PDA

View Full Version : Lordi Lordi to Win Eurovision

Praetorian
20-May-06, 21:05
Bet they get more points than GB anyone else watching this?

footie chick
20-May-06, 21:12
Was watching the Princes trust thing but got fed up of it Radio Ones party in Dundee was far better last week {wish I went now}:(

angela5
20-May-06, 21:25
Bet they get more points than GB anyone else watching this?

I've got it on in the background, don't think much of turkey's song..:eek:

candyfloss
20-May-06, 21:31
Aye i thought Finlands song by Lordi was quite good,better than a lot of the other rubbish, they were a bit scary though:eek: :eek:

phoenix
20-May-06, 21:43
Ireland to win! http://forum.caithness.org/images/icons/icon14.gif

Praetorian
20-May-06, 22:49
told you so ha ha ha they were brill

Ricco
21-May-06, 07:54
Lordi DID win - wonderful. It is about time something fresh broke the boring insipid mould of Eurovision. I thought the song was brilliant and very well performed. The Brit entry? Made me gag!
No, I am not 16.... I'm 56. So, age is no barrier to exciting music. Well, my wife listens to Radio 2 and nothing I do can persuade her to do otherwise.:lol:

brandy
21-May-06, 08:32
*grins* we are the winners of eurovision..
gotta love it!

candyfloss
21-May-06, 09:17
I loved We are the winnners too,they were so funny[lol]
But Lordi were brilliant,i wanted them to win,and i'm not exactly a youngster either.:)

Funky_Foal
21-May-06, 09:39
I was watching Finland got about 292 points
UK got about 25 points

phoenix
21-May-06, 09:52
told you so ha ha ha they were brill
Personally I had hoped for Ireland to win, considering the majority {the herd of sheep mentality} like the more noisy shocking type of thing Ireland didnt stand a chance! In my mind though Ireland was still the winner! :p

brandy
21-May-06, 10:03
i was happy for finland to win as well.. *laughs* they were very creative.. and who would have though hard dark metal!!
but the cheek of lithuania! gotta love it.. seeing it making top of the pops! *G*

mccaugm
21-May-06, 13:02
Watched it with the kids for first time in years, absolutely hysterical. Terry Wogans sarcasm works for me.

Had a competition with the family and my sons friend, each chose a country and the player with the highest points won.

We all thought the UK entry was good but Lordi were priceless. Makes a change from the usual insipid garbage we get year on year. It was obvious who was going to win from the first round of votes.

Lordi Rock!

Sandra
21-May-06, 13:10
I only caught the last bit of voting and heard the winning song... thought it was rubbish, so the other songs must have been much much worse :D

scrapydoo
21-May-06, 13:16
Eurovision is rubbish! Tony Blair must not have upset so may country's this year as the united kingdom did a bit better than previous years.:roll:

landmarker
21-May-06, 13:23
How the voting tactics have changed over the years.

My view: Brits would vote for anything they thought was a good tune/song.
Some of these other countries, like the central Europeans and the Balkan states often go for neighbours, irrespective of musical merit.
This is because the mindset of people there is different to our own. Not inferior, not better, just different. In time, given the drift towards European homogeny and the single Euro-concept (I'm talking a century and more) which mindset will prevail I wonder. Is it worth allowing the concept to develop?
I saw about half the performances. The winner was rubbish, to my ears anyway. Britain's entry was a national disgrace and sounded more like an entrant from the Bronx, or Harlem, or any number of North American ghettoes.
It got twenty odd more votes than it deserved. Absolute Bobbins!