cowie? What happened there Douglas?

Good band though, the new lot - heard them a couple of times now.

Douglas Cowie
21-Mar-10, 10:35
Thanks for that Guitarzan, I have PM'd you.

Jeid
21-Mar-10, 11:58
http://img.moronail.net/img/5/2/2252.jpg

zebedy
22-Mar-10, 00:56
i've just lol'd.
:roll:

Kenneth
22-Mar-10, 05:33
hahahahahhahaha that did make me laugh

what like was the gig people?

BigKev
22-Mar-10, 13:24
Gig was really good aye, Canterbury were fatal!! really good vocals it must be said!
If you see them on your travels they are worth a look.

Im quite sure it is rubbish for the person who is unwell, unless they enjoy being ill that is?
I wasn't exactly going to say thats its good the Harlands didnt play, quite the opposite, i havn't seen them in ages.
And along with the rumours of recording on the horizon maybe we would have seen something new. . . . . .

Olin
22-Mar-10, 14:52
Rubbish.

They are the only ones who matter in the band anyway!

Also there seems to be a lot of cove cheeeeeeeowisisssiiss talk on this thread and I am loving it! lol

Olin
22-Mar-10, 14:55
Former Harlands drummer Gregor Cowie? What happened there Douglas?

Good band though, the new lot - heard them a couple of times now.

Theyre good at what they do! And I do believe we haven't had a Caithness version of You meat six or whatever that lethal ultimate raj-a-mataj cully cove bandit band is so I am keen!

However I dislike their style of music but wish them all the best!

Since Liquid Blue have been quiet we may now have the 2nd best band to come out of Caithness!

Jeid
22-Mar-10, 16:28
Miiiiiiin! I never caught the first band, in fact, I didn't even catch their name. I was being casually late. How cool am I?

Anywho, Canterbury were bonnie and good lek. Some grand vocals. That was the best part of the band tbh.

The X-Cer... I mean, He Slept On 57 were fine.

Olin
22-Mar-10, 16:53
The X-Cer... I mean, He Slept On 57 were fine.

Hahahahaha! "Fine" lethal review!

As a Mr Stuart Ramsay said "He Slept on 57 are a poor man's X-certs" lmao!

Jeid
22-Mar-10, 17:16
You should've heard Ranald then, everytime He Slept On 57 started a song, he sang an X-Certs song.

Olin
22-Mar-10, 17:27
LMFAO hahahahahahaahha! Deliberately or "dead gen" I did hear he was in a "hoor of a state" lmao!

Jeid
22-Mar-10, 19:20
I think it was something like "Home From Home" or something he kept singing, Zebedy will be able to confirm that though. He was blazin though yeah, taking the mick.

I lol'd

zebedy
22-Mar-10, 20:29
He managed to fit in the lyrics and song title of The Xcerts first single from In The Cold Wind We Smile

" Home Versus Home "

Kenneth
23-Mar-10, 09:34
Sounds like a good night, was disappointed I could not make it.

Jeid
23-Mar-10, 10:11
Check them out on Youtube Kenny, they've got a video for a song called Gloria.

Kenneth
24-Mar-10, 13:34
I did aye, Ross showed me it. Hopefully they make a reappearance soon.

Whats the next big band coming up to skins?? And please dont say "Saw Doctors"

theboss
24-Mar-10, 14:32
Whats the next big band coming up to skins?? And please dont say "Saw Doctors"

Next band coming up is "Ghosts in the Arcade". 2 of the guys used to be in Project Reno and Tenesee Kait, another 2 of them were also in Tenesee Kait and the last member wasn't in either band. Details to follow shortly.

buddyrich
24-Mar-10, 15:43
Jesus, i am painfully not With It. I have no idea what any of you are talking about. I hope these gigs are well-supported though.

Anyway, here's an easter egg.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dw1K823RHoQ&feature=related

Jeid
24-Mar-10, 15:52
Why didn't you play Boney Maroney the other night...

http://knowyourmeme.com/i/3866/original/nfNeT7YvTozx0cv7ze3mplZpo1_500.gif

buddyrich
27-Mar-10, 00:10
Because i was so drunk i couldnt do the syncopated pattern on the ride cymbal. I could barely play anything. Kicking the snare drum around the floor would have been more rhythmical.