PDA

View Full Version : MBT trainers

changilass
16-Mar-10, 22:38
Thinking of buying a pair of these, has any one tried them and if so what are they like please?

Thanks
Changi

Mik.M.
16-Mar-10, 22:49
Bloody expensive is what they are. Hev`s cost £125 and that was in 2005.

pink
16-Mar-10, 23:30
i love mine !

Fairly feel it when you go a good walk

changilass
16-Mar-10, 23:38
lol Mik but are they any good?

scorrie
17-Mar-10, 17:50
lol Mik but are they any good?

From The Independent Online:-

"However, recently there has been speculation that MBTs may not be for everyone. "The claims as to assisting posture, back, hip and knee problems are not supported by evidence or any good rational explanation," says Dr David Johnson, consultant orthopaedic surgeon at St Mary's Hospital in Bristol. "Indeed the instability provoked [by the shoe] will increase the muscle activity and energy required to walk – thus increasing fatigue and tiredness. Technically, the increased need for this muscular activity in stabilising is not "natural" or "physiological" and would increase rather than decrease stress and pressure on all these areas of the body which, rather than be helpful, may be detrimental.""

Gronnuck
17-Mar-10, 17:55
Save your money and buy a pair of Crocs - much prettier and better for your feet! :D:lol::roll:

changilass
17-Mar-10, 18:41
Don't like crocs, they gave me loads of blisters and are bliddy uncomfortable.

ryrie
17-Mar-10, 18:56
MBTs have to be fitted by trained staff as they don't fit like normal shoes,they come in 1/4 sizes.they are very expensive around 180pounds! Sketchers do a copy of them called shape ups and they are half the price and just as good!

ryrie
17-Mar-10, 19:02
Thinking of buying a pair of these, has any one tried them and if so what are they like please?

Thanks
Changi
MBTs are very expensive, around 180 pound, and they have to be fitted properly by trained staff, because they come in quarter sizes. Sketchers do a copy of them called shape ups!half the price and just as good!

changilass
17-Mar-10, 19:06
Just ordered a pair of trainers from japan that are made using the same technology at way less than half price, so will give them a try and if I like them will consider investing in the real thing.

Thanks for all the replies.

Bazeye
17-Mar-10, 19:09
I'd expect them to be able to walk on their own at that price.