PDA

View Full Version : 1.8 million homes in the dark!

ywindythesecond
16-Mar-10, 11:44
http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/3802/m16amoline.jpg
Sorry to be such a bore but wind generation fell from 1019MW at midday yesterday to 120MW at 10.55pm. It carried on dropping until 5.40am when it bottomed out at 49MW.
According to BWEA 1019MW will serve 1,899,242 homes and 49MW will serve 91,328 homes.
We lost power for 1.8 million homes yesterday.

www.bmreports.com (http://www.bmreports.com) Go to general, Electricity data,
Wind forecast outturn

Invisible
16-Mar-10, 12:07
jeee whizz

Gronnuck
16-Mar-10, 12:34
:eek: The future is wind powered generation, wee Eck says so! Which means that for a significant proportion of our time we'll be without power. This must be the progress the Holyrood government wants for us! :roll:

John Little
16-Mar-10, 12:45
The news this morning said the government was allocating licenses to companies from today round Pentland and Orkney for wave power stations.

Tubthumper
16-Mar-10, 13:36
10 licenses of which 1 is for Caithness and 1 for North Sutherland. If there's a boat to be used to install thse things, I fear we may have missed it!
I hope that the devices will be built & assembled here at the very least!

Phill
16-Mar-10, 17:02
We lost power for 1.8 million homes yesterday.

Divnea worry, there buildin' new coal power stations to plug the renewables gap!!

:eek::eek:

bekisman
16-Mar-10, 17:12
Just a thought - as mentioned above (hi Phil) Ayrshire Power wants to build a new £3 billion coal plant at Hunterston in Ayrshire, now it seems that Labour are against this up here.. so (for example) if SNP looses next time around and Labour gets in - will they overturn this Scottish aversion to Nuclear?

oldchemist
16-Mar-10, 17:15
I think I'll go back to cutting peats.

bekisman
16-Mar-10, 17:42
I think I'll go back to cutting peats.

it's an idea, but I've got rid of me Rayburn

ducati
16-Mar-10, 17:42
Just a thought - as mentioned above (hi Phil) Ayrshire Power wants to build a new £3 billion coal plant at Hunterston in Ayrshire, now it seems that Labour are against this up here.. so (for example) if SNP looses next time around and Labour gets in - will they overturn this Scottish aversion to Nuclear?

This new plant would use imported coal (some of it coming from Australia!) And only about 20% of the emissions will be subject to carbon capture.

How is that Green? :roll: