PDA

View Full Version : Our new sweetie

Tugmistress
15-Mar-10, 21:45
We got out new sweetie home today :D
not a great photo but just snapped on the camera phone so sorry about quality.
what a gorgeous little girl she is, and so timid at the moment but she will come at it soon enough :)
just had to share!

Brought her home from Balmore so one less pooch for them to worry about for a wee while.

unicorn
15-Mar-10, 21:46
Aww tuggs is she the American bulldog?

Tugmistress
15-Mar-10, 21:48
Aww tuggs is she the American bulldog?

yes she is unicorn, she is wonderful and will become a great dog when she gets her confidence back :D

froal
15-Mar-10, 21:48
She's a sweetie :D

ShelleyCowie
15-Mar-10, 21:50
I think i saw her on the balmore website today! Fell in love with her then. her face was just lovely! :Razz

Bobbin
15-Mar-10, 22:02
Didnt you just get rid of a dog short ago?

Rictina
15-Mar-10, 22:11
She's gorgeous & what a sweet face she has.

What's her name ?

Tugmistress
15-Mar-10, 22:17
Didnt you just get rid of a dog short ago?

no, we had one pts because she ripped my other dogs face 3 times, we considered rehoming but decided the risk was too great

Tugmistress
15-Mar-10, 22:19
rictina, her name is storm, she has the cutest face :) it's on a parr with billy the poofy rottie we have too lol

Sarah
15-Mar-10, 22:24
Aww she is beautiful, I have been watching her on the Balmore site as AmBullies don't often appear up here! Glad she's got a happy home :) I love hearing of people adopting.

bullielove
15-Mar-10, 23:15
no, we had one pts because she ripped my other dogs face 3 times, we considered rehoming but decided the risk was too great

I hope for her sake that your rescue AB with unknown history is the perfect dog

To be honest I am surprised that sspca would rehome a dog where a previous dog has recently been put to sleep for being aggressive towards the other house dog. What will happen if when she settles in decides she is leader of the pack and takes a pop at your resident dog. It happens....

bullielove
15-Mar-10, 23:19
I hope for her sake that your rescue AB with unknown history is the perfect dog

To be honest I am surprised that sspca would rehome a dog where a previous dog has recently been put to sleep for being aggressive towards the other house dog. What will happen if when she settles in decides she is leader of the pack and takes a pop at your resident dog. It happens....

now i am even more anxious - when her write up from Balmore states she doesnt get on well with other dogs..

Bobbin
15-Mar-10, 23:22
now i am even more anxious - when her write up from Balmore states she doesnt get on well with other dogs..Do the SSPCA not do backround checks then? I'd also like to know why this dog, who dosn't get on with other dogs has been rehomed where one has recently been pts? :(

Rictina
15-Mar-10, 23:25
rictina, her name is storm, she has the cutest face :) it's on a parr with billy the poofy rottie we have too lol

Storm's a lovely name.

More piccies please. :)

Ash87
15-Mar-10, 23:32
Aww I saw her out at Balmore a few months ago!!! Im so glad she's in a happy new home!!! How lovely :) All the best with her, Im sure you'll bring each other years of happiness!!

Tugmistress
15-Mar-10, 23:33
bobbin and bullielove - i invite you up to the house after at least a fortnight for her to settle to be told the full story about the one that was pts.
i have probably rehomed more problematic dogs than yourselves and they have come out the other side as well balanced pets within a few months.
yes the sspca do home checks, the sspca also know of the dog that was pts and the full reasons why - and the dog that had her face ripped is no longer with us because of age and health deterioration so wind your necks in and learn the truth and stop being a pair of 'know it alls'.

Tugmistress
15-Mar-10, 23:34
Storm's a lovely name.

More piccies please. :)

more piccies to follow rictina when she has had a sleep and she is a little more comfy :)

Tugmistress
15-Mar-10, 23:35
Aww I saw her out at Balmore a few months ago!!! Im so glad she's in a happy new home!!! How lovely :) All the best with her, Im sure you'll bring each other years of happiness!!

thanks ash :) i am sure we will all enjoy each other for many years :)

Rictina
15-Mar-10, 23:41
more piccies to follow rictina when she has had a sleep and she is a little more comfy :)

I hope Storm has a lovely first nights sleep in her new home. :)

unicorn
15-Mar-10, 23:47
Oh tuggs I am so sorry to hear you lost Sacha, I am also so glad you gave this girl a home and know you will do your very best for her, she has landed on her feet and for the others having a pop give it a rest unless you have met her dogs.

Liz
15-Mar-10, 23:55
Aaaww she is lovely and look forward to seeing some more photos once she has settled in.

Wishing you many happy years together.:D

bullielove
16-Mar-10, 00:04
bobbin and bullielove - i invite you up to the house after at least a fortnight for her to settle to be told the full story about the one that was pts.
i have probably rehomed more problematic dogs than yourselves and they have come out the other side as well balanced pets within a few months.
yes the sspca do home checks, the sspca also know of the dog that was pts and the full reasons why - and the dog that had her face ripped is no longer with us because of age and health deterioration so wind your necks in and learn the truth and stop being a pair of 'know it alls'.

well that is a relief then that she will be the only dog.. at the end of the day it is only her welfare that concerns me and that is why I posted in the first place Regarding your previous dog that was PTS it was very upsetting when on the surface it appeared that all offers of help were turned down and the thread from your daughter about it being her dog and she would have it put down if she wanted was deeply distressing to hear. Maybe there is more to the story as you say however all I saw was what was said on here.

I do honestly hope it works out for you and Storm. She looks beautiful and gentle. There are too many ABs needing homes. Having had experience of American bulldogs in the past I know that they are most loyal and loving animals once they settle in. I am passionate about dog welfare therefore I will speak out if I am concerned in any way. If that leads you to believe that I am a know it all then that i can live with that.

dbooth82
16-Mar-10, 08:23
aww is that storm? thats excellent that she got rehomed! we rehomed a staffie called tara from balmore on the 25th of jan! shes a lovely dog aswel,she really settled once bein tookn out of the kennel enviroment. good on u!:D

sunshine23
16-Mar-10, 09:04
Sad really that people jump to conclusions.
Tugmistress, I am very sorry that you lost your dog. I don't feel that you need to explain yourself to people who see the bad before the good (seems to be a common thing for some people these days.) Good on you for giving Storm a good home.

young_fishin_neep
16-Mar-10, 19:37
just thought i would post another piccie of storm, she settling in really well, and it is so lovely to have her company, looking forward to her coming out of her shell even more as we can all see the potential in her and know she is going to be an amazing dog :)

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii46/kazzii91/P1823_16-03-10.jpg

x

teenybash
16-Mar-10, 19:52
She is lovely and if problems do appear you are in the ideal situation to nip them in the bud......new owners can work miracles.....she has a lovely face and a cheeky look to her.....looking forward to hearing all the stories she will bring.:)

Liz
16-Mar-10, 20:14
Aaawww bless her! She has certainly found the comfiest place to lie.:lol:

Sure she will come on fine now she is loved and cared for.

attidude9464
16-Mar-10, 23:06
I for one am absolutely delighted that Storm eventually managed to get a loving home. I couldnt think of anyone better for her to go to. She is a great dog and will be a loyal companion to you. Thanks for rehoming her.

dbooth82
18-Mar-10, 13:17
hi i just checkd balmore website and storm is still on it?

dbooth82
18-Mar-10, 13:21
i just noticed we have the same wallpaper! hahahaha! from homebase!:lol:

porshiepoo
18-Mar-10, 14:34
I think i saw her on the balmore website today! Fell in love with her then. her face was just lovely! :Razz

Do Balmore have a webiste that shows photos too then? I've looked and looked but I can't find it.

Any ideas where to look?

dbooth82
18-Mar-10, 14:42
hi type in Balmore rescue on yahoo and click on Dog Rescue Pages-centres in scotland..then scroll down to Highland and caithness and sutherland is the 3rd link,click on it.

Tugmistress
18-Mar-10, 16:59
Don't worry she's still here :)
sleeping soundly after a mad five minutes with a ball lol

BalmoreSSPCA
18-Mar-10, 21:29
Try www.scottishspca.org/rehoming (http://www.scottishspca.org/rehoming) then select the Centre you are interested in The one in Caithness is the Caithness & Sutherland ARRC and Inverness is the Highland & Islands ARRC (Animal Rescue and rehoming Centre) The web site is control via the HQ so sometimes there is a slight delay in removing animals as everyone is so busy.