PDA

View Full Version : Could anyone reccomend a Vet in Thurso ?

Rictina
15-Mar-10, 21:03
I'm probably going to be moving to Thurso in a few months, so I will need to get my woofers registered with Vet.

Could anyone reccomend a decent one ?

Dadie
15-Mar-10, 21:12
There is 1 vets practice in Thurso
McGregors
(same practice in wick)
It has always been good in either anytime we have had to visit!
I live inbetween the 2 and use the one nearest to where im going on the day!

ShelleyCowie
15-Mar-10, 21:53
McGregors is great though! When i had my horsey he had burst his leg open really bad and the vets came right away, they had to come out every day for 2 weeks. 1 vet was scared of my horse though because of his size :cool:

Then over a year ago with my cat Fintan, he had a absess on his cheek that had burst. I had never noticed it due to his winter coat being in. Phoned the vet and they saw me right away at 5pm which was excellent.

Stefan
15-Mar-10, 21:58
Sorry no choice of vets up here, but the one practice is great. Rang them at 2:45 in the morning when one of my dogs suddenly had an epileptic seizure. They are available 24/7 for emergencies.

Rictina
15-Mar-10, 22:07
Thanks all, they seem a really good practice to be with hey.

Tugmistress
15-Mar-10, 22:20
can't preaise them enough, when i lived in englandshire the vets there seemed more concerned with money whereas these vets are more concernced with the animal :D

Stefan
16-Mar-10, 11:02
I'll second that!

Dog was seen, progress discussed, blood taken from my dog, sent to lab, when results came in got a phone call from the vet, discussed further treatment, then went to pick up 2 months worth of medication. 40 quid.

You don't even get a foot in the door down south for that, never mind a personal and a phone consultation, lab work and medication !

Beat Bug
16-Mar-10, 12:50
Yes, these vats certainly put the animals first! When my cat was poorly,(and eventually had to be put down) the vet called me from his home during his lunch hour so the sedation could be increased rather than Gizmo waking up only to be injected again. Can't praise them enough for their thoughtfulness.

Dog-eared
16-Mar-10, 18:30
I rescued a sick hedgehog once and the vets treated him free.

summer
16-Mar-10, 19:58
I recently took in a photo of my dog to save taking the day off work, vet diagnosed it instantly and gave some pills, dog is fine now.

Rictina
16-Mar-10, 20:05
I carnt wait to come, this Vetinary practice sounds fab to me.

cazmanian_minx
17-Mar-10, 11:42
They're brilliant - I've had to rush one of my dogs in as an emergency this morning and they couldn't have been better.

Mall67
20-Mar-10, 19:45
I carnt wait to come, this Vetinary practice sounds fab to me.

I would agree with everyone they are good, but watch out for one of the receptionists, a bit of a know it all, smarmy, kinda makes you feel as if its your fault your animal is in need of care. Will tell you how to look after your pet, mind you I think she used to work in Woolies so she will be well qualified to give advice.
But the Vets are excellent.

Jeid
23-Mar-10, 00:52
I would agree with everyone they are good, but watch out for one of the receptionists, a bit of a know it all, smarmy, kinda makes you feel as if its your fault your animal is in need of care. Will tell you how to look after your pet, mind you I think she used to work in Woolies so she will be well qualified to give advice.

Meow... don't hold back there, just tell it how it is.

bronco
04-Apr-10, 15:07
Whats wrong with Woolies workers some of us are very good at our jobs!!!

Absolutely right about the vets though they are excellent and good at their jobs.

donnick
04-Apr-10, 17:09
The vets and receptionist have been nothing but great they have vetted my animals for years and not once have i been given anything but 1st class service

Rictina
04-Apr-10, 18:35

Ha ha ha theres always one hey, but atleast its only a receptionist I can live with that.

I will be on the look out for her, LOL [lol][lol].

Rictina
04-Apr-10, 18:44
The vets and receptionist have been nothing but great they have vetted my animals for years and not once have i been given anything but 1st class service

Thats good to hear. I'm quite looking forward to going to the vets now.;)

Serenity
04-Apr-10, 23:52

Such a shame that the receptionist obviously cares a lot about the animals :roll: Bet she's just trying to be helpful, if you take it the wrong way that's your problem. Most (if not all) of the receptionists are vet nurses anyway (I thought).

Anyway cannot give enough praise to, at least, the Thurso practise and they are both the same owners so sure both are good.